Sponsored by:

My GT3 is back from Porsche..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Im agreeing with this.

Perhaps they just "didnt get it" that you paid a 3rd party over list for the car in the first instance.

In the final analysis Im with Porsche on the decision although I appreciate you were mis led.

However by now this is all history and you will be sitting in one of the performance bargains of the decade. It will all be forgotten first time you rev it out to 9000 LOL!

I cant help but think the next GT3 (991.2?) if there will be an atmo engined version will be LOTS more expensive than the 991 GT3. Porsche can sell all they make, they have proven that, its not a money spinner for them in any case and they have some shareholder to appease now on what must amount to a nett loss situation and a brand image tarnishing on the 991 Gt3...
Old 06-30-2014, 09:04 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Perhaps they just "didnt get it" that you paid a 3rd party over list for the car in the first instance.

In the final analysis Im with Porsche on the decision although I appreciate you were mis led.

However by now this is all history and you will be sitting in one of the performance bargains of the decade. It will all be forgotten first time you rev it out to 9000 LOL!

I cant help but think the next GT3 (991.2?) if there will be an atmo engined version will be LOTS more expensive than the 991 GT3. Porsche can sell all they make, they have proven that, its not a money spinner for them in any case and they have some shareholder to appease now on what must amount to a nett loss situation and a brand image tarnishing on the 991 Gt3...
Completely agree, Macca. The GT3 is the bargain of the century...build a C4S, 50th or a Targa, all within dollars of the GT3, which is so much more car than any of those I mentioned. The GT3 is gonna keep its value (or close to it), and will not depreciate too much, as it is very exclusive, an amazing car, and once this is all behind us, it will all be forgotten. While this was going on, I was looking at all other cars that would appease my desire for something in the same category, and there really is nothing anywhere this price...as my friend who works for Ferrari said, you need to spend double with them to get close, and even then, you really can't drive those cars as the value drops like a rock when you do. So, we are left with the GT3. Good for us owners!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Completely agree, Macca. The GT3 is the bargain of the century...build a C4S, 50th or a Targa, all within dollars of the GT3, which is so much more car than any of those I mentioned. The GT3 is gonna keep its value (or close to it), and will not depreciate too much, as it is very exclusive, an amazing car, and once this is all behind us, it will all be forgotten. While this was going on, I was looking at all other cars that would appease my desire for something in the same category, and there really is nothing anywhere this price...as my friend who works for Ferrari said, you need to spend double with them to get close, and even then, you really can't drive those cars as the value drops like a rock when you do. So, we are left with the GT3. Good for us owners!
Yep! During the silence from PAG at the beginning of the stop sale, I checked out other options...nothing comes close when you factor price, and my personal comfort in terms of being nonchalant about racking up the miles.

Man...I can't wait to finally get my car!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Every car nut on the planet knows about this. It may ultimately not matter that much. We will see.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:27 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, Streetking. Your stable is impressive and the GT3 is one hell of a car. Glad you kept it.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Legally once you signed the papers and return them, PCNA could not back out UNLESS there was a provision in the purchase agreement allowing them to do so. I would have your attorney review the matter.
Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
I'm really surprised you even thought they would ever refund what you paid over sticker.
Originally Posted by rijowysock
they didnt take the extra money, so why would they pay you back money they never got.

the extra money went in someones pocket, the broker.. not pcna.
Bottom line is, they originally told me they would pay me what I had into the car, then changed their mind. At this point, it's not about the money, its about keeping to your word. I know of several guys that paid over sticker to a Porsche Dealer to get "used" ones. Yes, it's great car, but I don't think I will ever "forget" what I went through with this damn car. I'm lucky to have several other exotics to drive, I couldn't imagine if this was my only pride & joy and had to wait...
Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

they didnt' charge you over tho.. it was a broker... porsche had nothing to do with that.

if u give me 100k over sticker for a speciale... then ferrari isnt getting it, i am...

it's just common sense. you paid "someone" extra money to guarantee you get a car.. porsche has nothing to do with that..

as far as over sticker for used ones.. thats just a way around them getting in trouble for adding a "market adjustment" to the window sticker which is shunned upon (what happened to you)

as far as "other exotics" i would say most gt3 owners have other toys too... never met someone who only had a gt3 and then had minivans and prius'
Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
they didnt' charge you over tho.. it was a broker... porsche had nothing to do with that.

if u give me 100k over sticker for a speciale... then ferrari isnt getting it, i am...

it's just common sense. you paid "someone" extra money to guarantee you get a car.. porsche has nothing to do with that..

as far as over sticker for used ones.. thats just a way around them getting in trouble for adding a "market adjustment" to the window sticker which is shunned upon (what happened to you)

as far as "other exotics" i would say most gt3 owners have other toys too... never met someone who only had a gt3 and then had minivans and prius'

If I wanted to pay 50k over to get a GT3, it's my money and my choice. AGAIN, they AGREED to pay me what I had in the car, sent me a settlement statement and then backed out. Just stating facts here. I was just simply stating that if I did not have anything else fun to drive during the "no drive" period, I would have been more pissed. Also, there nothing wrong with having a minivan or Prius. I own a 2004 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor and enjoy driving it as well..
Old 07-01-2014, 01:08 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 940 Likes on 544 Posts

Driving back from COTA sunday night around 5:30, I saw a black 991 GT3 going south on 360 near 183,was that you?
Old 07-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Driving back from COTA sunday night around 5:30, I saw a black 991 GT3 going south on 360 near 183,was that you?
No, mine is white.. How did you run on Sunday? What ended up being wrong with the yellow GT3?
Old 07-01-2014, 01:29 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 940 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetking
No, mine is white.. How did you run on Sunday? What ended up being wrong with the yellow GT3?
I didn't have any trouble on Sunday. Track temps were over 100F so I took it easy. I wasn't out to set any personal bests this weekend....

Yellow GT3 had a dead alternator.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:12 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It was meant for you to have this car
Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I think you're correct about this, Macca. The gap to the new RS will be 50K+, and they will close the price gap between it and the 991.2 GT3 whether because of content or just marketing.

Originally Posted by carcommander
Every car nut on the planet knows about this. It may ultimately not matter that much. We will see.
I have to go with Jeff on this one. At the Porsche Parade Concours a couple of weeks ago everyone was asking "what did you drive" and I must have told my GT3 story 20 times. Less than half of the PCA members had heard about the engine replacement. Same thing on the Factory tour last week.

We're obsessed with the story here but we aren't a representative sample, and in a few years none of this will matter much regardless, IMO.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant help but think the next GT3 (991.2?) if there will be an atmo engined version will be LOTS more expensive than the 991 GT3. Porsche can sell all they make, they have proven that, its not a money spinner for them in anly case and they have some shareholder to appease now on what must amount to a nett loss situation and a brand image tarnishing on the 991 Gt3...
Yup, 991.2 GT3 with 500 BHP.

Speaking of, wonder if you just took stock everything and just did an ECU remap how much more you could get out of this engine? Wonder if there is 25 BHP lurking in there?

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 07-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:41 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Yup, 991.2 GT3 with 500 BHP.
Haha. You mean an extra 10hp above the likely real world output of the 991.1?

Quick Reply: My GT3 is back from Porsche..