Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 bucket seats available as tequipment for US?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
But are they advisable with a roll bar/harness system for tracking ?
The foldable GT2 style seats were offered in both the GT3 and RS including those ROW cars with the Club sport roll bar up through the ROW 991 GT3. They're designed with seat back and bottom cushion pass throughs for a harness.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:28 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
The foldable GT2 style seats were offered in both the GT3 and RS including those ROW cars with the Club sport roll bar up through the ROW 991 GT3. They're designed with seat back and bottom cushion pass throughs for a harness.
Okay, that is good to know. Still can anyone confirm whether the lightweight bucket seat option is fold down or not on the US 991 GT3 ?
Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, that is good to know. Still can anyone confirm whether the lightweight bucket seat option is fold down or not on the US 991 GT3 ?
US GT3 sport buckets backs do not fold
Old 09-14-2014, 07:14 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sccchiii
US GT3 sport buckets backs do not fold
Great and I am surprised. How did they get through DOT?
Old 09-14-2014, 07:23 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great and I am surprised. How did they get through DOT?
no exit needed for back seat passengers in event of accident, because there won't be any.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:37 AM
sk0t
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The part numbers in the Tequipment catalogue are definitely 991, so I thought I'd help by getting the PAG part number off of my RoW buckets to compare but all I can find are some OEM numbers on the rails and associated mounting parts... I did discover that the seat belt receiver is a 997 part, so who knows what they'll be!
The RoW buckets have Alcantara inserts and GT3 stitched across the headrest portion, rather than leather/Porsche crest, so the numbers are likely to be different even if I could locate them.

If Sam or Mike see this post and can remember where the part numbers appear on their GT2 seats, then I could do a more targeted investigation.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:53 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sk0t
The part numbers in the Tequipment catalogue are definitely 991, so I thought I'd help by getting the PAG part number off of my RoW buckets to compare but all I can find are some OEM numbers on the rails and associated mounting parts... I did discover that the seat belt receiver is a 997 part, so who knows what they'll be!
The RoW buckets have Alcantara inserts and GT3 stitched across the headrest portion, rather than leather/Porsche crest, so the numbers are likely to be different even if I could locate them.

If Sam or Mike see this post and can remember where the part numbers appear on their GT2 seats, then I could do a more targeted investigation.
This is where the 991xxx part number show, under "performance", 991 GT3 area:
http://content2.us.porsche.com/prod/...rm&country=usa
Old 09-15-2014, 10:58 AM
sk0t
Instructor

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
This is where the 991xxx part number show, under "performance", 991 GT3 area:
http://content2.us.porsche.com/prod/...rm&country=usa
Yep, I saw that; I meant on the actual seat itself, so that I could attempt to find it on mine without removing a seat from the car
Old 09-15-2014, 11:59 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Yep, I saw that; I meant on the actual seat itself, so that I could attempt to find it on mine without removing a seat from the car
I would assume under the seat bottom. Hand-mirror and flashlight may save you some time.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:09 PM
sk0t
Instructor

I looked under the seat with a light and couldn't see anything like a sticker but, whilst I think I was able to scan my eyes over the entire bottom, there's little clearance under there's an equal chance that I didn't. I asked for an approximate location as it may be imprinted into the seat itself (although I couldn't feel anything either).
Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

For those considering GT2 seats, make sure you have adequate headroom before proceding. These seats mount very high (and are not adjustable height) - making it very minimal headroom for those who need the space. I believe the 991 has even less headroom than 997 also.

Conversely, I believe the 918 seats are height adjustble (at least in ROW).
Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

The buckets in the link above are foldable. Here's the description.

Lightweight racing bucket seats with folding backrest, integrated thorax airbag and manual fore/aft adjustment. Seat shell made of glass and carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (GFRP/CFRP) with a surface of exposed carbon. With Black leather covering including Porsche Crest embossed on headrest.
Note: Price per unit. $4522
Old 09-15-2014, 01:45 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

I posted this in the original bucket seat thread as well. Now on the US configurator:

Lightweight Bucket Seats
Includes:
•Full bucket, motorsport derived, unhinged seats made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP)
•Seat designed to keep weight as low as possible
•Headrests and airbags integrated into seats
•Electric seat height adjustment for driver seat i.c.w. manual steering wheel adjustment enable greater flexibility of seat position - for both larger and smaller drivers
•Manual fore/aft adjustment for both driver and passenger seats
Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, misunderstood. Can't see mine either.

Originally Posted by GrantG
For those considering GT2 seats, make sure you have adequate headroom before proceding. These seats mount very high (and are not adjustable height) - making it very minimal headroom for those who need the space. I believe the 991 has even less headroom than 997 also.

Conversely, I believe the 918 seats are height adjustble (at least in ROW).
I am 6'5" and clear the roof with helmet just fine.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:51 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Guys,

It looks like the tequipment site is an error. My buddy contacted suncoast about ordering the gt2 seats for his 981 and this was the response:

"According to my catalog those part numbers are for non-USA built cars only, also they are on back order with no ETA. Most likely, if we place the order, Porsche will cancel it since they are not for US vehicles. "

Quick Reply: GT2 bucket seats available as tequipment for US?