Sponsored by:

Houston we have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Should be easy enough to pop the console back out and swap the button locations around to get it back to stock layout.
it is easy, but you would then need to get hold of a PWIS or go back to the dealer to reprogram the console.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:22 AM
dadams1598
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with Rockitman I like the blanks at the bottom it matches the right side. I have no desire to have dealer change and I consider myself pretty picky.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Leave it the way the did it. Like it better
Old 01-24-2015, 08:05 AM
Lebo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dadams1598
I agree with Rockitman I like the blanks at the bottom it matches the right side. I have no desire to have dealer change and I consider myself pretty picky.
I finally got the PDK sports button installed by the dealer and looked fine . Unfortunately the mapping or something is wrong , on auto it does not DOWNSHIFT !!!! And even while driving it on any gear and on any throttle input it does not go up to a higher gear unless i reach 9000 rpm .
Does anyone have a mapping of the software on gear changing ?? as the dealer is going to inspect this and probably redo the whole remapping if this is the problem .
I can't believe porsche reached to this level of quality inspection.
( I am also opening a thread for some feedback )
Old 01-24-2015, 08:28 AM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lebo
I finally got the PDK sports button installed by the dealer and looked fine . Unfortunately the mapping or something is wrong , on auto it does not DOWNSHIFT !!!! And even while driving it on any gear and on any throttle input it does not go up to a higher gear unless i reach 9000 rpm .
Does anyone have a mapping of the software on gear changing ?? as the dealer is going to inspect this and probably redo the whole remapping if this is the problem .
I can't believe porsche reached to this level of quality inspection.
( I am also opening a thread for some feedback )
You mean even if you slow down to a stop it will not down shif? So what happens it stalls?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Lebo
Instructor

[QUOTE=mainly;11981696]You mean even if you slow down to a stop it will not down shif? So what happens it stalls?[/QUO Bb b
. I was trying it last night on a track and when I reach corners from a straight it stays in same gear even while hard braking and need to do it manually to downshift
Old 01-24-2015, 11:13 AM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Lebo;11981707]
Originally Posted by mainly
You mean even if you slow down to a stop it will not down shif? So what happens it stalls?[/QUO Bb b
. I was trying it last night on a track and when I reach corners from a straight it stays in same gear even while hard braking and need to do it manually to downshift
so what happens if you dont downshift?

i know in auto the transmission wont kickdown when you floor it. but im not sure if this is all youre experiencing. no matter in manual or auto when you slow down the transmission should downshift all th eway to 1st gear.

if its not doing this definitely sounds like something very wrong with yours.

i wouldnt be very happy especially after they forgot to put the pdk button.

and now this? id be very pissed. and id be letting them know.

christ, for the money you paid for this car?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Lebo
Instructor

[QUOTE=mainly;11981984]
Originally Posted by Lebo

so what happens if you dont downshift?

i know in auto the transmission wont kickdown when you floor it. but im not sure if this is all youre experiencing. no matter in manual or auto when you slow down the transmission should downshift all th eway to 1st gear.

if its not doing this definitely sounds like something very wrong with yours.

i wouldnt be very happy especially after they forgot to put the pdk button.

and now this? id be very pissed. and id be letting them know.

christ, for the money you paid for this car?
Yes and that's exactly what is happening , no downshifting . i'll keep you posted on what happens

Quick Reply: Houston we have a problem