Sponsored by:

Apps not working?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Vaughan143
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apps not working?

Iphone - when in the car and trying to use the MyQ garage door app, Motu and/or Park Mobile parking apps, and Alarm.com app, none work. I have to shut car off, remove key, and open/close the car door. I've never had this issue in any other car ('14, '15, '16, '17 Porsches). The dealer had not heard the complaint before, and I can't find any similar complaints online. I had the Porsche Connect app on the phone and thought it could've been interfering somehow, but deleting it didn't fix (by the way, what's that app good for?!). All of these apps work fine as usual in my other cars.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:03 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaughan143
Iphone - when in the car and trying to use the MyQ garage door app, Motu and/or Park Mobile parking apps, and Alarm.com app, none work. I have to shut car off, remove key, and open/close the car door. I've never had this issue in any other car ('14, '15, '16, '17 Porsches). The dealer had not heard the complaint before, and I can't find any similar complaints online. I had the Porsche Connect app on the phone and thought it could've been interfering somehow, but deleting it didn't fix (by the way, what's that app good for?!). All of these apps work fine as usual in my other cars.
Did you try to turn off wifi on the phone and use the apps with cellular data?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:46 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaughan143
did you join your phone to the SSID for WiFi? If so you need to put a data plan on the PCM if you want to use the hot spot. If there’s no data plan the WiFi is a dead end with no access to the internet. You can always open a web page to test.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Vaughan143
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Did you try to turn off wifi on the phone and use the apps with cellular data?
Sounds like good idea! Will try that tomorrow. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Apps not working?