Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback Requested on 2019 GT3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 06:48 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you’re keeping the turbo, you’ll have a subtle GT car, get the full GT3 experience wing and a manual. That’s what I’m gonna do when I get the call,
Old 11-22-2018, 07:21 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

My vote.... If you don't already own a winged car, get a winged car.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:55 PM
Jon H
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 86 Posts

I liked the 4 ways on my GT4 much more than the 18 ways on my GT3 (997.1)
Old 11-22-2018, 10:05 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

It’s a GT3. It’s supposed to have a wing.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:31 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Wing, LWB's and PCCB's....2 reds are better than one.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:53 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

I tend to agree with the sentiment that if you want a subdued looking 911, there are numerous iterations. To me a gt3 is a winged menace like the RS of old.
Loud 911s not subdued.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:11 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
1. My vote is touring
2. Smoking package I would add

Good call, will do!

They are very different looks for sure. PS your order is supposed to lock 11/30, mine locked 12 days early so do try to make a decision quickly or it may be made for you.
Yikes, I had no idea that was possible. I will call dealer tomorrow and check.

Originally Posted by Ryanrayburn
Man that is a tough decision. I personally love the looks and the idea behind the touring package, however I feel like the GT3 should be an in your face loud race car (center bypass). My vote would be the winged version. A lot of options are personal preference, however I believe having owned a .1 GT3 and now a .1 GT3RS that front axle lift and PCCB are a must option (which you already have in the builds). The only other option maybe to consider would be the smoking package so it covers up the open space in the center console and deviated seat belts if that is something you like (much more expensive to add later). Such a fun process either way, and I am sure you will enjoy whichever you choose.
Good call on smoking package; I'm leaning against PCCB's if it's a GR winged car - PCCB's feel amazing, but they're expensive and the yellow / red McDonald's look troubles me. CR, as suggested above, is a splendid color, but feels better to me on a wingless car, not the winged version, and for some reason, not the GT3T.

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Go with the option which best suits your personality.

I'd recommend adding leather air vent surrounds/slats including your deviated stitching. Expensive, but an important finishing touch IMHO as you're doing many other interior options. Good luck!
Interesting, I may very well do that.

Originally Posted by Izzone

-I’d consider the extended dash leather...I don’t have it but it really finishes the car off
I was on the fence about it, will look at that again tomorrow, thanks.

Originally Posted by chance6
I’m usually not a red fan but in this case, if you’re gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.
So well said. Might be the best argument of all!

I made things much more complicated by driving past a dealership today that had a Chalk 2018 GTS with a white stripe down the side. It was the first Chalk 911 I'd seen in person, and it was much nicer than I had expected based on online photos. Much more light gray - photos online just look off-white. It was enough to get me considering Chalk instead of GT Silver if I went with a GT3T. All that said, the winged GR just moves me! The debate continues...
Old 11-23-2018, 12:24 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
I made things much more complicated by driving past a dealership today that had a Chalk 2018 GTS with a white stripe down the side. It was the first Chalk 911 I'd seen in person, and it was much nicer than I had expected based on online photos. Much more light gray - photos online just look off-white. It was enough to get me considering Chalk instead of GT Silver if I went with a GT3T. All that said, the winged GR just moves me! The debate continues...
I got my GT3 in chalk, and everyone has an opinion about it. Almost everyone absolutely love it, including people that aren't car people, like my mother in law. GT silver definitely won't make the same kind of statement, it'll be another silver car. A classic color, yes. But not very exciting. I had a GT silver 997TT, don't feel the need to have another silver car for a couple of decades.
Old 11-23-2018, 04:12 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 53 Posts

Wing. Otherwise just get a GTS
Old 11-23-2018, 09:01 AM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Fun decision to make! I went with touring because I really like classic 911 siloheutte. With gt3 body kit it makes for a menacing package. But can’t go wrong either way.. chalk touring with pccb would be nasty
Old 11-23-2018, 10:07 AM
tcracing
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reacher, let us see some pictures of your Chalk car. I changed my order from Miami Blue to Chalk. I'd also like to see different side stripe colors on Chalk.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:46 AM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
On a day of thanks, I am especially grateful to have recently received an open build slot for a 2019 model year GT3...at MSRP! Kudos to my dealer for coming through and being true gentlemen for honoring their word of an MSRP spot when I went on the waitlist 2+ years ago. Now for the hard part: what do I build? I find myself drawn towards two opposing concepts: one, a louder, winged beast of a race car; the second, a more subdued machine, a sleeper in every way except performance. The latter is more suited to my personality, but I love Guards Red (see current Turbo in avatar) and my Spyder already gives me the more quiet version, as it is white on black. My current build is loaded as the red, winged car, but I'm having second thoughts, perhaps in part because going with the Touring car would enable me to mentally justify keeping my 997TT (also red/black), which I'm loath to sell, needing neither the funds nor garage space, but feeling compelled to do so if I've got a nearly identical GT3 inbound. My order locks on 11/30.

Here are the builds:

Red/Black - Winged: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKU2XPQ4

GT Silver/Black - Touring: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKLBNFX9

So two questions:

(1) Which build?
(2) Any options I should strongly consider that aren't in one of the builds?
Congrats. I'm in a very similar situation. I was just given an allocation after a long wait. I'm going with a highly optioned Touring in Agate/black. Yellow stitching on the 18 ways to match the yellow calipers.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:55 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Wing and buckets.
Lots of color choices... I like chalk and some of the blue varieties (may be pts...)

have fun with the ordering process, any chance of ED?
Old 11-23-2018, 11:22 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tcracing
Reacher, let us see some pictures of your Chalk car. I changed my order from Miami Blue to Chalk. I'd also like to see different side stripe colors on Chalk.
FWIW, I found a number of stripe photos on winged and non-winged cars in this forum - quite interesting to see. I'm not generally a stripe guy, but think the Touring really looks nice with it; not really a fan of stripes on the winged car. If it's helpful to see, Porsche of the Main Line has a Chalk GTS (so wingless) with white stripe, black wheels, and PCCB - could probably find photo on their site.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:51 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

wing is a must....portable picnic table

Quick Reply: Feedback Requested on 2019 GT3 Build