Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1096502-gt-car-salesman-shiraaz-sookralli-champion-porsches-vp-of-marketing.html)

Dot23RS 04-12-2019 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by STG (Post 15763576)
Steals over $2MM and can get out of jail on bail with only $20K ??? System is flawed ...

I believe the bail system is based on potential years sentenced. Financial crime in the US is much different then say Singapore.

Pruettfan 04-12-2019 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by STG (Post 15763576)
Steals over $2MM and can get out of jail on bail with only $20K ??? System is flawed ...

How so? You would prefer that tax payers spend 70k plus a year to house him and pay for his medical expenses while he waits for trial? Look I think the guy is a scumbag but he like all defendants are presumed innocent and bail is not intended to be a penalty it is an incentive to show up for trial. The system is flawed without a doubt but I'm not sure the bail amount in this case is evidence of the system failure. My guess is if bail was 10 times this amount you would still think that was not sufficient.

Douglas Jones 04-12-2019 03:03 PM

I’m confused how someone can get bail or bond when they were a fugitive. It’s sickening.

GiuseppeM 04-12-2019 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas Jones (Post 15769324)
I’m confused how someone can get bail or bond when they were a fugitive. It’s sickening.

Do they give them GPS bracelets?

G.Irish 04-12-2019 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM (Post 15769327)
Do they give them GPS bracelets?

Yep. They're tamper resistant too so if you try to cut it or take it off, LE gets an alert. Obviously not foolproof (nothing really is) but in a case like this it'll probably be enough.

BBiAutosport 04-12-2019 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Manifold (Post 15763220)
How does he maintain or seek full-time employment while under home confinement?

It makes no sense. Any Rennlisters want to hire him to work from home?

robmypro 04-12-2019 03:52 PM

Right now he is probably researching how to flee. :banghead:

Douglas Jones 04-12-2019 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=STG;15768000]Attachment 1302789

Attachment 1302785[/QUOTE
Funny. 😂What was the get out of jail card?? Dirt on champion I’m sure!! I can’t wait to see what is really going on with all of this. Does anyone know what cars he has besides 20+ imaginary GT cars? The affidavit said he spent the money on nightclubs, restaurants and cars.

STG 04-12-2019 05:17 PM

He was known to drive cars like Bentley's and Lambos to work. But hey, of course nobody had a clue a VP of Marketing would never be able to afford those cars. LOL. Shiraaz did what he wanted with blessing of ownership until he went rogue after Dave was out of the picture. He's family with the Maraj's somehow and was once best friends with Mitra (Dave's son) and who runs the show now.

LIV was also a big hot spot nightclub for him. Dropping $20K nights wasn't uncommon while buddies with Mitra.

He was working with all the "hot shot" brokers too who fed customers to him. Wonder what they're doing now that the bubble is bursting?? LOL.

All of this has been written about in this thread already.

goin2drt 04-12-2019 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by STG (Post 15769615)
He was known to drive cars like Bentley's and Lambos to work. But hey, of course nobody had a clue a VP of Marketing would never be able to afford those cars. LOL. Shiraaz did what he wanted with blessing of ownership until he went rogue after Dave was out of the picture. He's family with the Maraj's somehow and was once best friends with Mitra (Dave's son) and who runs the show now.

LIV was also a big hot spot nightclub for him. Dropping $20K nights wasn't uncommon while buddies with Mitra.

He was working with all the "hot shot" brokers too who fed customers to him. Wonder what they're doing now that the bubble is bursting?? LOL.

All of this has been written about in this thread already.

They certainly don’t post here any longer. Gravy train is over. Can’t wait for all the facts in this to come out.

STG 04-12-2019 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
They certainly don’t post here any longer. Gravy train is over. Can’t wait for all the facts in this to come out.

Now wait, you mean $30K-$100K++++ ADM's aren't happening?? What will they do now, start doing oil changes on the side??

I would think Shiraaz will sing like a bird to save his ass. I'm sure he has a lot of dirt on Champion. What he does with it, is another story.

How about all these brokers who I'm sure were claiming all this ADM income?? Or dealers?? Yeah right. Much of it wasn't hitting any books, which is what enabled Shiraaz to do his gig, which was likely going on long before he started keeping all the $$ for himself. He was likely the fixer for a long time, until he got greedy and liked too much bling.

Attachment 1302822

Douglas Jones 04-12-2019 05:51 PM

Yes. I’m sure he will definitely will be giving up all parties involved as well. It’s hard to believe this was going on without anyone else in the whole dealership knowing anything at all. Especially being best friends with Mitchra, I wonder if anyone still suspects him for the early demise of the previous owner? It seems like he had a motive.

Dr. Ferdinand 04-12-2019 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by LexVan (Post 15755911)
I just heard Shiraaz hired Jussie Smollett's lawyer.

Heard he decided to go with Avenatti instead.

STG 04-25-2019 05:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
https://rennlist.com/articles/porsch...mpaign=content

Attachment 1303185Attachment 1303184

Shiraaz Sookralli

Akunob 04-25-2019 10:14 PM

With enough money and the right attorney, it’s possible Sooky gets no jail time. He pleads to something, gets time served (house arrest), tons of community service, 5+ yrs probation and a massive fine. I doubt Champion is actively filing complaints against him, my guess they ant all this to negative publicity to simply go away!