Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 04:16 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
This is what I will probably be doing the next time. Its interesting to hear different perspectives from around the country. Here in California, in the Bay and Los Angeles areas, there seems to be a 'race to the bottom' as far as customer service. Just business I guess with no shortage of buyers....

J
Yep spot on as far as Bay Area and LA go sadly enough. I will say Carlsen *service* in Redwood City has been a really good experience to date, which surprised me considering how God awful their sales experience is in my opinion. For LA considering using House Automotive or Callas for my servicing needs to bypass the dealers here
Old 09-10-2018, 04:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

in LA, drive up to CJ fresno
in SF bay, you have got to be kidding servicing your car at Carlsen. guess u haven't heard backing cars into other cars and cars falling off the lift...
should I go on
oh they are the closest to me but I haven't set foot there in 11 years. and so are all mooty related porsche owners...
oh and the parts dept., call them up and see if they can find you anything remotely obscure.... "I don't know" is what they are good at replying,.

sonnen
livermore
rector
Fremont

are all better. I have worked with them all.
but now I only use one. they work on my CTT, CD, CGT, 991, 997, 996 1972, 1986, 1992
Old 09-10-2018, 04:42 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SToronto
But do they have ice cold milk?
I like chocolate milk for drinking and heavy cream for my latte, mocha, etc.
any dealer without brown sugar cubes... well, pssst...
Old 09-10-2018, 04:50 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
in SF bay, you have got to be kidding servicing your car at Carlsen. guess u haven't heard backing cars into other cars and cars falling off the lift...
should I go on
oh they are the closest to me but I haven't set foot there in 11 years. and so are all mooty related porsche owners...
oh and the parts dept., call them up and see if they can find you anything remotely obscure.... "I don't know" is what they are good at replying,.

sonnen
livermore
rector
Fremont

are all better. I have worked with them all.
but now I only use one. they work on my CTT, CD, CGT, 991, 997, 996 1972, 1986, 1992
Hehe maybe they have learned since then (not likely Im sure), for our 993 they have done a very good job to date even helping us thoroughly when it got rear ended (this can obviously change). For my old man he is old/stubborn and Carlsen is closest for him as well & they have met my exacting standards so far. But for sales I will not set foot in the dealership either after terrible experiences and will steer business away from them if I have the opportunity

Old 09-10-2018, 05:03 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ u are luckier than i

oil changed at Fremont porsche this morning and donuts of course...
Old 09-10-2018, 05:32 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm going to keep that option in mind. It's too bad CJ didn't get his dealership until after I already made a relationship. He was probably still playing with baseballs at the time.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:56 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Very OT but that car that is on my wishlist/list of "one day" cars...white 993 turbo
Old 09-10-2018, 06:04 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Back in 2015, when I got my GT3 at msrp from Porsche of Annapolis, my local dealer had a GT3 asking $36k over msrp. Who here think I should have been loyal?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:03 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Very OT but that car that is on my wishlist/list of "one day" cars...white 993 turbo
its not turbo.
it's cheap garden variety c4s I am afraid.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:07 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

its not turbo.
it's cheap garden variety c4s I am afraid.
Ahh, fooled me. Ew, no thank you then
Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm loyal to mine, but I might have a touch of Stockholm Syndrome.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my case loyalty absolutely works.
I have dealt with the same dealer group since 1998.
In that time I have taken delivery of 11 cars ( 2 Subaru WRX, 1 Audi S-4, and 8 Porsches (993, CaymanS, 911-50, 4 GT3's, & 1 GT4). Still have the 2016 Subaru, 991.2 GT3 & GT4.
Five have been below MSRP and six at MSRP. None above.
They have consistently given me passes to private events at track events.(Hospitality Suites, new model introductions, Zentrum, etc.) I was also given a 2 day session at the Sport Driving School in Birmingham.
Nice loaners & fast service. What else do you want?

Sorry Mooty………..CARLSEN PORSCHE REDWOOD CITY
Old 09-11-2018, 02:09 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
I'm going to keep that option in mind. It's too bad CJ didn't get his dealership until after I already made a relationship. He was probably still playing with baseballs at the time.
Never too late to develop a relationship with Fresno. I chose to spend my 2.5 hrs of drive time heading to a dealer in Fresno that has open roads ahead of me and Great service as opposed to 2.5 hrs of traffic filled windshield stop and go traffic heading west into the land of the entitled tech market better than thou attitudes and horrible service. No offense - but it didn’t used to be that way. I know all are not like that in the Bay Area but the scene has definitely changed. I’d rather hang out with the humble hard working farmers.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:44 AM
737Drvr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie

737, CP told me last week that the got another 3RS position. So if interested, hit them up. They are out of GT3 positions as of now. I was trying to get a touring model from them recently. My first choice was LG, but your friend and another local were already getting that color. So I went with MB hoping to not see 10of them in town! I know of 1 in Scottsdale com8ng but that’s it. See you soon.

I assume you you are a pilot as well?! I fly as well (not professionally though)

Hey Joe, I called my SA (intials EN) and he said he hadn’t heard about the allocation yet. They probably already had it sold. He said all 3Rs’s are 30K over plus clear film protection. No GT3s as you said. I’ll keep checking. I’m always looking at the pre-owned market as well. Found a very nice MB GT3 in the upper Midwest and a high MSRP chalk in the south. Both great cars just need them to come down to earth a bit. Time will tell. Congrats again on your MB 3RS. That color has really grown on me. The Cayman GTS in CP’s showroom looks great.

I’m guilty as charged on the pilot thing. Fly for SW. My buddy taking the Euro delivery on the 23rd of this month is also a Pilot for us. I saw your posts on the German Engineering thread. Love the A/C you have. Great for flying at both ends of the spectrum. See you around the southeast valley.

Oh, when do you get your RS? I would love to see it in the flesh.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:06 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by 737Drvr

Hey Joe, I called my SA (intials EN) and he said he hadn’t heard about the allocation yet. They probably already had it sold. He said all 3Rs’s are 30K over plus clear film protection. No GT3s as you said. I’ll keep checking. I’m always looking at the pre-owned market as well. Found a very nice MB GT3 in the upper Midwest and a high MSRP chalk in the south. Both great cars just need them to come down to earth a bit. Time will tell. Congrats again on your MB 3RS. That color has really grown on me. The Cayman GTS in CP’s showroom looks great.

I’m guilty as charged on the pilot thing. Fly for SW. My buddy taking the Euro delivery on the 23rd of this month is also a Pilot for us. I saw your posts on the German Engineering thread. Love the A/C you have. Great for flying at both ends of the spectrum. See you around the southeast valley.

Oh, when do you get your RS? I would love to see it in the flesh.
They must have sold the 3RS then. They did have one about 7-10 days ago because my SA there called me and asked if any of my friends wanted it. He also asked me if I wanted a 2RS and I said at MSRP and he said no. haha. Anyway, Current delivery on the 3RS is January 18th. Hopefully it moves up. Frustrating because I moved my date back 6 weeks to get PTS and then they took it away. So would have had it the first of December. Oh well.

FYI, I am going to be selling my 991.2 GT3 back to them in a couple weeks. White with around 2k miles. Let me know if you have interest. PDK with Sofas.

Quick Reply: How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?