Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action

 
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 PM
  #166  
doubleurx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
doubleurx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Truckee
Posts: 2,826
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I really hope so for you guys. I big check up front would go nicely with the monthly stipend, maybe along with a trip to be the first to try the RS!
doubleurx is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:31 PM
  #167  
JCBH
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JCBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,237
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Mike in CA View Post
Thanks Tim, great news Macca! Our UK brothers have finally been recognized!! Now fingers crossed for a bump for Cat A in the US as well.
Another post today - not sure if you guys saw it...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...for-engine-fix
JCBH is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 PM
  #168  
0Q991
Super User
 
0Q991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JCBH View Post
Another post today - not sure if you guys saw it... http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...for-engine-fix
Thanks, Jeff! Finally another US blog...

Now that the UK is getting more in line with Middle East comp, I sure hope PCNA steps it up here in the US also--especially and namely for owners such as yourself!
0Q991 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:52 PM
  #169  
JCBH
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JCBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,237
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by 0Q991 View Post
Thanks, Jeff! Finally another US blog...

Now that the UK is getting more in line with Middle East comp, I sure hope PCNA steps it up here in the US also--especially and namely for owners such as yourself!
yeah, the fact that we get the same warranty as people with cars not yet delivered does not seem too fair...my warranty clock is ticking, and others have not yet started...hopefully they agree with that logic.
JCBH is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:55 PM
  #170  
0Q991
Super User
 
0Q991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JCBH View Post
yeah, the fact that we get the same warranty as people with cars not yet delivered does not seem too fair...my warranty clock is ticking, and others have not yet started...hopefully they agree with that logic.
I've always said that your group should get a 2 year extension and more comp than mine (car at port). Here's to hoping that logic prevails over at PCNA / PAG!
0Q991 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 03:59 PM
  #171  
JCBH
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JCBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,237
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by 0Q991 View Post
I've always said that your group should get a 2 year extension and more comp than mine (car at port). Here's to hoping that logic prevails over at PCNA / PAG!
Hah - yeah, I just hope everyone gets their engines and cars soon...this wait is killing me!
JCBH is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 04:01 PM
  #172  
Sierra Mike
User
Thread Starter
 
Sierra Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK/Chicago
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Macca View Post
P.S. Many of the UK and Europe online news agencies picked up the press releases on the GT3 Action group but very few of the USA (if any) did.

If the USA pick up the press release like the Telegraph etc did in UK and the media in Germany then I think you will find things accelerate although we are already hearing that PCNA will likely be communicating a Cat A package very soon and again likely inline with the UK and UAE/Europe packages on offer.

Fingers crossed!
We used a PR service to make the release and selected service for both the UK and US markets. I think what may have been key is the fact I'm a Brit. We'll make a push to get it more exposure in the US market - I have some ideas!
Sierra Mike is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 05:10 PM
  #173  
Mike in CA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mike in CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,865
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo View Post
We used a PR service to make the release and selected service for both the UK and US markets. I think what may have been key is the fact I'm a Brit. We'll make a push to get it more exposure in the US market - I have some ideas!
Honestly, you folks in the UK had a more compelling story and deserved the most attention given the fact that your lack of any compensation was so unfair. Still, there are inequities in the US situation as well and hopefully PCNA will respond. Can't thank you guys enough for all of your efforts.
Mike in CA is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 05:26 PM
  #174  
Sierra Mike
User
Thread Starter
 
Sierra Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK/Chicago
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike in CA View Post
Honestly, you folks in the UK had a more compelling story and deserved the most attention given the fact that your lack of any compensation was so unfair. Still, there are inequities in the US situation as well and hopefully PCNA will respond. Can't thank you guys enough for all of your efforts.
Thanks Mike. We have some members reporting an uplift in comp in the US and definitely one where the dealer actually shared our letter with its customer to help come to a mutually satisfactory conclusion. It's great to have a dealer who'll work with you because your relationship and custom matter. If only more dealers were like that.
Sierra Mike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Owners/Depositors Group Action


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: