Ordered my GT3 yesterday, delivery in 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my GT3 yesterday, delivery in 2 weeks

Hi all,

Sold my previous 997 GT3 a couple of months ago and decided to buy a preowned 991 Carrera 2S as a DD and a Cup car for the track.

The local dealer called me a couple of weeks ago and told me that he had a GT3 available for instant delivery. Wasnīt that interested at first as I already had a couple of Carreras in the scope as well as a Cup car.

Then he sent me the specs. White exterior, black interior (alcantara/leather), Clubsport package with carbon bucket seats, LED lights, nose lift, Sport Chrono and the PCM with better speakers. He also offered to buy a 997 Carrera 2S of my hands for a decent price and offered the GT3 to a price that I couldnīt resist.

All in all: Delivery in two weeks and the first trip is straight down to the Ring for the first weekend on the track after the winter!

Sometimes you just get lucky! Thought my days as a DD GT3 driver was over but things change

matias

Last edited by FinHenke; 02-23-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:48 AM
sidicks
Advanced

I think he must have seen you coming - with the current recall and unknown repair timescales, you won't be driving that car for quite a few weeks!!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Nice catch and sounds like you got a discount to boot.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. Once you get the taste of GT3 it be hard driving anything else.I am getting my car in about 2-4 weeks as well. 475HP on steroid.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:03 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice!

But how can he promise delivery in 2 weeks?!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Have I missed something? Isn't the stop sale in effect? I don't any dealer will deliver a car until the problem is sorted out by Porsche and based on their pronouncements it may be a very long time.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:27 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

The car was in their taxfree consignement and would of been sold back to Europe if I wouldnīt taken it, there was probably someone who ordered the car and then backed out of the deal. The dealer said that the car is on itīs way to the importer here in Finland and that they will check it out the callback issues before delivery. My deadline for delivery is April 2 as I have to be on the Ring on the 5th (2000 km drive). Told me there shouldnīt be a problem with that.

Really pleased with the specs, the only changes I would of done was to take away the noselift and have red interior stiching instead of the normal stiching. And of course the car has all the small no-brainer options as 90 L fuel tank etc.

matias
Old 02-22-2014, 02:25 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Not quite sure how the dealer can say there shouldn't be a problem with timing. They don't know when the current issue will be resolved to release vehicles. Hopefully they are correct and it will be before April 2nd, but they should be qualifying their statement.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:29 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
Not quite sure how the dealer can say there shouldn't be a problem with timing. They don't know when the current issue will be resolved to release vehicles. Hopefully they are correct and it will be before April 2nd, but they should be qualifying their statement.
I'm supposed to pick my car up in Zuffenhausen on the 2nd, and was also hoping to be at the 'ring on the 5th too. Hopefully our cars won't get held up!
Old 02-22-2014, 03:10 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by shizzle
I'm supposed to pick my car up in Zuffenhausen on the 2nd, and was also hoping to be at the 'ring on the 5th too. Hopefully our cars won't get held up!
Lets hope for the best, wouldn't mind breaking the car in with a roadtrip. Helsinki-Stockholm-Hamburg-Nurburgring-Zurich-Engelberg and back
Old 02-22-2014, 03:42 PM
frayed
Race Car

Totally agree with what others have said. Promising all will be sorted out by 4/2 is pure sales-speak.

Stated another way, there's been no communication from Porsche that indicates any particular timeline b/c they don't know the root cause of the why several motors have thrown rods. Dealer's statement is simply optimism.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Nice catch and sounds like you got a discount to boot.
Discount? Are you kidding? A GT3 list price in Finland is like 400K USD LOL!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:28 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macca
Discount? Are you kidding? A GT3 list price in Finland is like 400K USD LOL!
Macca, how are you aware of our car taxation system? Most people from abroad donīt understand it at all

The only cars that are almost normally priced in Finland are cars with an emission rate below 100 g of co2/km, thus making EVs and Plugin Hybrids really interesting when speaking of premium cars.

The base price of the GT3 is 195.000 dollars (euro to dollar converted with 1,36) and the with an emission base of 289g of CO2 per km the GT3 has a purschace tax of 159.000 dollars.

The car tax is although refundable if you would like to export the car at some stage, although as the car get older and depriciates in price, the purschace tax decreace in the same amount as the cars depriciation. So when I sell the car in maybe 2 years, I will get approx. 125.000 dollars as a tax refund.

So the cars arenīt actually that expencive but the plates cost quite a bit. On the positive side, the insurance is really cheap over here. A normal insurance for a GT3 type car would be something around 2000 dollars per year.

Luckily we are part of the EU so sales within the Union is pretty easy. Not a lot of market for a second hand GT3 up here in the north where the driving season is 7 months (if itīs a year with a short winter) and you have a "collateral of +100K to the government for having two sets of metal to attached to the car

Going to call the salesguy on Monday and go through the callback problems and what would be realistic regarding the delivery. Not that worried, itīs a new car from a respectable manufacturer, they will take care of it one way or the other.

matias
Old 02-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Matias. I visited Helsinki on business a few times in the late 90s and remember asking the locals about the car tax system then. I believe Denmark, Sweden etc are also similar so you are not alone!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:25 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macca
Matias. I visited Helsinki on business a few times in the late 90s and remember asking the locals about the car tax system then. I believe Denmark, Sweden etc are also similar so you are not alone!
Oh, late nineties the good old days Back then we had a fixed purschase tax of 29%. Now itīs 5% for zero CO2 cars and up to 50% for cars above 300g of CO2 or something like that. Sweden, as a country who has their own automobile industry has 0% purchase tax for cars but in Norway and Denmark there is the same kind of system as we have.

Quick Reply: Ordered my GT3 yesterday, delivery in 2 weeks