Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow PCCB's, Yellow belts, w/Red stitching...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

I know its not a GT3 and it's not the same yellow, but it gives an idea of what red stitching/belts look like on a yellow car.

Last edited by Warren99; 11-14-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 11-14-2014, 11:44 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
feel strongly that a car with PCCB yellow brakes and belts should not have red stitching... so busy... I personally feel even that the silver stitching everywhere is too busy...so I got standard interior
This. Hated the Blue with Red. So I did Sapphire Blue with normal belts, plat stich, and yellow calipers.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Warren99
Racer

I wish I could have ordered the black belts with the red stripes on the end like the ones on the Cayman GTS. I think those would have looked good with the red stitching.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:26 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren99
I wish I could have ordered the black belts with the red stripes on the end like the ones on the Cayman GTS. I think those would have looked good with the red stitching.
I believe they are an available option for the 991 GTS and you will be able to retrofit them to your car. Call Suncoast parts. By the way didn't you also initially request PTS birch green/lichtgrun? I had also requested that and I'm still po'd that they turned it down. I went w/ yellow also. Guess it's okay, but really not as wild as the green would have been.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Warren99
Racer

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I believe they are an available option for the 991 GTS and you will be able to retrofit them to your car. Call Suncoast parts. By the way didn't you also initially request PTS birch green/lichtgrun? I had also requested that and I'm still po'd that they turned it down. I went w/ yellow also. Guess it's okay, but really not as wild as the green would have been.
Good thinking on Suncoast, I'm sure they'll get them. I did request lichtgrun. Good memory. It got rejected about a week after the order got submitted to Porsche. I was bummed but I racing yellow is gonna look great. It was my original choice before I tried to go PTS. Consolation prize, I am getting the LW buckets. Car goes into production in about two weeks!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:52 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't do the red stitching and yellow belts, that combo does not work well together. Too much of a circus, like mustard and ketchup. As suggested if the yellow calipers don't work for you with the red interior accents paint the calipers red.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:27 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went an unusual route as well. Racing yellow with PCCB, but interior wise all red, red sticking with extended leather dash and door panel and red seat belts. Hope it will turn out well.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:43 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
This. Hated the Blue with Red. So I did Sapphire Blue with normal belts, plat stich, and yellow calipers.
With the SB, did you think about yellow belts to match the PCCB's?
Old 11-15-2014, 12:55 PM
sidicks
Advanced

I think the standard interior (Platinum stitching) does need brightening up, so IMO there are the following options:

(I'm not a fan of the coloured dials so that wouldn't be one of my choices)

With PCCBs:
- Yellow belts to match the calipers plus platinum stitching. (This is what I have on my car with carbon trim, and it looks great!!)
- Red belts and red stitching I.e. match the interior and separate the interior and the calipers.

With steel brakes and red calipers I think there are more choices:
- red belts and red stitching
- red belts and platinum stitching
- standard belts and red stitching

I agree about not mixing yellow belts with red stitching or red belts / stitching with yellow dials etc. Of course exterior colour might also impact what looks good...!
Old 11-15-2014, 02:01 PM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren99
You probably could fit them aftermarket? I guess dealer can order the GTS ones and then fit them, it's a simple job. I might go along that route. I didn't want full red belts, as have red stitching and carbon, clubsport and blue exterior with red calipers. Sill undecided if to fit harnesses. If I do them I'll leave the black belts. If I don't then might fit them.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:53 PM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also.. Why not just have the calipers repainted. Whatever colour. Body colour. Red. Black. Silver. Whatever.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Porsche997s
Advanced

Originally Posted by rosino
Also.. Why not just have the calipers repainted. Whatever colour. Body colour. Red. Black. Silver. Whatever.
+1
Old 11-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 721 Likes on 394 Posts

I would not mix yellow and red for the interior. I saw a 997.2 GT3RS with yellow stitching and the red door pulls - not a good look!

I wish they would deliver more of these. Then there would be threads on tires, brakes, etc. Not this deviated stitching & leather option stuff. Sounds like a bunch of girls discussing their prom dress!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:34 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz

I wish they would deliver more of these. Then there would be threads on tires, brakes, etc. Not this deviated stitching & leather option stuff. Sounds like a bunch of girls discussing their prom dress!

Lol…. sorry. First car I've ever built from the start. I usually buy a year or two used and let the other guy take the hit! Hoping this car holds value longer than not.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:59 PM
devenh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
I'll tell you what is did with mine. I decided I wanted red stitching just because I like it better then platinum. I also wanted PCCB ... I went with red belts as it would match the stitching. Then if I didn't like the yellow brakes , I could have them painted red for a few bucks. I now have the car, and have decided not to paint the calipers, you never really see the calipers and the stitching together.
Be aware that as you drive by the public will see the yellow calipers and red seat belt. To some, this may matter, to others, who cares?

Quick Reply: Yellow PCCB's, Yellow belts, w/Red stitching...