Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!

I am starting this thread to provide general information & some local recommendations for those Rennlisters planning to attend. The 2014 PCA Parade will be held this year in Monterey, CA from June 15th to the 21st.

http://parade2014.pca.org

http://parade2014.pca.org/docs/form_event_gantt2014.pdf

Registration started last Tuesday - April 1st. I registered today and I was already entrant #1008! So if you are thinking of coming, I suggest you register ASAP. For those planning to come for the weekend & just attend the Monday Concours d'Elegance, I suggest you get your hotel reservations in order!

Doing a full PCA Parade is an acquired taste. If you have never attended, this one might be worth considering due to its beautiful location & because it will draw some of California's nicest Porsches to its Concours on Monday, June 16th! For those that want to test the waters before committing to a whole week of Porsche activities with perfect strangers, I suggest you attend the Monday Concours. I recommend you arrive on Saturday or Sunday to see the entrants clean, polish & prep their cars at the headquarter hotel (Hyatt Garden Inn) for the Concours on Monday. Some of the best memories I have of past Parades are of talking to the participants as they prepared their cars for the Concours! Some of the more 'fanatical' folks will arrive with their Porsches on Thursday & Friday and work on their cars for three/four straight days to get it ready for Monday's Concours! It's a rather unique automotive ritual that you will probably NOT experience in any other car club event in the world!

The last time we had a Parade in Northern California was 'Sacramento' in 2000. And before that, 'Monterey' in 1990. So this will be something special. The 2015 Parade will be held in far-away French Lick, Indiana. And it will be a while before another Parade is hosted near us here in Northern California. So Carpe Diem!

Hope others join in with their own comments & recommendations to help Rennlisters get the most from their attendance at this year's PCA Parade in Monterey. To not duplicate the posts, I will only keep updating the thread that I started at the 991 forum on the same topic. See you there!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8084...21-2014-a.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2014, 02:43 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 82 Posts

Eduardo, my understanding is that the Monday Concours d' Elegance is open to the general public, IOW you don't have to actually register for the parade to attend. As far as you know, is that correct? If so, in your opinion would there be any benefit at all to registering if the Concours is the only event I plan to attend? Other commitments preclude me staying beyond Monday.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:54 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like fun. I'll definitely be there for some if not all of it.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:12 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Eduardo, my understanding is that the Monday Concours d' Elegance is open to the general public, IOW you don't have to actually register for the parade to attend. As far as you know, is that correct? If so, in your opinion would there be any benefit at all to registering if the Concours is the only event I plan to attend? Other commitments preclude me staying beyond Monday.
That is correct. Everyone is welcome to come to the Concours on Monday, June 16th. Non registrants can also observe at the Autocross. All other activities are closed to non-Parade entrants.

If you can only make the Concours on Monday June 16th, it doesn't make sense to sign up for the entire Parade. Registration costs $169, so it is not inexpensive. By the way, the Parade Concours on Monday will take place on the grounds of the Del Monte Golf Course, just behind the Hyatt Regency Monterey, the PCA Parade Headquarters hotel & meeting place.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2014, 10:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,683 Likes on 782 Posts

I plan to visit and participate in the weekends PCA event at LS.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
That is correct. Everyone is welcome to come to the Concours on Monday, June 16th. Non registrants can also observe at the Autocross. All other activities are closed to non-Parade entrants.

If you can only make the Concours on Monday June 16th, it doesn't make sense to sign up for the entire Parade. Registration costs $169, so it is not inexpensive. By the way, the Parade Concours on Monday will take place on the grounds of the Del Monte Golf Course, just behind the Hyatt Regency Monterey, the PCA Parade Headquarters hotel & meeting place.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Perfect, thanks. The Del Monte GC is less than a mile from our Monterey house.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are registered and have attended several Parades. Our GT3 that is currently awaiting a new motor is entered in the Autocross. If it is not running by then we will run the 991S loaner!

Quick Reply: Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!