Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

* INTRO OFFER * JCR Titanium Exhaust

 
Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM
  #46  
Salj
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Salj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 289
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Jonny, do you have an opinion on swapping out the paper air cleaners for BMC when installing your bypass on GT3.2?

Sal
Salj is online now  
Old 11-05-2018, 10:56 AM
  #47  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Salj View Post
Jonny, do you have an opinion on swapping out the paper air cleaners for BMC when installing your bypass on GT3.2?

Sal
It certainly cant hurt, you're installing the factory 991.1 / .2 GT3 RS filters which are obviously there for a reason. As the bumper is off, I think its a worth while swap. Weather or not you will notice a difference, thats difficult to say.

JC
__________________
JCR-Porsche is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 08:58 PM
  #48  
GT3 Rey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3 Rey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I’m so mad I missed out on the intro offer deal. Really like the sound of this over what I’m currently running.
GT3 Rey is online now  
Old 12-12-2018, 09:25 PM
  #49  
A/S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
A/S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: U.S.
Posts: 533
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

JCR-Porsche 2 questions:


1) How is the sound dB level of the JCR Titanium Silenced Center Bypass vs. the stock GT3 or GT3 RS center muffler? how many dB it increases or decreases?

2) For the side delete pipes (valved and not valved) what's the estimated timeframe to get them ready?

Thanks
A/S is online now  
Old 12-20-2018, 07:11 AM
  #50  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by A/S View Post
JCR-Porsche 2 questions:


1) How is the sound dB level of the JCR Titanium Silenced Center Bypass vs. the stock GT3 or GT3 RS center muffler? how many dB it increases or decreases?

2) For the side delete pipes (valved and not valved) what's the estimated timeframe to get them ready?

Thanks
OEM Centre vs Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass with Valves closed is an increase of around 3dB depending on load / RPM

OEM centre vs Titanium silenced centre bypass with valves open is an increase of around 6dB depending on load / RPM

For our non valved side silencer bypass we have them in stock ready to go. For our valved versions very very soon we will be ready to ship

Hope that helps and apologies for keeping you waiting on the response, for some reason I wasn’t alerted to your response on the thread.

JC
JCR-Porsche is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 08:24 AM
  #51  
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
awew911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,075
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Picked up my car yesterday at 3 pm. Put it up on the lift at 7 and installed the bypass with my son. Total time was 1 hour. Absolutely no need to remove bumper. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.

Going to install another one on Saturday on my friends .2 gt3rs.

Went in perfectly and alignment was simple. Cant comment yet on sound since havent taken it out.

Awesome product and great customer service!






awew911 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 08:51 AM
  #52  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by awew911 View Post
Picked up my car yesterday at 3 pm. Put it up on the lift at 7 and installed the bypass with my son. Total time was 1 hour. Absolutely no need to remove bumper. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.

Going to install another one on Saturday on my friends .2 gt3rs.

Went in perfectly and alignment was simple. Cant comment yet on sound since havent taken it out.

Awesome product and great customer service!






I think you’ve won the quickest ownership to JCR modified so far! Awesome work and enjoy, look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have had a chance to drive and enjoy properly

JC
JCR-Porsche is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 11:21 AM
  #53  
mdrums
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mdrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 14,924
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

AWEW911...thats an awesome garage! Dang!....which you were my neighbor...I want to install side muffler deletes but not looking forward to using jacks/stands and crawling on the garage floor..LOL Great looking collection you have there.
mdrums is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 01:25 PM
  #54  
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
awew911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,075
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
AWEW911...thats an awesome garage! Dang!....which you were my neighbor...I want to install side muffler deletes but not looking forward to using jacks/stands and crawling on the garage floor..LOL Great looking collection you have there.
Thanks!

You're welcome to take a ride up here to Ponte Vedra and I'd be happy to do it with you.

The black 997.1 RS is a friend's that I'm housing.

Removing the mufflers would require removal of the rear bumper. Still easy to do. Just a bunch of bolts and screws.
awew911 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 01:55 PM
  #55  
GT3 Rey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3 Rey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by awew911 View Post
Picked up my car yesterday at 3 pm. Put it up on the lift at 7 and installed the bypass with my son. Total time was 1 hour. Absolutely no need to remove bumper. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.

Going to install another one on Saturday on my friends .2 gt3rs.

Went in perfectly and alignment was simple. Cant comment yet on sound since havent taken it out.

Awesome product and great customer service!






I saw this on your Instagram. Congrats on your lizard.
GT3 Rey is online now  
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM
  #56  
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
awew911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,075
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by GT3 Rey View Post

I saw this on your Instagram. Congrats on your lizard.
Thank you!
awew911 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:23 PM
  #57  
GT3 Rey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3 Rey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 88
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Got mine installed today. Very happy with it.


GT3 Rey is online now  
Old 12-21-2018, 04:16 AM
  #58  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GT3 Rey View Post
Got mine installed today. Very happy with it.


Looks great Rey! Glad you're happy with the parts, a good centre bypass really brings these cars to life!

JC
__________________
JCR-Porsche is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: