Sponsored by:

Urgently Seeking Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:31 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Urgently Seeking Allocation

If anyone knows of any available allocations, please let me know. I've got the opportunity to work on a project this summer that will have me in Germany for 4 months. I want to get an order in for a European Delivery, so I can drive the car on the Autobahn while I'm there this summer. BUT I can't find any dealers that can sell me a car.

Any leads, ideas, or ideally ALLOCATIONS would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wishing you luck with your search. But I think you'll only get to use your car in Germany for less than 2 weeks before it has to be exported to the US.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
I've got the opportunity to work on a project this summer that will have me in Germany for 4 months. I want to get an order in for a European Delivery, so I can drive the car on the Autobahn while I'm there this summer. BUT I can't find any dealers that can sell me a car.
I was in a very similar situation in early 2001 when the E46 M3 debuted. I was able to find somebody with an allocation by doing exactly as you are, but more importantly his dealer was willing to switch our names on that allocation. Cost me a bit of money to make it happen, but the ED experience was well worth it!

At least with BMW, European insurance and registration could be extended for a fee.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by green
Wishing you luck with your search. But I think you'll only get to use your car in Germany for less than 2 weeks before it has to be exported to the US.
There might be a way to extend that a bit, but I think the included insurance only lasts a couple weeks (the balance would be the responsibility of the owner).
Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

I have checked -- you can extend the insurance/registration out to 6 months maximum. Easily enough time to accommodate my needs. I will do it for 90 days, which will cost roughly 3,500 Euro. But well worth it. Now, if I can only find an allocation... I called Porsche North America today and explained my plight. They are escalating it, to see what can be done. Wish me luck.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
frayed
Race Car

One of the complicating issues that came up in another thread, getting an allocation now tends to involve a premium. However, some have reported that this causes a problem for ED b/c PAG disallows markups. I suppose this can be solved with a stack of unmarked bills delivered directly to the dealer prior to picking up your ED. Also, ED costs the dealer 3k or somesuch so they may not be as supportive for ED if you are an out of town, non-repeat buyer.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frayed
One of the complicating issues that came up in another thread, getting an allocation now tends to involve a premium. However, some have reported that this causes a problem for ED b/c PAG disallows markups. I suppose this can be solved with a stack of unmarked bills delivered directly to the dealer prior to picking up your ED. Also, ED costs the dealer 3k or somesuch so they may not be as supportive for ED if you are an out of town, non-repeat buyer.
Indeed. I'm offering to cover this for any dealer willing to participate...
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
prestonr2010
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Try McKenna, I think they have an April slot available, at a cost.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

Obviously having went through it, I know Hennessy has one, its already all spec'd out though. There is a car in Chicago but its already here in the states, its a base base build..

Both are asking 20K above MSRP.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by green
incorrect, you can insure and use your ED in europe for up to 6 months before you are required to export it. Once you have established the ED order you can inform your rep that you want coverage for that time period.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

I have checked -- you can extend the insurance/registration out to 6 months maximum. Easily enough time to accommodate my needs. I will do it for 90 days, which will cost roughly 3,500 Euro. But well worth it. Now, if I can only find an allocation... I called Porsche North America today and explained my plight. They are escalating it, to see what can be done. Wish me luck.
good luck!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

I just sent an email to every single Porsche dealer in the US. That's how bad I want this car. (Yes, there are 189 of them.) If that doesn't work, well, then at least I'll know that I tried.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:47 PM
green
Pro

Good luck! Hopefully someone at pcna will pull some levers for you. It worked for me.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

There are supposedly only 28 cars being delivered prior to June 30th. They supposedly don't have allocations or can't see any dates past that at this point.

Tomorrow when I'm back at work I'll email you the list I got

Jeff
Old 01-08-2014, 10:56 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
There are supposedly only 28 cars being delivered prior to June 30th. They supposedly don't have allocations or can't see any dates past that at this point.

Tomorrow when I'm back at work I'll email you the list I got

Jeff
Not sure I follow - do you mean 28 GT3's total in the US prior to June 30th?

Quick Reply: Urgently Seeking Allocation