Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^What model was the Loaner?? Did you have the Loaner insured or left it to the Dealer?
Old 05-06-2014, 11:20 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^What model was the Loaner?? Did you have the Loaner insured or left it to the Dealer?
911 (not S).
Car that hit me accepted 100% fault. So, car that hit me will cover the damage and new loaner (can't wait to see what they'll cover, comparable to a Porsche?) and just waiting to hear from the dealer how they want to handle it.

For goodness sakes, between the GT3 down coupled w/ all this drama, I'm thinking the Dodge Caravan is starting to look pretty good, about now.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI, on PH forum, a couple of UK members have reported engines being built this week and delivered next week...
Old 05-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^Just be glad you are okay. - the worst is when you actually see the car coming in the rearview mirror and there is nothing you can do
Old 05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get it. We have heard from two of the earliest customers, Arth and TomTom77 in Dubai, that their engines will be produced in Weeks 21 & 23, respectively. We have been believing that Porsche started producing engines in Week 17 (April 22). Someone said that they were producing 40 engines per day. That's 200 engines per week for four weeks. What is happening to those 800 engines?

Could it possibly be that some of what we have been hearing on the internet is not accurate?

Nah, I believe that for those of us in the US, our engines have already been shipped, and Ian is going to call all of us on Monday and tell us that our cars will be ready on Tuesday. Did I mention that I am an optimist?

optimism: an inclination to put the most favorable construction upon actions and events or to anticipate the best possible outcome.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Can one be pessimistically optimistic?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I am sadly concluding that when it comes to dealing with Porsche the reverse is true. Expect the worst and you will not be disappointed.

I cannot tell you how hugely disappointed I am regarding the apparent delay in swapping engines. We in NA have always been last when it comes to Porsche introducing and delivery models. If history is any indication and based on what the Middle East have been told about their engines, it is not out of the realm of possibility that our engines could be installed in late August or even into September. It would also explain why the 2014's not yet built will be pushed back to October/November of this year.

What a f**king disaster.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

This will certainly be a game changer for me. But I will wait to hear it from the "horse's mouth" because there has ben a lot of misinformation/speculation conveyed but I am not saying, purposely. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Nico38gt3
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening friends Your GT3 engines are in production and controlled. Your Porsche centers will provide you with your very quickly week intervention. The schedule was sent to each center
Old 05-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^ You wouldn't happen to be Andreas Preuninger???

We've been wondering where you have been hiding of if they shipped you off to Siberia.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

If PCNA has the schedule (which I believe they have) why the delay in letting us know what it is? They need to understand that the frustration with Porsche is not its products but with the level of communication.

If I was in charge of PCNA, TODAY I would email (if they have their email) all owners or stake holders their respective replacement dates. If no email address, call or advise their dealer to make contact. Get the information out today!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If PCNA has the schedule (which I believe they have) why the delay in letting us know what it is? They need to understand that the frustration with Porsche is not its products but with the level of communication.

If I was in charge of PCNA, TODAY I would email (if they have their email) all owners or stake holders their respective replacement dates. If no email address, call or advise their dealer to make contact. Get the information out today!!!
I thought (from what I've read in several posts) that PCNA wasn't supposed to get the scheduling info from PAG until May 9 and would then begin calling people on May 12 in the order that their engines were to be replaced.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:07 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I called Ian at PCNA in Atlanta. Didn't pick up.

Then I called the customer care center in Massachusetts--a location I have likely called 10 times since this whole thing started. Today, spoke with someone whom I have never spoken with in the past. And he seemed utterly clueless about the situation--all the others I have spoken with in the past (Sara, Tiana, etc. were great). In fact, the only thing he could do after opening my case in the system was put me on hold, then return only to say, "I don't see any new notes about your case." Nothing else. No mention of anything about the GT3 and the timing of swaps. When I asked him specifically about the forthcoming info, he replied with, "I don't see any information in the system about that yet." For the first time, I felt like the person I was speaking with had literally no clue about the recall at all.

Are they just hiring new staff now with no background on the issue?!?!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I thought (from what I've read in several posts) that PCNA wasn't supposed to get the scheduling info from PAG until May 9 and would then begin calling people on May 12 in the order that their engines were to be replaced.
Mike, I would wager PCNA has the information. PAG sent the information to ALL the centers. PCGB, EU, Far East and Middle East are already communicating the schedules. PAG would not parcel this information out. I am not sure why the hold up with us but it better be for a damn good reason like adjusting the compensation package.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This form the Porsche rep I communicate with, sent yesterday when I emailed a new inquiry: He wrote a bit but said nothing:

To answer all of your questions, PCNA has received no official notification
of logistics or timing of engine replacements. I have heard all of the
ideas mentioned below, but nothing I would qualify than anything more than
speculation at this point. Also, there is the potential of further news
later this week, however, given what has occurred thus far, I do not want
to guarantee there will be more answers on that time-line.

Given that engines are already in production, it would seem reasonable to
have some understanding of the operational details of the engine
replacement, so I would expect something soon. I am sorry that I can't give
more precise information at this time.

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates