Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Axle Lift Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:40 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

My car is READAY. Picking it up tomorrow morning. They had to order and install the entire lift system.....
Old 12-12-2014, 03:17 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
My car is READAY. Picking it up tomorrow morning. They had to order and install the entire lift system.....
That was pretty fast all things considered inventory wise. I bet you cant wait to get her back.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:30 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Good!

Dan (hopes to see the 72 RS some other time)
Old 12-12-2014, 06:32 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spyerx
All these lift threads remind me of the exact same topic in the 997 forum. Many, many issues. Guess they didn't get it right yet...
Coming on the run the weekend? Would be nice since you're the most active normally setting these.

Dan (invites)
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rockitman
That was pretty fast all things considered inventory wise. I bet you cant wait to get her back.
It really didn't SEEM fast....
With the help of a few fellow RENNLISTER'S....I contacted PCNA and they were very helpful expediting the part shipment from Germany. It's a fairly complicated fix - like I said, the entire lift system was replaced. I am heading over the BH Porsche soon to pick her up. I have REALLY missed her. TOO BAD WE'RE HAVING THE STORM OF THE CENTURY HERE TODAY !!!
Old 12-12-2014, 05:38 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Default Lemon Law time???

After exactly 2 weeks, I went to pick up my car. I drove 20 yards, and activated the Front Axle Lift to leave the dealership. It did not work. Same exact issue, even tho the entire system had just been replaced. The SA was baffled, and was the lead mechanic.

I am not even pissed anymore. I am seriously considering some type of Lemon Law complaint, or something. I have contacted PCNA, but I'm on the war path now....
Old 12-12-2014, 05:42 PM
_BrakeDust_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to hear that.

Sucks.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:44 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

After exactly 2 weeks, I went to pick up my car. I drove 20 yards, and activated the Front Axle Lift to leave the dealership. It did not work. Same exact issue, even tho the entire system had just been replaced. The SA was baffled, and was the lead mechanic.

I am not even pissed anymore. I am seriously considering some type of Lemon Law complaint, or something. I have contacted PCNA, but I'm on the war path now....
Ugh......that sux.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:04 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Maybe you shouldn't rush making a decision...
In my mind,it was diagnosed incorrectly in the first place. What exactly does " the whole system " means? I thought the problem was the compressor...
With a little guidance from mothership they should be able to figure it out. It must be that their technicians aren't really in tune with the new system.
If I were to be pissed,I'd be pissed that they didn't run a good test before handing the car over to the customer.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Agree. They should have at lease driven the car before calling you. Sorry to hear about your frustration. We only have 10 GT3 down here delivered already but I hear one has a similar issue after 8000km. Very frustrating. If I hear what the fix was ill let you know.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:12 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neanicu
Maybe you shouldn't rush making a decision...
In my mind,it was diagnosed incorrectly in the first place. What exactly does " the whole system " means? I thought the problem was the compressor...
With a little guidance from mothership they should be able to figure it out. It must be that their technicians aren't really in tune with the new system.
If I were to be pissed,I'd be pissed that they didn't run a good test before handing the car over to the customer.
ALL great advice, and I am taking the weekend to chill...However, I do have PCNA in the loop on what's going on.

And believe me, I am pissed as to why they called and told me it was ready. I thought, how could they have tested it, if it's still broken?????

They are contacting 'the mothership'...however, since it's Friday.....well, you know. Murphy's law in effect big time. I'm pissed at the whole fiasco.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:14 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

ALL great advice, and I am taking the weekend to chill...However, I do have PCNA in the loop on what's going on.

And believe me, I am pissed as to why they called and told me it was ready. I thought, how could they have tested it, if it's still broken?????

They are contacting 'the mothership'...however, since it's Friday.....well, you know. Murphy's law in effect big time. I'm pissed at the whole fiasco.
I can't believe the techs would not have fully tested the repair. Lemon law is an issue, cuz you cant get a new build...Perhaps if you went that route (make them buy it back)...you could seek an RS allocation ???
Old 12-12-2014, 06:20 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

That's not Murphy's Law. That's O'Brien's Law. O'Brien's Law is - Murphy was an optimist.

Dan (is familiar with Irish legalese)
Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

It's really frustrating when stuff like this happens.

I hate to say this, but when a mechanic tells me that the "entire system" needed to be replaced, I begin to get suspicious that they didn't really diagnose the specific problem and have decided to replace everything in the hope that they fix it by default. In that respect, I agree with Nick's (neanicu's) post above.

So when they say "everything", does that mean new shocks too since it's a special chamber in the damper that fills with air and provides the lift? The compressor, valve block, and reservoir? All the lines feeding the system? As Nick said, I suspect a bad diagnosis and I can't believe they gave the car back to you without testing it thoroughly and repeatedly. There's absolutely no excuse for allowing a customer to drive a car off the lot with the same problem it came in with.

Sorry for your trouble, RUF RS. Hope it's resolved soon to your satisfaction.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:50 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rockitman
I can't believe the techs would not have fully tested the repair. Lemon law is an issue, cuz you cant get a new build...Perhaps if you went that route (make them buy it back)...you could seek an RS allocation ???
LOL, great minds think alike....RE: the RS allocation....

Quick Reply: Front Axle Lift Malfunction