Sponsored by:

California Legacy Plate Program

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:45 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I got mine.

Last edited by JackOlsen; 11-17-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:10 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Sweet the legacy plate looks pure on your black car Jack! Got mine today. Looks good, but not as cool as on your 72.
Attached Images  

Last edited by SanDiegoDavid; 09-12-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:58 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts
Default California Legacy Plate Program

My "DAB OPPO" Plate request was denied for being a "drug reference".. Had no idea what the hell kind of drug reference this was so I appealed and provide ample proof in form of websites with the name related to over steering, tshirts with the logo, and etymology/definition of the word "dab" showing that for 100's of years it has signified "small amount" and not some drug reference. I also explained that while a word alone could have a certain meaning, when paired with another word that meaning could change.. In this case the two words meant "a small amount of opposite lock"... Completely distinct from whatever drug reference the word "dab" alone was implicated in.

My argument was also that some regional or sub-culture slang should not take precedence in becoming the predominant definition of a word just due to a temporary trend or slang.

No luck.. On appeal was told that this is a common drug reference and my plate was denied. Am I the only one who finds this insulting to our language?

What if my English name "alex" becomes a drug reference, is it fair that I then lose the use of my name for these purposes?
Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, because I am a very sheltered type of guy😇, I gotta ask--what is the drug reference? Guys snorting brill cream?😈
Old 09-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Ordered my plates last week! 91IGT3
Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
Ok, because I am a very sheltered type of guy😇, I gotta ask--what is the drug reference? Guys snorting brill cream?😈
I learned that a "dab" has something to do with a new way to smoke hash oil through a vape pen. Next on the forbidden list, the word "pen"
Old 09-11-2015, 03:26 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
My "DAB OPPO" Plate request was denied for being a "drug reference".. Had no idea what the hell kind of drug reference this was so I appealed and provide ample proof in form of websites with the name related to over steering, tshirts with the logo, and etymology/definition of the word "dab" showing that for 100's of years it has signified "small amount" and not some drug reference. I also explained that while a word alone could have a certain meaning, when paired with another word that meaning could change.. In this case the two words meant "a small amount of opposite lock"... Completely distinct from whatever drug reference the word "dab" alone was implicated in.

My argument was also that some regional or sub-culture slang should not take precedence in becoming the predominant definition of a word just due to a temporary trend or slang.

No luck.. On appeal was told that this is a common drug reference and my plate was denied. Am I the only one who finds this insulting to our language?

What if my English name "alex" becomes a drug reference, is it fair that I then lose the use of my name for these purposes?
What a joke. The first two numbers in my non-personalized legacy plate are "69". How did they ever let THAT get through?
Old 09-11-2015, 06:18 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 11-17-2015, 01:23 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ordered FLAT6 legacy and they sent me FLATS16. What would you do? I was planing on using it when RS arrives.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:32 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Question regarding the legacy plate. I received notification my plate is at the DMV (VUDOO RS), but I just took delivery of the car so I have no plates to exchange. Now that its been a couple of weeks since I have taken delivery, can I just take my registration info (the paper thats taped to the windshield) and get my special order legacy plate?
Old 05-07-2016, 04:11 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,395 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Question regarding the legacy plate. I received notification my plate is at the DMV (VUDOO RS), but I just took delivery of the car so I have no plates to exchange. Now that its been a couple of weeks since I have taken delivery, can I just take my registration info (the paper thats taped to the windshield) and get my special order legacy plate?
David you are showing off. You have a voodooRS JEALOUSY
Old 05-07-2016, 05:02 AM
NYCone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got "FLT6 GT3"
Not sure it looks as good as I thought it would
Old 05-07-2016, 10:34 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
I picked mine up without am exchange. I told them I didn't have other plates. Just need the paper that was mailed in, my window sticker is still in my window.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:28 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Before I could think about a black/gold license plate, I've got a set of regular plates in the mail just about a week after I picked up a new car. Bought it before a trip so didn't have time to think about plates. Never seen that fast of a delivery. I guess I could replace what I have, but the least exposure to DMV the better for me.

Sorry to hear about the 16 cylinder plate and hope you don't waste much time trying to change it.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:54 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
Before I could think about a black/gold license plate, I've got a set of regular plates in the mail just about a week after I picked up a new car. Bought it before a trip so didn't have time to think about plates. Never seen that fast of a delivery. I guess I could replace what I have, but the least exposure to DMV the better for me.

Sorry to hear about the 16 cylinder plate and hope you don't waste much time trying to change it.
thx br911, i put it on Cayenne-s and waiting on the new one for my RS. Been checking mail daily.

Quick Reply: California Legacy Plate Program