Sponsored by:

My seat choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:41 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
As if they could flat out admit to a 918 buyer/owner that the seats from their $1mm model could also be found in the pedestrian 911. The leather is probably coming from dehydrated cows and the carbon-fiber is probably only 90% "pure", at best. So totally not the same seats.
Exactly what this man said.

I've said this elsewhere, and at cost of being repetitive, I'll point out an exciting fact (to me and my upcoming dec build spec). The number of gt3 with the 918-style buckets, is going to be so small, that these will end up being very desirable cars on used market. When you consider that it's only the USA cars which will get these 918-style seats, and you're talking 1-2 months production at most with not everyone speccing these, how many gt3 worldwide Will have this option??
Old 09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Exactly what this man said.

I've said this elsewhere, and at cost of being repetitive, I'll point out an exciting fact (to me and my upcoming dec build spec). The number of gt3 with the 918-style buckets, is going to be so small, that these will end up being very desirable cars on used market. When you consider that it's only the USA cars which will get these 918-style seats, and you're talking 1-2 months production at most with not everyone speccing these, how many gt3 worldwide Will have this option??
True. When you think about it in that context, you have to be amazed that Porsche even made the effort to make these seats available. Most other companies would not bother.

Quick Reply: My seat choice