Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Nick Murray Lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 10:11 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

This guy should just stick to BMWs they seem to be more his style and clearly agree with him. Clearly him and Porsche weren’t meant to be, he should depart and let the rest of us enjoy our unsullied 991s in peace! One defective car is understandable but two? Now that’s more than a coincidence!
Old 02-25-2019, 11:44 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I personally have been pretty happy with Porsche as a brand. I'm not a fanboy but I do not bash the brand for no reason either. They are great cars but they are not perfect : all manufacturers have their problems.
But I have my right to not believe a word from what JD Power is selling!
Nick's just unlucky I guess...and always you will hear the negatives about a brand first,because it's in the human nature to bring the negatives out before the positives.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:36 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm actually pretty impressed with how well you guys handled the JD Power results I posted. Showing the grouches on Rennlist the JD Power rankings was about as daring as inviting Archie Bunker to a diversity lecture at Berkeley. Since everyone handled it so well, here is another ranking that Porsche is particularly proud of: the sales/buying experience. Porsche is -- you guessed it -- NUMBER 1 among all luxury brands. See the chart midway down this link.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...ndex-ssi-study

Before you cry foul because you're a cantankerous grouch, this also matches the recent, anonymous poll on Rennlist where RL readers were asked about their GT buying experience. The overwhelming majority of you voted it was the best car-buying experience you ever had. It's amazing how the thread quickly died after the results were clear -- almost as if the most prevalent posters on RL didn't have any interest in those results, even though they talk about all the negativity and "stealerships" all day long. I had thought the positive results would lead to some discussion since the negative experiences are some of the most popular threads around here. All I know is that it's good to see that most Porsche buyers are having the experience they deserve.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...xperience.html
Old 02-25-2019, 12:41 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
This also matches the recent, anonymous poll on Rennlist where RL readers were asked about their GT buying experience. The overwhelming majority of you voted it was the best car-buying experience you ever had. It's amazing how the thread quickly died after the results were clear -- almost as if the most prevalent posters on RL didn't have any interest in it.
I wonder if the results of this poll could be somewhat skewed, if they only include "buyers" of a GT car. If it included the many other attempted buyers (who were unable to obtain the car of their choice either because of excessive premiums added on top of the MSRP, preference being given to other buyers, too few cars available at their local dealer, or some other reason that prevented them from obtaining a car for which they were prepared to pay) it might have produced different results...
Old 02-25-2019, 12:42 PM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

The more complicated a car, the more points of failure can be had. That's why the perks like RWS, FAL, power clutch, powered spoilers, etc. have their faults later.
Something to be said about keeping it simple. Or a stripper.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:30 PM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I wonder if the results of this poll could be somewhat skewed, if they only include "buyers" of a GT car. If it included the many other attempted buyers (who were unable to obtain the car of their choice either because of excessive premiums added on top of the MSRP, preference being given to other buyers, too few cars available at their local dealer, or some other reason that prevented them from obtaining a car for which they were prepared to pay) it might have produced different results...
Agree 100%... While I voted for the positive experience, my 3 local dealers that I tried to buy GT cars from provided a less than positive buying experience, or shall I say, no buying experience at all since they didn't allocate me a car even though I've bought multiple lesser Porsches from them. But I ended up getting my car from CJ & Porsche Fresno which provided a great experience and hence why I voted for the great experience.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:04 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

what's with what appears to be blow and a rolled up c-note at the end???
Old 04-11-2019, 09:38 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Porsche wiped their hands clean :

Old 04-14-2019, 02:35 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,480 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Don't spec cars with rear wipers, problems solved. Had many Porsche problems, but never a problem with the 991 (owned 7) - never spec'd a rear wiper...
Rear wiper on a 911 - one of the most useless options ever!! Had this on my GTS. Entirely useless. Only adds weight.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:37 PM
chance6
Race Car

This is entirely goofy. I've never seen these cars have such electrical gremlins. Is this guy driving his car through feet high levels of water or what??

I've owned 8 Porsches now and all have been basically bulletproof.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:46 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Akunob
This guy should just stick to BMWs they seem to be more his style and clearly agree with him. Clearly him and Porsche weren’t meant to be, he should depart and let the rest of us enjoy our unsullied 991s in peace! One defective car is understandable but two? Now that’s more than a coincidence!
Is the dog gnawing on the wire harnesses??
Old 04-14-2019, 02:48 PM
chance6
Race Car

Or...mice - or other animals chewing on wiring.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:33 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Porsche Munchausen
Old 04-14-2019, 08:25 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Porsche Munchausen
Old 04-14-2019, 11:17 PM
Berjar
Racer

Received 355 Likes on 139 Posts

I put an electronic rat repeller next to my car. Hopefully pr-empts any rat chewing wires??

Quick Reply: Another Nick Murray Lemon?