Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's the market at on high mile 991 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 12:21 PM
jhalliman
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Where's the market at on high mile 991 GT3?

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker/not often poster - I was scoping some 991.1 GT3 a couple years back but a very uncommon 2006 Krypton Green Exige with the track pack landed in my lap. Plan to be keeping that and adding to it with a 991.1 GT3 at some point in the next year, probably later into Spring or Summer because I'm in the Buffalo, NY region.

I've searched the hell out of this forum, Autotrader and the other car advertising sites and I'm having some difficulty locating any even semi-current market pricing or info on a 40k+ mile GT3.

I don't want to spend the premium on a garage queen because I plan to HPDE/auto-x any car I own (I'll daily drive my trucks instead). My Exige already has had holes melted in the front fender liners from tripod time on the local auto-x circuit, so again, some stories (short of salvage), some rock chips and imperfections or some mileage whether track or street does not scare me at all. I'll pay to fix stuff I break when it breaks, but I'd hate to throw the extra $30k of depreciation away paying for the 3k mile garage queen when I know it's going to see some hard work and some bad roads . Last: I specifically want the 991.1 GT3 for the extended motor warranty due to the intended use stated, plus I really want to try a PDK car as every toy I've ever owned has been a stick and I'll keep the Exige around for my lightweight heel toe fun.

Long and short: has anyone found or known of any recent transactions or rough market value on cars as described? I know some owners here have cracked the 60k mile mark but I don't see them moving their cars, so I'm not even sure I'll be locating one of these if I try to find one.

Thanks for feedback!
Old 12-31-2018, 12:30 PM
avc2014
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 32 Posts

Someone here recently posted an ad for a 2015 with 35k miles with an asking price of 115 ish
Old 12-31-2018, 12:47 PM
jhalliman
Rennlist Member

For sure - caught that one in my search. I'm finding cars as low as 110-115k or so w/ less miles when digging around national searches already - maybe with stories etc. Not sure where they're actually selling at or if they're lot rot at that price, or if that's a realistic market value.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:59 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Depends on msrp of car in question. Maybe 25% off msrp for higher mileage car, but it will also depend on the spec. Some cars are easier to sell because of how they are spec’d (color, options, etc.).
Old 12-31-2018, 01:02 PM
jhalliman
Rennlist Member

Thanks for feedback - I agree and the intangibles of options, colors and MSRP are hard to quantify and something I probably haven't adequately considered. I don't really care what options I end up with on my end but forget that that does dictate a lot of buying decision.

I guess I'm actually curious if anyone knows what these things are really selling for though, even factoring those conditionals.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:15 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by jhalliman
Thanks for feedback - I agree and the intangibles of options, colors and MSRP are hard to quantify and something I probably haven't adequately considered. I don't really care what options I end up with on my end but forget that that does dictate a lot of buying decision.

I guess I'm actually curious if anyone knows what these things are really selling for though, even factoring those conditionals.
Unfortunately, it really depends on a lot of variables. Mileage (big difference between 25,000 miles and 50,000 miles), and then you have options that you may or may not want. Ceramic or iron brakes, LWB seats, exterior color, carbon fiber bits, how much it was tracked, etc. These cars can be pretty unique and some are just seen as more desirable, but that is so personal. One guy absolutely does not want the PCCBs while the next guy won’t buy a car without them. Same for seats, lift, color, wheels, etc.

The good news is you get a nice long engine warranty (10 years or 120,000 miles), and at $115,000 to $140,000 with CPO, you would be hard pressed to find a better bargain anywhere. And...it’s a brilliant car. My advice? Target a price range for a high mileage .1 GT3 in the $120,000 range. Then focus on the ideal spec w/cpo. When you find that car get a PPI done. If everything checks out don’t look back. But make sure the spec is really what you are looking for. The best decision i made was waiting for the perfect car for me. You will drive it more and keep it longer, and be happier.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:12 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There was one in Porsche Monterey CA for a hot minute early DEC, 2015 with over 40K and listed for $109K. Gone in a week.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:09 PM
jhalliman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grendel88
There was one in Porsche Monterey CA for a hot minute early DEC, 2015 with over 40K and listed for $109K. Gone in a week.
great info - thank you! I knew of some a bit back that were around and haven’t found any recent sales, even on the beloved eBay. Wondering how much the extended engine warranty has changed the market!
Old 12-31-2018, 04:56 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 991 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

Unfortunately, it really depends on a lot of variables. Mileage (big difference between 25,000 miles and 50,000 miles), and then you have options that you may or may not want. Ceramic or iron brakes, LWB seats, exterior color, carbon fiber bits, how much it was tracked, etc. These cars can be pretty unique and some are just seen as more desirable, but that is so personal. One guy absolutely does not want the PCCBs while the next guy won’t buy a car without them. Same for seats, lift, color, wheels, etc.

The good news is you get a nice long engine warranty (10 years or 120,000 miles), and at $115,000 to $140,000 with CPO, you would be hard pressed to find a better bargain anywhere. And...it’s a brilliant car. My advice? Target a price range for a high mileage .1 GT3 in the $120,000 range. Then focus on the ideal spec w/cpo. When you find that car get a PPI done. If everything checks out don’t look back. But make sure the spec is really what you are looking for. The best decision i made was waiting for the perfect car for me. You will drive it more and keep it longer, and be happier.

Good luck!
Good advice. After following Rob's posts I came back to a 15.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by avc2014
Someone here recently posted an ad for a 2015 with 35k miles with an asking price of 115 ish
Whoa! Thats actually a pretty good price!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:43 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by grendel88
Monterey also had one a few weeks ago with 107K miles they were asking $89K for (at least that was they quoted me). I did ride in it, other then the miles it was in great condition and had been well maintained. Evidently the owner commuted between here and Colorado multiple time as year. Not sure if it sold
Old 12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
jhalliman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDCR
Monterey also had one a few weeks ago with 107K miles they were asking $89K for (at least that was they quoted me). I did ride in it, other then the miles it was in great condition and had been well maintained. Evidently the owner commuted between here and Colorado multiple time as year. Not sure if it sold
awesome information. Thank you so much! Love the mileage and I’d be a buyer at that price haha. I’ll see if I can dig up any info on it.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:37 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Good advice. After following Rob's posts I came back to a 15.

Quick Reply: Where's the market at on high mile 991 GT3?