Sponsored by:

trim

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by tmg57
Brumos, in Jacksonville, FL. Best Porsche dealer in the U.S.
Congrats! Nice port city.

Must be incredible to get one of the first three GT3s in the country. I'm more than a little jealous.....

Please post a ridiculous amount of interior/exterior pics once you they give you the keys.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I could see it on the configurator. Part of the labeled cost is specifically for the "steering wheel stitching", so even with leather wheel, you get deviating red stitching on the wheel
I was wondering ab the leather steering column, not the steering wheel.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I was wondering ab the leather steering column, not the steering wheel.
The leather steering column option is code XNS and is $465 according to my build sheet. On the 3D configurator it shows up with red stitching on my build. Nice add on if that is your thing.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:35 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's a pic of mine that rolled off the truck tonight. Not cleaned up yet, but you get the idea. Anthracite looks great to me.
very nice, thank you!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know for sure if the "brushed aluminum trim" is truly a solid piece of aluminum, or just plastic made to look like aluminum?

In metalworking shops, the term "brushed" (insert any metal element here) aluminum refers to a metal whos surface has been 'scratched' or 'sanded' to a desired asthetic.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a pic of mine that rolled off the truck tonight. Not cleaned up yet, but you get the idea. Anthracite looks great to me.
That's looks Mil Spec good, has the appearance and color of titanium. Aluminum trim stands out too much in a black cockpit, you see it everywhere now too.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus
Anyone know for sure if the "brushed aluminum trim" is truly a solid piece of aluminum, or just plastic made to look like aluminum?

In metalworking shops, the term "brushed" (insert any metal element here) aluminum refers to a metal whos surface has been 'scratched' or 'sanded' to a desired asthetic.
In one of his posts, Macca seemed convinced it was genuinely aluminum. (Maybe he can chime in here again). Also, with regard to the replacement gas cap, Porsche refers to it as being "aluminum look" which is an indication that if the trim weren't really aluminum they would fudge the description somehow. Not definitive stuff but an indicator. Sadly, I don't have a car yet so I can't really give an educated guess....
Old 12-20-2013, 08:30 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
In one of his posts, Macca seemed convinced it was genuinely aluminum. (Maybe he can chime in here again). Also, with regard to the replacement gas cap, Porsche refers to it as being "aluminum look" which is an indication that if the trim weren't really aluminum they would fudge the description somehow. Not definitive stuff but an indicator. Sadly, I don't have a car yet so I can't really give an educated guess....
http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/..._Gas_Cap_.html

These guys make a true aluminum CNC cap, but only advertise it as fitting up through 997.2. Anyone know if it would also fit the 991?

Ryan
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

With all respect to those who like or ordered anthracite, doesn't the standard aluminum tr match up better with the gearbox which Is also aluminum color? Why introduce another shade of metal color?
Looking at the real life car if appears the 3D configurator was right and the description was wrong. The description says Finished in Brushed Aluminum, Anthracite
- PDK gear selector
- Dashboard trim strip incl. cupholder trim and door panel trim
- Center console trim

Yet the PDK gear selector and the center console trim in the red car posted above remain the standard metal finishes. That makes for a strange contrast since you end up with 1 piece of standard brushed aluminum in the car on the center console, but nowhere else. That is consistent with the 3D configurator, but I don't understand why Porsche left it that way in real life.

I was thinking an option would be to specify the center console trim in leather, but with Anthracite that is not allowed. So for me, that rules out Anthracite trim.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:03 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
The leather steering column option is code XNS and is $465 according to my build sheet. On the 3D configurator it shows up with red stitching on my build. Nice add on if that is your thing.
I was incorrect. The configurator doesn't show contrasting red stitching on the leather steering column casing. I suspect it is an error and the casing will have red stitching. To be sure, I have written Porsche Exclusive for guidance and will report back what they say.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

So even if you have red stitching option and order the leather steering column, you get silver stitching or red?.. Sorry I'm not sure I get your post (but thank you for providing it)
Old 12-20-2013, 01:05 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I was incorrect. The configurator doesn't show contrasting red stitching on the leather steering column casing. I suspect it is an error and the casing will have red stitching. To be sure, I have written Porsche Exclusive for guidance and will report back what they say.
I'm sure I saw a hint of red stitching on the 3d steering column. There is also red stitching on the leather seat backs, which I ordered.

I will soon find out....my car is supposed to be at my dealer on 1-3-14.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:28 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

So even if you have red stitching option and order the leather steering column, you get silver stitching or red?.. Sorry I'm not sure I get your post (but thank you for providing it)
Let me clarify. I ordered option XNS which is the steering column casing in leather and I also ordered option 749 which is the red stitching for the leather interior. On the 3D configurator it looks like the stitching on the leather steering column is black and neither red nor silver. In other words, it appears that the XNS option doesn't include deviating stitching.

It is possible on the other 991 models to specify option 90027- deviating stitching for option XNS.

I am guessing that the 3D is wrong and that in reality, the steering column will be stitched in a contrasting thread color ( red or silver as you choose). I have asked my dealer and Porsche Exclusive to be sure.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:32 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mtuttle
I'm sure I saw a hint of red stitching on the 3d steering column. There is also red stitching on the leather seat backs, which I ordered.

I will soon find out....my car is supposed to be at my dealer on 1-3-14.
That will be very helpful- please post a picture of your leather steering column when you get the car. By the way, I believe we have the same dealer there in Rockford and you and I swapped spots since I am hoping for sport buckets ( now seems highly unlikely).
Old 12-20-2013, 01:32 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with Carbon and full leather red stitching...........hope I don't go blind!

Quick Reply: trim