Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

.2 GT3RS OEM tips fit .2 GT3?

 
Old 09-30-2018, 12:12 PM
  #1  
sampelligrino
Super User
Thread Starter
 
sampelligrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,294
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default .2 GT3RS OEM tips fit .2 GT3?

Just wondering if anyone has access to PET or just knows if the titanium tips of the .2 3RS will be plug and play on the .2 GT3 steel OEM center muffler? I might prefer the silver/titanium OEM look for my GT silver GT3 compared to the standard black
sampelligrino is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 05:55 PM
  #2  
SCCAForums
User
 
SCCAForums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Typically at a race track near you!
Posts: 612
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
Just wondering if anyone has access to PET or just knows if the titanium tips of the .2 3RS will be plug and play on the .2 GT3 steel OEM center muffler? I might prefer the silver/titanium OEM look for my GT silver GT3 compared to the standard black
Yes, I believe they are both completely transferable... mufflers and tips interchangeable.

Best Regards,
Dave
SCCAForums is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 05:59 PM
  #3  
Laguna_Dude
User
 
Laguna_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 883
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

i wonder how much for the entire exhaust system.
Laguna_Dude is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 09:42 PM
  #4  
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
RaceDevelopementCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,712
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

The tips and mufflers are a direct swap and dimensional the same
__________________
RaceDevelopementCenter is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 10:02 PM
  #5  
sampelligrino
Super User
Thread Starter
 
sampelligrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,294
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

Thanks guys. Will ping Suncoast to see the price, prefer the silver tips I think
sampelligrino is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 04:22 PM
  #6  
Polarcharger
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Polarcharger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 127
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Old thread, but conclusion looks incomplete. I know exhaust tip makers including JCR and Akrapovic offer different tips for 991.2 GT3 vs. 991.2 GT3RS. While all tips will fasten to both the stainless (GT3) and titanium (RS) mufflers, are the OEM tips of different lengths to accommodate different bumpers?
Polarcharger is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 07:50 PM
  #7  
SCCAForums
User
 
SCCAForums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Typically at a race track near you!
Posts: 612
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Polarcharger View Post
Old thread, but conclusion looks incomplete. I know exhaust tip makers including JCR and Akrapovic offer different tips for 991.2 GT3 vs. 991.2 GT3RS. While all tips will fasten to both the stainless (GT3) and titanium (RS) mufflers, are the OEM tips of different lengths to accommodate different bumpers?
I can't speak for the difference between .1 and .2... but I have had both the .2 GT3 and .2 GT3RS (Steel bumper & Titanium Bumper) and the 'tips' are identical in mounting and lengths. I use the same 'turndown tips' between the two cars. I'm not sure on the .1 cars however.

Best Regards,
Dave
SCCAForums is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:26 PM
  #8  
NCheok
User
 
NCheok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: 35.68░S 139.68░E
Posts: 107
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

.1 RS tips are a tat shorter than .2 RS tips.
NCheok is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 12:15 PM
  #9  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 412
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
I can't speak for the difference between .1 and .2... but I have had both the .2 GT3 and .2 GT3RS (Steel bumper & Titanium Bumper) and the 'tips' are identical in mounting and lengths. I use the same 'turndown tips' between the two cars. I'm not sure on the .1 cars however.

Best Regards,
Dave
991.2 RS Titanium tips are shorter by a good margin, along with different slash angle compared to 991.2 GT3 steel tips.

JC
JCR-Porsche is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: