Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 08:16 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Occam's Razor - They have another buyer at a higher price. Probably a local. And they think they can use your unusual residency as a context to legitimize this BS behavior.

Totally sucks.
+1 Mooty is spot on about how people who want to get around export restrictions go about it and the OP doesn’t fit the bill. Also a little effort by the dealer, if they were acting in good faith, would have revealed not a snowball’s chance in hell of getting the car into Singapore. I live in South Florida and “export” takes on all kinds of means and ways here and not just for cars.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:35 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
OP, I can empathize that this isn't easy and probably frustrating, but a few thoughts.

In your first post you said you were a bit taken back that since the delivery is being rerouted to Nashua from PEC Atlanta (physical delivery of the car), and they (Al the GM at Nashua) are now "demanding" payment be made within 48hrs? Isn't there a line item above the excerpt you posted in the contract that states payment must be made within 48hrs or you surrender your deposit for damages?

Secondly, you are now using a NH residency to purchase as well as taking delivery in the state of NH (and it appears financing the car by the contract you posted). One of your other complaints is them demanding that the car have hard plates and be registered with NH DMV, I suspect with a finance contract the dealership is required by law to do an instate registration and you are not allowed to take the car without that happening unless you buy it outright in cash. Add in the export component to this and you can see where some of the doubt begins to be raised if these assumptions are true.

Not trying to play devils advocate but a few of these items are not unreasonable as they a dealership and do have certain laws that need to be followed, and it sounds like there is some reason to place doubt on some of the issues you posted about initially.

In the end, I hope it all works out for you and you get your car in the end in all sincerity
Appreciate your comments and absolutely want to be transparent. Here is the box your referring too. Not until this all went sideways did I look at the contract and your right there is a 48 hour window, which I didn't sign, I can't say that is was foresight but for whatever reason when I signed originally never in a million years did I think I was going to be asked to go through that whole circus in a 48 hour window. When your spending close to 200k on a car you think that the delivery is going to be the best part. That being said we never even got there because they told me the deal was over before the car arrived. Your counter point about financing is interesting, again I had told them I was paying cash when the car was being delivered to Atlanta and they never said a word. Over the course of the year I had asked about trading in a car but they told me I would best going elsewhere as they couldn't meet my ask. A few times I enquired about financing but in the end I decided cash was easiest, but at not time was the deal predicate on financing through them. Again, this was never raised as a sticking point and we never got there because obviously they didn't allow me to pay.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:03 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 153 Posts

They made this entirely personal... as others have mentioned, going for the jugular is an appropriate measure..
The power of Rennlist, should not be taken lightly and Porsche of Nashua, may not enjoy the backlash... Often times, these aren't isolated incidents and if the people start grabbing "pitchforks"... It won't end well for this dealership.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 76 Posts

We can all speculate the dealer's motivation. Probably its a petty reason ... who really cares!?!
They messed up the situation... really bad as it seems. Maybe there's bad faith ... maybe there's illegality ... maybe there's contract violation...
But its clear that there's PR issues and brand devaluation for both the dealer and Porsche... as it should when they screw up so badly.
OP did good in sharing with Rennlist... maybe he can get the attention this matter deserves... and that dealer and P rectify the situation to the OP's satisfaction.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
Here is the contract language.
Look at the back of there is a 6 months “do not export” clausole
Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 AM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 101 Posts

+1 they got another fish waiting to take a bite.
Hope this works out for OP.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:45 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

1 thing I can tell you, dealers are not independent. They’re franchisees.

You can’t wake up in the morning and start a dealership, you can’t get all the cars you want even if you have one, and there is privity between the parties.
The “they’re independent” it’s just an excuse you make you walk away from the argument.

Originally Posted by mooty
b/c PCNA cannot control dealers, dealers are independent
BUT PCNA can penalize dealers for selling to exporters, suddenly the definition of INDEPENDENT changes... perhaps it's just my Singlish not same as English...
or the def of INDEPENDENT changes based on time or based on situation.. or based on their whim?

you talked to them too?
I have, many many occasions.
"we apologize and very sorry for your..... but there is not much we can do"
"we apologize and very sorry for your delay... we have send queries to Germany but no answers yet..." THAT WAS 4 MONTHS AGO. maybe mails really slow there or electrical current move at different speed there....

anyways, I wish you luck OP and get the car you spec'd.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 AM
michaelo
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

You gave them too much information. You should have just said you live in NH. Period.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:54 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by JC Lacayo
+1 they got another fish waiting to take a bite.
Hope this works out for OP.
It would be a riot if, after checking recent prices, this “fish” walks out on the deal and dealer ends up begging OP to buy the car at MSRP.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:45 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I say it is a long shot but worth it. Lawyer up my friend and sue the living hell out of them. It is a matter of principle and not much about money. Best of luck and let us know how you would proceed moving forward with this very bad STEALERSHIP.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by farisad
i think you should sue them
Old 01-16-2019, 10:54 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

For those asking about the Vin # here it is WP0AC2A92JS177109 I still am unsure of the car has landed at the dealership. I believe the boat from Emden landed in Davisville last Friday. Perhaps some of you sleuths can decipher where it's at. Thanks
Old 01-16-2019, 12:17 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 456 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
OP, I can empathize that this isn't easy and probably frustrating, but a few thoughts.

In your first post you said you were a bit taken back that since the delivery is being rerouted to Nashua from PEC Atlanta (physical delivery of the car), and they (Al the GM at Nashua) are now "demanding" payment be made within 48hrs? Isn't there a line item above the excerpt you posted in the contract that states payment must be made within 48hrs or you surrender your deposit for damages?

Secondly, you are now using a NH residency to purchase as well as taking delivery in the state of NH (and it appears financing the car by the contract you posted). One of your other complaints is them demanding that the car have hard plates and be registered with NH DMV, I suspect with a finance contract the dealership is required by law to do an instate registration and you are not allowed to take the car without that happening unless you buy it outright in cash. Add in the export component to this and you can see where some of the doubt begins to be raised if these assumptions are true.

Not trying to play devils advocate but a few of these items are not unreasonable as they a dealership and do have certain laws that need to be followed, and it sounds like there is some reason to place doubt on some of the issues you posted about initially.

In the end, I hope it all works out for you and you get your car in the end in all sincerity
I bought a car in NH and drove it to NJ where I live. I didn't leave with a hard plate on the car. It was a temp tag until I got my NJ plates. That is the dealership thinking if the car is registered with plates someone won't export it maybe? But either way I had temp tags and didn't have any issues. Financing on that contract means nothing since you haven't given them all the money yet they won't show it as cash even if you were paying cash. These items have nothing to do with NH law.

And I didn't pay for the car within 48 hours. They had the car for about 2 1/2 weeks before I picked it up and paid for it. This was not the Nahusa dealership...

Last edited by mwar99; 01-16-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

Look at the back of there is a 6 months “do not export” clausole
Totally irrelevant unless they have evidence to support the claim that the buyer will be exporting. I’d drop some money on a lawyer today to read the contract and send a demand letter for specific performance to the dealer. If no response, I’d file a lawsuit.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:37 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
I say it is a long shot but worth it. Lawyer up my friend and sue the living hell out of them. It is a matter of principle and not much about money. Best of luck and let us know how you would proceed moving forward with this very bad STEALERSHIP.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Easy to say when it isn't your money! I would fly in and talk calmly with them and see if you can make a deal. If not, buy a used one on the market since there are a ton of them coming available. Life is too short to be in court.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:53 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 688 Likes on 371 Posts

It's none of their business what to do with your car when you own it; you have an address in NH and live in NH and have a job that takes you all over the world. Who do they think they are?
They have sold me a car and I live in MA; it would be none of their business what I do with it.
I was #1 on list for RS at a dealer in MN and they refused to sell me car because I was out of state... fine; but this is ridiculous.
It's obviously a cost-benefit decision on their part since you negotiated the $15k adm and as production winds down, they think they can do better and are trying to find an excuse.

You should get sue them and get injunction to prevent them from selling your car in the mean time.

Hope you win your car back and get it at MSRP...

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE