Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's included in a 991.1 GT3 PPI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:58 PM
LifeIsGr8
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What's included in a 991.1 GT3 PPI?

Hi All,

I will be in the market for a 991.1 GT3 in the coming months, and am in prep mode. I am no stranger to high performance vehicles and performing inspections myself, which I have done for my R8, Cayman, Mini, etc. My understanding is I can purchase a <$150 bluetooth diagnostic tool to surface the over rev and launch control reports which is great. What I am not understanding is what Porsche includes in their 100pt+ inspection of the GT3. Does anyone have a copy of that report, or recommendations of where to find such information?

I'm sure there are line items I won't have tools to check, but that's never stopped me in the past.

All the best,
LifeIsGr8

Last edited by LifeIsGr8; 09-14-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:26 AM
LifeIsGr8
Advanced

Bump. Someone must know.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:31 AM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

sorry, I cannot answer your specific question. But, why pay $150 to try to do something you don't truly know how to do or the tools to do - just take it to a porsche dealer or independent shop and have the PPI done.....
Old 09-16-2018, 12:54 AM
LifeIsGr8
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911therapy
sorry, I cannot answer your specific question. But, why pay $150 to try to do something you don't truly know how to do or the tools to do - just take it to a porsche dealer or independent shop and have the PPI done.....
I’m mechanically inclined and enjoy it.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:04 AM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LifeIsGr8

I’m mechanically inclined and enjoy it.
I can appreciate that - hopefully someone can provide the checklist, I have never seen it.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:58 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Not sure what bluetooth dongle you're talking about. But the 991 GT3 uses a different DME compared to the other 991's. A durametric cable doesn't even support it. You'll need to take the car to somebody with a PIWIS II in order to read the DME.An over rev report on a 991.1 PDK GT3 isn't going to tell you anything, the car shifts and won't let you do a money shift, so a over rev report is not as important as a manual car. There is no launch control counter, this is not a GTR .

You would want to do a leak down. Pull the plugs and check the condition of them. Get the car up on a lift and check the suspension, axles, engine/transmission for any leak, check the brakes, last time brake fluid was flushed, etc.

here's the CPO check list via quick google search. Porsche's CPO checklist is fine if you are getting a car with warranty. If there's no warranty you want to do some additional things like the leak down, etc.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/Cert...st-1.jpg?ssl=1

Taking the car to a Porsche race shop for a PPI would be money well spent. Even if you are mechanically inclined, they will know how things should look and what to look for, you're buying their expertise.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:16 PM
LifeIsGr8
Advanced

Originally Posted by Todd B
Not sure what bluetooth dongle you're talking about. But the 991 GT3 uses a different DME compared to the other 991's. A durametric cable doesn't even support it. You'll need to take the car to somebody with a PIWIS II in order to read the DME.An over rev report on a 991.1 PDK GT3 isn't going to tell you anything, the car shifts and won't let you do a money shift, so a over rev report is not as important as a manual car. There is no launch control counter, this is not a GTR .

You would want to do a leak down. Pull the plugs and check the condition of them. Get the car up on a lift and check the suspension, axles, engine/transmission for any leak, check the brakes, last time brake fluid was flushed, etc.

here's the CPO check list via quick google search. Porsche's CPO checklist is fine if you are getting a car with warranty. If there's no warranty you want to do some additional things like the leak down, etc.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/Cert...st-1.jpg?ssl=1

Taking the car to a Porsche race shop for a PPI would be money well spent. Even if you are mechanically inclined, they will know how things should look and what to look for, you're buying their expertise.
Thanks. I'm familiar with Porsche's generic PPI as I performed my own on my previous Cayman S. Just curious if there's anything GT3-specific.

No launch counter?! Seems a bit odd. Is Porsche demonstrating its confidence in PDK by excluding such an obvious stat? I'd believe that a vehicle is likely increasingly abused when it's launch count increases.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:44 PM
LifeIsGr8
Advanced

Following up on my old thread in case others are interested.
I've attached an example PPI, for a GT3RS.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Action Plan (1).pdf (507.1 KB, 126 views)

Quick Reply: What's included in a 991.1 GT3 PPI?