Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ample availability of .2 RS cars at MSRP... a myth!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:16 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Bottom line is there cars out there if you are at the right place and right i me i guess.
But I’m a man of principle..but at the end for the very first time i paid over.,...and tried to get msrp and was promised msrp.
But i guess I’m the unlucky one.In the end i was tired of all. Bs from dealers.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:18 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku

What’s the false assertion? The only one I’m stating is that there aren’t many .2 RS’s available at... wait for it.... still wait for it...
MSRP! ONLY MSRP. If that’s what you’re agreeing with... we concur.
I believe he is referring to your statement "There has been much banter about tons of .2 RS cars available at MSRP?"
One could argue this is the false assertion.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:37 PM
RADONCulous
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 67 Posts

Apart from this banter I've always found it interesting that people "develop a relationship with a dealer" and then buy the next car "at MSRP" or "discount" but get absolutely poached on the cars they are continually trading in...its like perpetually paying an ADM...
Old 02-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
There has been no banter saying tons of .2 RSs are available at MSRP.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:49 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

I get the OP's point. RL would have you believe it's easy to get GT cars w/o an ADM. It's not. I'm a buyer (see my sig.) and it's a fight to get these cars. Just is. As much as RL wants us to will away the ADM it's the current reality.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Some people paid msrp. (The banter being referenced). Some paid adm (OP most likely if he has .2 3rs). I paid a hefty adm on my .1 3rs and no adm on my .2 3rs. So cars are out there at msrp for certain people and for some people not. I would have paid if need be an adm (10-25k for configurable slot)for the .2 3rs but it surely would have not been to “my” dealership.

Some questions

is op upset about an adm he has to pay to get a car?

Did he get one at msrp and is upset other people are claiming they have as well?

does he not have a .2 3rs due to Adm?

i don’t understand what conclusion op is looking for from this thread for op to be content

Old 02-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
Some people paid msrp. (The banter being referenced). Some paid adm (OP most likely if he has .2 3rs). I paid a hefty adm on my .1 3rs and no adm on my .2 3rs. So cars are out there at msrp for certain people and for some people not. I would have paid if need be an adm (10-25k for configurable slot)for the .2 3rs but it surely would have not been to “my” dealership.

Some questions

is op upset about an adm he has to pay to get a car?

Did he get one at msrp and is upset other people are claiming they have as well?

does he not have a .2 3rs due to Adm?

i don’t understand what conclusion op is looking for from this thread for op to be content
lol yeah i'm not sure i get the purpose of this thread. i figured op paid high ADM and was looking to feel better but idk
Old 02-21-2019, 08:11 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 78 Posts

too many brokers, broker-wannabes, realestate brokers, Instagram PTS experts, internet kids out there that want a piece of it other than dealers.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:11 PM
carnut52
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with OP. I had been looking for a 2RS for quite awhile. I was a serious buyer depending on the car. I never came close to MSRP from any seller. I was offered cars from $125-175k over MSRP including the dealer that I bought a new 2017 TTS, 2018 GT3 and 2019 GT3RS from. The availabiliy from my dealer was zero cars.(Beachwood Porsche). I love cars but wasn't going to pay that high an ADM. I did find a flip in Conn through a local connection that was 2 weeks old right after Christmas. The car MSRP was $342K with full body wrap. I bought it for $415k delivered to Michigan with the plastic still on the interior. I could live with that ADM and today it was 40 degrees outside. I took the car out and had a ball in it. It's like nothing else I've owned. This was the first time I drove it but I even enjoyed just looking at it in my garage. At first I put a car cover on it but took that off after a couple of days just so that I could stare at it. The cars that have sold on RL lately have all been in the 450-450 range if they have the WP with Mg wheels. Sometimes you just have to jump in and just do it or you'll wait forever looking for a bargain. The bargain cars just aren't that desirable and I looked at all of them I could find listed. They are usually non-WP, radio delete, sofa seats, or without Mg wheels. I did make about $15K over the MSRP on my GT3RS so I figure I got the perfect 2RS for me about $50K ADM. I feel like I hit the lotto and have the car I want and enjoying it now. Thats worth more to me than seeing a few extra 00's on an investment statement. "Life is short and there's no fun in the box".
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

There's been much banter, usually by non RS owners, about tons of .2 RS's available at MSRP. Where are they? I can't find any.
We have a list of Smokies who would snap them up.

p.s. lets not make this a debate about MSRP vs ADM (low or high it doesn't matter adm is adm).
The myth is ‘much banter’ from the unwashed, can’t run with the Smokies big boys, non-RS owners re ‘tons’ of .2 RS available at MSRP....

Old 02-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
I get the OP's point. RL would have you believe it's easy to get GT cars w/o an ADM. It's not. I'm a buyer (see my sig.) and it's a fight to get these cars. Just is. As much as RL wants us to will away the ADM it's the current reality.
You get it.

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
Some questions

1. is op upset about an adm he has to pay to get a car?

2. Did he get one at msrp and is upset other people are claiming they have as well?

3. does he not have a .2 3rs due to Adm?

4. i don’t understand what conclusion op is looking for from this thread for op to be content
I've numbered your questions and assumptions.
Thanks for taking the time to comment but I feel you should have started with number 4.

4. Firstly, anyone looking for contentment on this platform needs to explore other avenues to nirvana. Secondly, your inability to understand the issue relates directly to your incorrect assumptions which more often than not are veiled as questions. I'll try to respond in the reverse numbered order.

3. Yes to .2 RS and its wonderful. NO to your assumption about me paying ADM... I never have, but have absolutely no issue with anyone paying it. I have an issue with dealers charging it on new cars... BUT ADM is not the issue or point to my post. The issue is quite simple, tstafford has put it succinctly and probably better than I did.

2. Yeah I'm really upset at others getting the car at MSRP... what a moronic question/assumption! I don't consider myself a GOLDEN BOY and unique. I and the group I'm involved with actively pass on MSRP allocations that we're offered to our members.

1. Read my response to #3...

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
lol yeah i'm not sure i get the purpose of this thread. i figured op paid high ADM and was looking to feel better but idk
Point yourself over to my response to Golden Boy. Man I feel odd about typing that handle...

Old 02-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I just paid for my custom spec’d 3RS today (with adm) and I’m a tough customer, I love negotiating. Unless you spend millions at your local dealer per year and have for decades it’s Very very unlikely you’ll get a new specable allocation at msrp. Certainly in Southern California. If you get lucky and someone backed out of their deal, and it’s an undesirable spec, and aging on the lot maybe then you’ll get close to msrp.
as for myself I couldn’t be happier. I was able to custom order my car with exactly every option i wanted and not one I didn’t. That alone made the ADM worth it.

I also agree with both quotes below.
Originally Posted by grendel88
Delayed gratification. YOLO. Dollar saved is dollar earned. This is all a personal decision. In the end, we all have to balance the $$$ vs pleasure ratio for ourselves.
Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I will say most people that sit around and wait for the best price on something do a lot of sitting and waiting....instead of driving....always has been and always will be....not saying people should overpay but the price is long forgotten after the miles rack up.....

Last edited by Dot23RS; 02-21-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:20 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 103 Posts

I passed on 2 gt3rs cars at msrp....one was greAt spec. Other was good except sofas. They did sell within 24
hours. No relationship w dealers.

btw. I did pass it along to two others and responded to several personal message, I believe if there’s a deal pass along the info

Last edited by osu s2k; 02-22-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:27 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,796 Likes on 4,779 Posts

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Even less so on Rennlist.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

There's been much banter, usually by non RS owners, about tons of .2 RS's available at MSRP. Where are they? I can't find any.
We have a list of Smokies who would snap them up.

p.s. lets not make this a debate about MSRP vs ADM (low or high it doesn't matter adm is adm).
pm me with ur email

Quick Reply: Ample availability of .2 RS cars at MSRP... a myth!