Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocation of FAL and Hazard buttons.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 02:03 AM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Relocation of FAL and Hazard buttons.

I accidentally hit the Hazard blinkers from time to time in my manual GT3 as I'm used to rest my wrist right behind the shifter, but in the PDK cars, I never rest my wrist there so I have no issue w/ the Hazard switch. I also need to look down most of the time to hit the FAL button, so I'm thinking maybe I can get the switches where the sunroof buttons of a non-GT car and use the sunroof lever to pull up to raise the FAL and push down to lower it, then move the Hazard button to the middle position as shown below. Has anyone done this mod?

Old 04-23-2019, 02:14 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

If I remember correctly, you need a new circuit board under the buttons. It is a fixed and a complete one board for all buttons.
I think you can see there are different part numbers based on the button configuration you have.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:24 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

The switch panel is a CAN bus keyboard. Each key position has a different code that gets sent. I don't know if a PIWIS can reprogram the key positions or not. I would expect it can. In the older cars, you could just move the wiring around.

Quick Reply: Relocation of FAL and Hazard buttons.