Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

At $500k, a new gt2rs or a 2011 gt3rs 4.0?

 
Old 08-25-2018, 08:14 PM
  #61  
mcsmcs1
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,074
Default

Originally Posted by Dewinator View Post


What nice dinners with half decent wine are you having to go from $500k to the $800k or so that CGTs go for???
I was thinking the same thing
mcsmcs1 is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 08:18 PM
  #62  
Dewinator
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dewinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,051
Default

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1 View Post
I was thinking the same thing
They must be tasty! Too fancy for me!
Dewinator is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:13 PM
  #63  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,356
Default

Originally Posted by DerStig View Post
The fact that you are asking which car means you are completely clueless and the only similarity between either of those cars and you is the fact that you have money you dont know what to do with. I sincerely ask that you leave the brand and go elsewhere. People like you and enthusiasts dont belong to the same sentence.
But we were all new to the brand at one point. I never owned a Porsche prior to my GT3.
robmypro is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:50 PM
  #64  
handful
User
 
handful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado/Paris
Posts: 226
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post


But we were all new to the brand at one point. I never owned a Porsche prior to my GT3.
....and I never owned a Porsche before my 991S X51. There's got to be a first time. Go for it but be aware of the descriptor "widow maker."
handful is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:55 PM
  #65  
msimon9
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by DerStig View Post
The fact that you are asking which car means you are completely clueless and the only similarity between either of those cars and you is the fact that you have money you dont know what to do with. I sincerely ask that you leave the brand and go elsewhere. People like you and enthusiasts dont belong to the same sentence.
Douchebag, I am aware that these are two very different cars. Hence the reason I am asking the preference of the group. Yes, I am fortunate enough to be able to make this purchase and would like some feedback as to what some of the justification for ownership would be from other enthusiasts. I am a collector, I am a track day lover, I drive my cars and I almost never sell anything I own. I can tear a car apart from front to back and top to bottom. You have zero right to ask me to leave the brand. If you can’t afford the brand in this circumstance, please refrain from posting, no one asked you for your negativity.
msimon9 is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 10:18 PM
  #66  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,447
Default

i have 8 RS3.8 in past
1 RS4.0
sold all RS3.8
has RS4.0
i have NEVER kept a car past 18 months in my life. RS4.0 i bought new at msrp and still have it.
i had 991.1 991.2 GT3, 991.2RS all sold no regret one bit
will have 991.2RS, maybe 12 months car or me.
i drover 991.2GT2RS quite a bit, love it.
may add, but never will it replace the 4.0

ymmv
and track, all of them suck
get a cup car
i no longer have cup so i quit tracking

i am crazy YMMV
mooty is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 10:58 PM
  #67  
BryanCO
Super User
 
BryanCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,273
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
But we were all new to the brand at one point. I never owned a Porsche prior to my GT3.
Sure. And folks should be given some leeway.

But, massive complaining about value/what should I buy/etc over then past few years and doesn’t this thread seem to be just another one? Especially once the OP stated in a subsequent post that he’s buying a GT2?
BryanCO is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 11:14 PM
  #68  
GT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,521
Default

Seems that gone are the days people simply buy a car, and regardless whether they love it or hate it, sell it if needed, try the alternative. If the don’t like the alternative, go back and rebuy the original option or something else. They are just cars. Buy them, drive them, sell them at a loss or gain, repeat. Or keep it forever. Whatever. But loss or gain has never determined whether I buy a car. I budget $50k-$100k in depreciation cost per year (collective 20k-30k miles per year). That’s the price of my happiness/hobby. I do it cuz I want to drive it and live with it. That’s the only way to know for sure whether you love or hate a car. All these type of threads are useless. It’s like when some people tell me a movie sucks. Ok. But I rather watch the movie myself and come to my own conclusion rather than going off others opinions.
GT3 is online now  
Old 08-26-2018, 12:05 AM
  #69  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,356
Default

Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
Sure. And folks should be given some leeway.

But, massive complaining about value/what should I buy/etc over then past few years and doesn’t this thread seem to be just another one? Especially once the OP stated in a subsequent post that he’s buying a GT2?
I hear you Bryan. I guess i just pretend i am meeting the poster in person tomorrow, so that helps me temper my comments.
robmypro is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 12:48 AM
  #70  
ipse dixit
Super User
 
ipse dixit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,397
Default

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1 View Post
There were only 600 of the 4.0 made worldwide period- that's a fact.
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post


And less than 200 of them came to the US. I bet there will be 600-800 GT2RSs in the US when the dust settles.
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post


158 4.0 RS total for the US/NA, if I remember correctly. A few totaled due to crashes and/or accidental fires. Not sure if it’s below 150 now...
True.

But the overall demand for the 991 GT2 RS will be greater than that for the RS 4.0 simply because the former comes with PDK (or, as some would say, flappy paddles).
ipse dixit is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 01:05 AM
  #71  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,126
Default

Originally Posted by ipse dixit View Post
True.

But the overall demand for the 991 GT2 RS will be greater than that for the RS 4.0 simply because the former comes with PDK (or, as some would say, flappy paddles).
Same thing will happen with the 991GT2RS premiums as what happened with the 991R premiums except that I full expect the 991GT2RS to be selling at or below MSRP in 18-24 months while the 991R will continue to trade above MSRP before its numbered.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 AM
  #72  
BryanCO
Super User
 
BryanCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,273
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
I hear you Bryan. I guess i just pretend i am meeting the poster in person tomorrow, so that helps me temper my comments.


Great day for a drive today in CO.
BryanCO is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 01:21 AM
  #73  
richk
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
richk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: los angeles and nyc
Posts: 2,278
Default

^Totally agree...Porsche is going to make alot of GT2RS.
richk is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 01:29 AM
  #74  
farisad
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
farisad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Posts: 231
Default

every person would value different cars differently due to their connection and needs.
i don't see the value in paying 500 k usd to 997 4.0 at all !! where i can buy maybe 95% of the same car and performance from 997.2 GT3RS with 20% of that value, which i dont mind.
i dont see also a GT2RS is worth 500 k usd at any level at anytime, yes if i can buy it with MSRP i would go ahead with eyes closed, maybe even a small P, but no way 500 k usd. its not worth that money!

good luck
farisad is online now  
Old 08-26-2018, 03:03 AM
  #75  
Perimeter
Super User
 
Perimeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA PNW + AZ
Posts: 2,413
Default

Mooty sold his 4.0, became physicly distraught so killed a mole, put it in a blender and ate it!

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
i have 8 RS3.8 in past
1 RS4.0
sold all RS3.8
has RS4.0
i have NEVER kept a car past 18 months in my life. RS4.0 i bought new at msrp and still have it.
i had 991.1 991.2 GT3, 991.2RS all sold no regret one bit
will have 991.2RS, maybe 12 months car or me.
i drover 991.2GT2RS quite a bit, love it.
may add, but never will it replace the 4.0

ymmv
and track, all of them suck
get a cup car
i no longer have cup so i quit tracking

i am crazy YMMV
Perimeter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: