Sponsored by:

Dealership Allocation Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
I agree these are correct statements so why is the dealer saying you won't be getting a GT3? His last statement states you have a future allocation coming.
Oh, he's definitely NOT saying I won't get the next allocation, I guess I just got spooked hearing the OP's experience
Old 01-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 103 Posts

Also, dealer cannot assure anyone first on the list because Porsche can subsequently mandate certain customers are entitled to get first one i.e. 918 Spyder buyers.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Sorry Op, you car is likely going to someone who agreed to pay over MSRP. I went to AG a few years ago, and the sales guy sent me a quote via in a half sentence e-mail, like he was your. wife texting you Never again (I didn't bother to answer). I endorse P1CR on Rusnack (Pasadena) - never a single issue with either myself or friends with several purchases. They will tell you if they don't have the car (as they did to me a couple of months ago, but maybe things have changed). Good luck.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:05 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Also, dealer cannot assure anyone first on the list because Porsche can subsequently mandate certain customers are entitled to get first one i.e. 918 Spyder buyers.
All orders have this risk. I assume than Porsche can take an allocation away from a dealer? Or is it just moved forward to the next (hopefully) allocation?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just for information; I have a friend who placed a GT3 order at Auto Gallery within the past 4 months. He has a locked build and a Feb 4th delivery date. I can tell you he is reluctantly buying the car from them given a propensity for such monkey business.

I would not accept such vague response. They have a fixed allocation, with proposed delivery dates, and a name on every one of them.

You should not put up with favoritism or dealer markup arbitrage.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Should I feel like an amateur for only trusting my dealer's word and the proof of deposit from my Amex card? I haven't receive any paperwork, anyone else?
For the RS which isn't even announced, I got a form with my information, what the deposit was for (the 991 GT3 RS), amount of deposit, date, check#, photocopy of the check, and signed/dated by the dealership's manager. That's even without the car being announced yet. For the regular GT3, I would expect even more.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:56 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

Get your money back and move on. They'll be plenty GT3s in a year or more.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 PM
JimSand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thejudge
Hello all,

Been on Rennlist for the last year non stop and this is my first post.

Last January, I purchased a 991s from The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. Wasn't the dealer I usually work with but purchased the car under the one condition that I be placed around the top of the waiting list for the GT3. The manager agreed, took my 5 thousand dollar deposit and off I went.

About seven months ago, they asked for my build, and told me I was first. Following up, a few months later, they gave me the entire production delay shpeel and I believed it because of everyone else experiencing the same thing.

After telling me, two months ago, that my build is locked, the dealer informed me yesterday that I don't have an allocation and he has no intention of getting me a GT3!!

I immediately emailed PCNA, but was hoping someone here can recommend the proper course of action in this case. Thank you so much in advance.
Why do we have such greedy and untruthful dealers in LA?

When I walked into The Auto Gallery they saw this young kid walk into their dealership and the General Manager was too busy to make time to take my $5,000 deposit and give me something in writing so my wife and I walked out and thought we had made a better choice by going with our current dealership

I would definitely push back until you get the allocation they promised you at the time you purchase your 991. Good luck Judge!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,845 Likes on 2,394 Posts

Should I feel like an amateur for only trusting my dealer's word and the proof of deposit from my Amex card? I haven't receive any paperwork, anyone else?
not amateur but you are an idiot. trust no one.
i barely trust my own mother and wife. why should i trust sales ppl?
sometimes i dont even trust myself.

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
here is the response from my dealership..I told them about the experience with a few of you guys here on RL.

Hey Kevin
Good to hear from you, Rennlist is technically right and also technically wrong, there are two types of allocation, a commission number is issued when we have an allocation actually hit our system in whats called "V200" status which means we can go in and change options on a car, build it and have a dealer delivery date.
Your allocation is in our system as a "future allocation" which means we know we have it, we have an approx timeframe when we'll see the car and its our next GT3 allocation but it has to move from that status into the other status before I can see a commission number etc.

Should I be paranoid?

KFM
yes, you should.
i dont like these technical jargon. you either sell me a car or you dont. there's is NOTHING complex or technical about it. ask him do you have a car or not. it's an YES or NO answer, if answer involves more than one word, he's full of it.

i do multi miillion dollar projects with must my verbal agreement. i know what i said and what i did not say. i have myself to answer to. the answer you got from your sales is way too complex. anythning that cannot be answered with YES or NO, i am not interested. this is how my kids are taught. why is is so fkg difficult for adults?

oh, why i dont trust dealers. espeically the one on my signature line........
i feel my blood boiling again....
need to take cold shower. later.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:55 AM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an allocation; build sheet, receipt and agreement I signed were all given to me the same day I made my deposit.

Even the master card receipt with "gt3 deposit" written on it, and they promised it'll be PTS! I doubt they'll deliver that but the rest is in writing.

I'd be leary of having less.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

These are all the reasons it's easier to get the new z06 then beg some dealer.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:13 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
These are all the reasons it's easier to get the new z06 then beg some dealer.
Let's see how easy it will be to get the new z06, especially if it starts < $85k. Regardless, both cars will be much easier to get about a year after first deliveries have been made. Plus the beta-testers would have uncovered major issues. Delayed gratification and low time preference, FTW.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^Agreed. Chevy dealers were trying to gouge up to $25k above sticker for early C7 Z51's...I would imagine the same type of practice with early Z06's.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

to the OP...

I assumed you already have figured out putting that deposit on AMEX was your best move they WILL refund that to your acct if you dispute. Doesnt solve the problem of getting you a car, and your story im sure has made a few of us wonder about our own cars. I called my dealer when i read this.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
^^Agreed. Chevy dealers were trying to gouge up to $25k above sticker for early C7 Z51's...I would imagine the same type of practice with early Z06's.
IMO, there is no such thing as gouging. If there's demand for your product at price X, then by all means sell it at X. No one is twisting anyone's arm to pay $25k above sticker, or any price, for that matter. Those buyers obviously prefer having the car to holding MSRP+$25k in their pockets -- they are buying it voluntarily.

EDIT: Just to eliminate any misunderstandings. The above doesn't in any way justify the behavior of the OP's dealer. Breaking a deal/contract is despicable and should negatively affect that dealer's reputation.

Quick Reply: Dealership Allocation Nightmare