Sponsored by:

GT3 Tools and Gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 01:05 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I suggest that we add aftermarket wheels (OEM sizes and offsets) to the list. Here's what Tire Rack shows:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...&package=false
I considered that, but I was trying to avoid areas where there is just an endless list of options. I probably even could remove things like the rollbars and track brakes and leave that for another mod-happy or track-focused thread (like orthojoe's awesome thread). I originally intended this as a place for myself and others to find the common items everyone needs, and would require a lot of searching to find what the most people recommended (like torque wrenches)
Old 04-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,798 Likes on 2,196 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I considered that, but I was trying to avoid areas where there is just an endless list of options. I probably even could remove things like the rollbars and track brakes and leave that for another mod-happy or track-focused thread (like orthojoe's awesome thread). I originally intended this as a place for myself and others to find the common items everyone needs, and would require a lot of searching to find what the most people recommended (like torque wrenches)
On wheels, I'd suggest at least including reputable and lower-cost options like some of the OZs. A lot of people will want an extra set of wheels for various reasons other than big bucks aesthetic customization.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:33 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Manifold
On wheels, I'd suggest at least including reputable and lower-cost options like some of the OZs. A lot of people will want an extra set of wheels for various reasons other than big bucks aesthetic customization.
Provide a specific list of those and I'll add it. :-)
Old 04-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,798 Likes on 2,196 Posts

Provide a specific list of those and I'll add it. :-)
From this list, I'd just include the OZ Ultraleggera Centerlock, since the others are all at least 2x the cost:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...&package=false
Old 05-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cormid
Tooltopia has the torque wrench for $329. Free shipping
http://www.tooltopia.com/precision-i...s-c4d600f.aspx
Originally Posted by KINGSRULE
This one does not have the breaker bar.......
OK, forgive my confusion, but is a separate 40" breaker bar necessary, or can the Tooltopia Precision Instruments torque wrench be used to remove the CL nut as well as tighten it to the correct torque setting? The original post on the first page of this thread lists it as a "Breaker Bar and Torque Wrench" but also follows it with a listing for a 3/4" drive Tekton breaker bar. Do you really need both?

Thx,
TT
Old 05-04-2015, 01:57 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tom Tweed
OK, forgive my confusion, but is a separate 40" breaker bar necessary, or can the Tooltopia Precision Instruments torque wrench be used to remove the CL nut as well as tighten it to the correct torque setting? The original post on the first page of this thread lists it as a "Breaker Bar and Torque Wrench" but also follows it with a listing for a 3/4" drive Tekton breaker bar. Do you really need both?

Thx,
TT
You don't need both, but it's far more convenient to have both because the torque wrench has to change handles for breaking. I bring the torque wrench combo to the track, but at home I use both, with an extra center lock attachment.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

You don't need both, but it's far more convenient to have both because the torque wrench has to change handles for breaking. I bring the torque wrench combo to the track, but at home I use both, with an extra center lock attachment.
OK, thanks! Looking further, it seems there are two different Precision Instruments packages referenced here--the one in the first post, which appears to only be the torque wrench, and then a "combo" torque wrench and breaker bar package referenced in a later post that includes an additional handle for use as a breaker bar. They are both sold by ToolTopia, the first one for $329 (on their website) and the other for $382 (
on Amazon on Amazon
). The item # on the first is C4D600F and on the second is C4D600F36H. I think this contributed to my confusion.

TT
Old 05-05-2015, 02:02 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Floor jack

I see the jack that is posted in the first post, it's a nice jack but I just can't justify paying over $1k . So does anyone know of a aluminum low profile jack that will fit under our cars without driving up on blocks? I don't mind paying $300-400. Thanks
Old 05-05-2015, 07:20 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
I see the jack that is posted in the first post, it's a nice jack but I just can't justify paying over $1k . So does anyone know of a aluminum low profile jack that will fit under our cars without driving up on blocks? I don't mind paying $300-400. Thanks
There's always Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...ump-62309.html

2.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack

Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alpine-al
There's always Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...ump-62309.html

2.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack

Thanks. I wonder if this goes low enough for our GT3?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:59 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks. I wonder if this goes low enough for our GT3?
It easily rolls under the jacking points on my GT3 even with a hockey puck on the pad.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:00 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alpine-al
It easily rolls under the jacking points on my GT3 even with a hockey puck on the pad.

Thank you. And the quality is good for harbor freight?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:47 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Thank you. And the quality is good for harbor freight?
I've been using the Harbor Freight one as well, and it seems to be working well so far. Appears to be pretty close to the quality of the Craftsman I have (which doesn't go low enough).
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

I've been using the Harbor Freight one as well, and it seems to be working well so far. Appears to be pretty close to the quality of the Craftsman I have (which doesn't go low enough).
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Yellow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mayor, are you using it in conjunction with the Jack Point stands? If not, anyone know if it's compatible?

Quick Reply: GT3 Tools and Gear