Old 01-19-2019, 02:38 AM
Thinker23
User

Think he meant GT3RS. Great update.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:35 AM
GT3 KSA
Addict
Rennlist Member

He never liked the .1 RS. I remember in the MT video he said he preferred the .1 GT3 over the .1 RS
Old 01-19-2019, 03:35 AM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

Give me a 6MT in an RS
Old 01-19-2019, 07:12 AM
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member

I spoke to Randy yesterday here at Sebring for maybe 10 minutes as he was under the Autoquest tent coaching a driver.
He remembers the .1RS as twitchy and I disagree.

Then I took a lizard .2 RS on track yest day.
The new one was setup differently and the front end had big grip, bound up even, making the car... twitchy, slow and hard to drive.

So, it’s all in the setup. It will, again take testing to sort out all the setup options, and then again with different spring rates and wheel sizes...
Between the sway bars, downforce, rake, camber and toe the adjustments are massive. That’s before modifications.

i will say that the .2RS pull like a freight train, I expected just hype because 4.0 is 4.0, but I was wrong, the throttle and/or engine is so much punchier and torque is up more then the numbers suggest. I’d almost want a more adjustable throttle input, but I’m sure it’s fine when I recalibrate.

More testing today :-)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:18 AM
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
I spoke to Randy yesterday here at Sebring for maybe 10 minutes as he was under the Autoquest tent coaching a driver.
He remembers the .1RS as twitchy and I disagree.

Then I took a lizard .2 RS on track yest day.
The new one was setup differently and the front end had big grip, bound up even, making the car... twitchy, slow and hard to drive.

So, itís all in the setup. It will, again take testing to sort out all the setup options, and then again with different spring rates and wheel sizes...
Between the sway bars, downforce, rake, camber and toe the adjustments are massive. Thatís before modifications.

i will say that the .2RS pull like a freight train, I expected just hype because 4.0 is 4.0, but I was wrong, the throttle and/or engine is so much punchier and torque is up more then the numbers suggest. Iíd almost want a more adjustable throttle input, but Iím sure itís fine when I recalibrate.

More testing today :-)
But what about the PDK? Did you find it a snappier with more audible ďfuchsĒ (Catchpoleís description not mine but starting to use it a lot since itís fun for obvious reason). What about steering?
Old 01-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member

The above statement by Pobst also clears up the fact his prior statements were directed at the .1RS.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, shifts by PDK faster snappier and the clutch is better at parking lot speeds.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:12 AM
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member

i will say that the .2RS pull like a freight train, I expected just hype because 4.0 is 4.0, but I was wrong, the throttle and/or engine is so much punchier and torque is up more then the numbers suggest. Iíd almost want a more adjustable throttle input, but Iím sure itís fine when I recalibrate.
Told you. I'll be down there next Sunday with Chin.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:20 AM
tstafford
Addict
Rennlist Member

So, itís all in the setup.
This.

And it's true of all track cars. It takes subtle adjustments made incrementally with more testing in-between. Adjust, run, discuss, adjust again. Rinse/repeat until the driver is happy. The range of behavior on my Radical is amazing - when improperly adjusted it behaves terribly.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:38 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

As a prior owner of .1 GT3 and .1 GT3RS I would agree with Peter that the handling of both cars were excellent
when set up properly. Any Tracked Car can feel "twitchy" or display understeer or oversteer with a bad set-up.
And I also noticed the unexpectedly large increase in low to mid-range Torque on the newest .2 Engines.
Very few new cars come from the factory set-up optimized for track use.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:19 PM
911therapy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo View Post
As a prior owner of .1 GT3 and .1 GT3RS I would agree with Peter that the handling of both cars were excellent
when set up properly. Any Tracked Car can feel "twitchy" or display understeer or oversteer with a bad set-up.
And I also noticed the unexpectedly large increase in low to mid-range Torque on the newest .2 Engines.
Very few new cars come from the factory set-up optimized for track use.
Agree, and randy acknowledges as much too., He says in "stock form".......doesnt mean much to me if someone says it has poor handling from the factory, so long as the car has adjustable sway bars, suspension and ability to adjust alignment/camber/toe etc....Thats the key to a good car, is the ability to adjust to make it suitable not only for the track but also the driver....
Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 AM
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not even trying in someone else’s car with only a 3point seat belt I turned 2:15’s in a .2RS.
i thought I was turning 2:18’s!!

all in all I think the torque and downforce are good for .5-1sec a lap once we get it setup.
Found some improvements yesterday!

my car with mods is a 2:12x at Sebring, the new one TBD!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:25 PM
A/S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not even trying in someone elseís car with only a 3point seat belt I turned 2:15ís in a .2RS.
i thought I was turning 2:18ís!!

all in all I think the torque and downforce are good for .5-1sec a lap once we get it setup.
Found some improvements yesterday!

my car with mods is a 2:12x at Sebring, the new one TBD!

was the car on mpsc2 or dunlop stock tires?

2:15 is about 2 secs faster than a well setup 991.1 GT3 RS on mpsc2 at Sebring.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: