Sponsored by:

The New 2015 Sports Chrono

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The New 2015 Sports Chrono

Here's some more information on the new sports chrono app for 2015 from the German website....

http://www.porsche.com/germany/model...hrono-package/

Here is the translation....
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for posting. Looks like it's basically an aim solo DL integrated into PCM. No camera.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Question is, will this be enough for the true GT3 driver - those who would not configure the dash-wart on their car - to check the Dash-Wart option when configuring their car?

As opposed to dealers always checking the damn Sport Chrono option just too add more cost on to the car!!!

The new GT3 is a great value. I've always wanted to order a new turbo and configure it "My Way" like it's burger king. I was amazed when I configed an 991 3 my way and came out under $150K.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 03-29-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: To add an ? and a ! and put to out.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Is it just me, but from reading the text, it appears to me that to get the automatic lap timing without having to use the stack to start each lap, you need to have the app running on your smartphone ?? I hope not..
Old 03-29-2014, 01:57 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Question is, will this be enough for the true GT3 driver - those who would not configure the dash-wart on their car - to check the Dash-Wart option when configuring their car.

As opposed to dealers always checking the damn Sport Chrono option just too add more cost on to the car.
True GT3 driver = no wart?

I think I know what you're saying though: Is this option robust enough where a track enthusiast would want to pay for it? Jury is still out. My data/video setup is already perfected for me. Am I willing to pay $1800 for a new system that is integrated into the car? I'm not sure. Leaning towards no until I see what it can actually do, and if it is any better/more convenient than RaceStudio 2.

The new GT3 is a great value. I've always wanted to order a new turbo and configure it "My Way" like it's burger king. I was amazed when I configed an 991 3 my way and came put under $150K.
My build came out to $137k under the 2014 build (included the wart, LOL). I wonder what it will be now that it will likely be bumped to 2015?

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Is it just me, but from reading the text, it appears to me that to get the automatic lap timing without having to use the stack to start each lap, you need to have the app running on your smartphone ?? I hope not..
Information is still too vague. Hopefully more info will come out, but I'm guessing that we won't get much information until someone actually takes delivery of one and tell us more. I just learned recently that the new sport chrono options can export data for video overlay. There is zero info on that on the Porsche website.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Yup, I just configured a quickie GT3, nothing special; came out to $145,585!

Kept the paint simple, silver wheels, Wheel Lift, the better seats - I probably would never order the track seats unless I had a specific track car, the cheap upgraded lights, the cheap upgraded sound system. No sirrius xm - you can go after market and get it far cheaper. Fire putter-outter which I do with all my configs. Model Designation Delete. I put in the light design package to whoo the women during the night drives during dating. Clear taillights... Even went with the Leather Interior in Black Alcantara with Stitching in Red and still came in under $150K MSRP.

I dunno but considering the VW i.e. Porsche took the 911 "UP MARKET" that is a decent price.

But then I've been seeing the McLarens go for up to $30K below $200K the imagination wonders and the appetite whets. Crap what is one to do?

/end babbling

Off the top of my head, doesn't the Turbo start off at $147+ some change?

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 03-29-2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: To fix Grahammatical errors.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Z06 much nicer and includes camera.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Yup, I just configured a quickie GT3, nothing special; came out to $145,585!

Kept the paint simple, silver wheels, Wheel Lift, the better seats - I probably would never order the track seats unless I had a specific track car, the cheap upgraded lights, the cheap upgraded sound system. No sirrius xm - you can go after market and get it far cheaper. Fire putter-outter which I do with all my configs. Model Designation Delete. I put in the light design package to whoo the women during the night drives during dating. Clear taillights... Even went with the Leather Interior in Black Alcantara with Stitching in Red and still came in under $150K MSRP.

explain how the light design package helps you "woo women during night drives while dating"
Old 03-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
...and 600HP!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Its not even out yet. With the world record history making multimillion recalls within a month on every conceivable GM model, I am waiting at least a year to see what happens with this one. GM is in serious trouble at this point. They simply don't have ANY quality control, nor have they for the past few years. Very very troubling.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:44 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

A little off topic but wouldn't be awesome to have a front mounted factory GoPro reso camera on the front of the sports chrono wart? Just select the front cam on the PCM menu, plug in a nice big memory stick in the USB port in the glove box and voila!

I'd check that box for sure!

Quick Reply: The New 2015 Sports Chrono