Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

^^ Yes, the answers to those questions can only be had by additional insider info and results of any investigation and public information once he's caught. Still, there are more questions than answers.

This isn't a case of Joe Blow worked for XXXX for 1 year, committed fraud, internal safeguards raised red flags, he's busted.

Shiraaz case reads like a Netflix series.

Can anyone confirm Shiraaz's relationship to the Maraj's?? Related somehow?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
^ Answering those questions requires a proper investigation with access to information beyond what we have.
GTFO here with that reasoned approach and good judgement. Don't you know there are torches to carry, axes to grind and Rennlist heroes to be made?!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:49 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
GTFO here with that reasoned approach and good judgement. Don't you know there are torches to carry, axes to grind and Rennlist heroes to be made?!
Clear you are no fan of this thread, but why have you posted 33 times in the thread? That's more than the OP who got scammed.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Old 09-20-2018, 07:56 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Off topic, but a local guy (to me) in Towson, MD, who was a regular at Hunt Valley C&C and Supercars on State St. with a Bugatti Veyron and Pagani Huayra just got nabbed by the Feds for a $364 Million ponzi scheme.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:20 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
I'm not crying. I'm the guy who would make that happen.And besides being sleazy, doing that without a valid audit-able process is great way to make anything you did stumble upon not usable.
I don't believe companies need a search warrant to review e-mails on their own networks, what's more, if you're using a company laptop/PC/tablet/cell-phone, don't expect privacy on those either, they're not yours. Send compromising messages at your own risk. Companies can set their own rules on the use of their networks/equipment and employees have to abide by those rules and suffer the consequences for violations.

You can't go very long without some reveal about an e-mail/text message that turned around and caused the sender to regret the action.

Law enforcement would indeed need a search warrant but that's another story.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Off topic, but a local guy (to me) in Towson, MD, who was a regular at Hunt Valley C&C and Supercars on State St. with a Bugatti Veyron and Pagani Huayra just got nabbed by the Feds for a $364 Million ponzi scheme.
I was reading that this morning, now that’s real money
Old 09-20-2018, 08:58 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

PCNA and PAG owe nobody anything, it would be a good idea for them to address the system to protect their most loyal customers, this hands off we can't do anything attitude helped to create this environment

If you bought your car via the black market of brokers, scalpers and flippers who used Shiraaz as their inside man dope dealer, you don't deserve any help from Champion or Porsche, your beef is with the black marketeers

if you paid ADM in a deposit to Shiraaz/Champion you deserve an allocation, you agreed to ADM anyway so you shouldn't get it back, your allocation needs to come out of theirs, why do they owe you anything else at this point?

If Porsche gives allocations to those affected who aren't in the above category, Champion should not be allowed to profit and more cars should be built, not taken out of the allocations of other dealers

Old 09-20-2018, 09:39 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

I think everyone who reads through this entire thread deserves an allocation at MSRP.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I think everyone who reads through this entire thread deserves an allocation at MSRP.
dibs!
Old 09-20-2018, 10:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Last edited by STG; 09-25-2018 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Attachment 1291733

Add up all the article views, more than 1,000,000 people have likely seen his mug.

How long until he's sighted??

Maybe if Shiraaz writes an apology letter, he can be forgiven and maybe have things go back to normal? Maybe VP of the car wash dept?

* He's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Update!! Body of Shiraaz found in the Florida Everglades. I’ll forward the link shortly. Looks like someone finally caught up with him. Maybe one of his many kids mother. 🤔🤔🤔🤔
He got what he deserved. Alligator food. Now we will never know the full truth.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:05 AM
jayson
Racer

Received 422 Likes on 115 Posts

Wow - still no sign on this guy. That is nuts!
Old 09-21-2018, 12:08 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I have to agree that this thread is venturing into a crusade that goes beyond what makes sense for RL. Fine to discuss ways to help the victims and things that should be done prevent something like this from happening again, but finding SS is a job for law enforcement, and there are some things that need to be worked out directly by the parties involved and their lawyers.

If Champion didn't respond right away and directed inquiries to their lawyers, nothing wrong with that, they need to size up the situation and get legal advice before taking steps they might regret. That's exactly what I'd do if I was in their shoes.

IMO, there's way too much speculation in this thread, and people already "sure" of things they can't be sure of. I'm glad some credible people are now coming out and telling us about their experiences with Champion.

IMHO there's too much crying in this thread.

The thread is over 100 pages long and by far the most popular thread in this section of the forum. People are clearly interested in it. People are clearly interested in reading facts and yes - speculation.

STG deserves a gold star below his name for bringing it to our attention and for all the investigative work he's done for free on his own time. If I was a victim here - I'd definitely appreciate his posts a lot more than yours.

If you want to read more boring debates on which color brakes reduce glare in your passenger's eyes better then there's 1000x other threads here to do that.

No one here is doing anything illegal. No one here is doing anything immoral. If you're not interested in this topic just move on.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:16 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by destaccado
IMHO there's too much crying in this thread.

The thread is over 100 pages long and by far the most popular thread in this section of the forum. People are clearly interested in it. People are clearly interested in reading facts and yes - speculation.

STG deserves a gold star below his name for bringing it to our attention and for all the investigative work he's done for free on his own time. If I was a victim here - I'd definitely appreciate his posts a lot more than yours.

If you want to read more boring debates on which color brakes reduce glare in your passenger's eyes better then there's 1000x other threads here to do that.

No one here is doing anything illegal. No one here is doing anything immoral. If you're not interested in this topic just move on.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing