Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoCar Published Article - Just Released

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

TomTom77. I'm very jealous. Id love to own a 458 'scuderia'! The 991 GT3 will just have to do for me Im afraid. One thing we do have is nice roads to drive here I guess (consolation). You girls are clearly prettier than ours as IIRC your Porsche prices are very reasonable indeed LOL!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,544 Likes on 2,584 Posts

Another glowing review. I think it's safe to say the car doesn't suck!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting.

The reviewer was pretty convinced that the new metal is fantastic. But looking through all the glowing adjectives, the thing that I wanted to hear was about the 'emotional connection'. While it sounds corny to use words like that in describing a car, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I am concerned that the new car w/o a manual, would be boring to drive on the street.

Looks like we have vote for it being pretty badass despite no manual.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
TomTom77. I'm very jealous. Id love to own a 458 'scuderia'! The 991 GT3 will just have to do for me Im afraid. One thing we do have is nice roads to drive here I guess (consolation). You girls are clearly prettier than ours as IIRC your Porsche prices are very reasonable indeed LOL!
True! Not US cheaper, but not stupidly expensive nonetheless.

I don't see myself keep both on the long run, though. In a way, they are similar machines (both high-revving, RWD, flappy pedaled, lightened version sport cars) and I know for sure that when I'm going for a spirited drive in the winding mountain roads on a Saturday morning, I'll end up picking one car disproportionally more than the other... which means the other one will go. And the 1M will keep my manual skills honest!

Just which one will stay, I don't know yet... First World Problem, I reckon!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77

I don't see myself keep both on the long run, though. In a way, they are similar machines (both high-revving, RWD, flappy pedaled, lightened version sport cars) and I know for sure that when I'm going for a spirited drive in the winding mountain roads on a Saturday morning, I'll end up picking one car disproportionally more than the other... which means the other one will go. And the 1M will keep my manual skills honest!

Congrats on both cars I Hope you write a comparison of the 2 once you've had them for abit

Old 07-06-2013, 05:08 AM
1198r
Pro

Originally Posted by TomTom77

Hey Tom Tom, we can always do a swap for the day if you wanna drive the last of manual GT3 RS's
Old 07-06-2013, 05:54 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1198r
Hey Tom Tom, we can always do a swap for the day if you wanna drive the last of manual GT3 RS's
Sure, let's make that happen!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM
claudiumxg
3rd Gear

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/v...911-gt3-driven
Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Dan39
Racer

That's some really impressive driving there on wet roads with the TC/ESP switched off... For anyone saying Steve doesn't know what he's takling about, well, he sure knows how to drive!

3:40
4:07 etc

Quick Reply: AutoCar Published Article - Just Released