Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Camera

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:35 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Sam, the image you posted looks very comparable to the one I see in my car (at least when I am viewing your photo on my Retina MacBook Pro as opposed to seeing mine in person).
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Sam, the image you posted looks very comparable to the one I see in my car (at least when I am viewing your photo on my Retina MacBook Pro as opposed to seeing mine in person).
They're probably all similar but certainly better than stock, as you mentioned before. Also, this is an iPhone shot, it looks sharper in reality.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:24 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sam, My installer who is also using NavTV indicated the card reader slot in the car eliminates the need to open up the PCM for modification.

Does your receipt shows what kind of camera?
Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverrules
Sam, My installer who is also using NavTV indicated the card reader slot in the car eliminates the need to open up the PCM for modification.

It now seems evident to me my installer did not know that. I can't even find the receipt but I'll send him a text and report back.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:45 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverrules

Here it is, Rydeen miny HD

http://www.rydeenmobile.com/Backup%2...upCameras.html
Old 08-30-2014, 03:13 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Sam!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Any DIY on accessing the PCM To plug in a camera?
Can it be engaged full time as a rear view while moving forward?
Old 09-10-2014, 07:41 AM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

silverrules: did you ever have your backup camera installed? If so, what did you end up using for interface and camera?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For my 2015 build my dealer asked Porsche if they can install the backup camera during production. Answer was no this is a race car. I tried.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:07 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Originally Posted by Clocked
For my 2015 build my dealer asked Porsche if they can install the backup camera during production. Answer was no this is a race car. I tried.
The Speciale has the option of a rear camera
Old 09-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I do like Porsches' answer - first time they communicated clearly
Old 09-10-2014, 11:20 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Same here. Couldn't do special order either, as bumpers are different than other 991s. That said, in 2016, I read it's a US fed law that all cars have back up cameras.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Wroom
5th Gear

The GT3 is a racecar?

My ***. It is a (crappy) daily driver that can be used to burn more money than needed on a racetrack a couple of times per year.

The GT3 Cup and 911 RSR are race cars. I'm not expecting a rear view camera or parking sensors there.

But as I like to keep my cars long, I make 98% of the KMs on public roads and we have tight parking slots where I live I'm NEVER going to buy a Porsche again without any parking aid...

It's a shame because the current 991 GT3 is the best looking one so far and I have the money on the side. I guess I will have to wait till 2018 to buy a GT3 as then rear view cameras become mandatory in America.

Btw: Racecar ROFL

- can not use slicks
- has funky rear wheel steering
- comes with radio, AC, sat-nav, arm rest, 4 or 18 way adjustable alcantara seats (not fireproof)
- comes with silver or red stitching
- metallic paint and PTS custom color options
- cruise control
- smokers package
- LED headlights and clear tail lights (!!!)
- cell phone integration
- CD changer
- painted car key, etc

After owning two 911 I would never have thought I could be interested in Ferrari or McLaren. But they seem to listen to customers and offer options that are request.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wroom
The GT3 is a racecar?

My ***. It is a (crappy) daily driver that can be used to burn more money than needed on a racetrack a couple of times per year.

The GT3 Cup and 911 RSR are race cars. I'm not expecting a rear view camera or parking sensors there.

But as I like to keep my cars long, I make 98% of the KMs on public roads and we have tight parking slots where I live I'm NEVER going to buy a Porsche again without any parking aid...

It's a shame because the current 991 GT3 is the best looking one so far and I have the money on the side. I guess I will have to wait till 2018 to buy a GT3 as then rear view cameras become mandatory in America.

- can not use slicks
- comes with radio, AC, sat-nav, arm rest, 4 or 18 way adjustable alcantara seats (not fireproof)
- cruise control
- smokers package
- cell phone integration
- CD changer
- painted car key, etc

After owning two 911 I would never have thought I could be interested in Ferrari or McLaren. But they seem to listen to customers and offer options that are request.
That's a rather elaborate rebuttal to the term race car. Would "track" car offend thee less? : )

ps. Race cars are all technology these days. A race driver is now better described as a systems operator ... or better yet, "vigilant passenger."
Old 09-10-2014, 06:08 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wroom
The GT3 is a racecar?

- can not use slicks
- cruise control
- smokers package
- cell phone integration
- CD changer
- painted car key, etc

Trackfan, is that you?

Quick Reply: Rear Camera