Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you really go unnoticed in a GT3 Touring ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 12:32 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Less attention from those who don't know about Porsches/GT3.

More attention from those who do know. But that might be just from the novelty of the Touring.
nailed it
Old 08-01-2018, 01:00 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Tokio car fanatics are Not attracted by a non Tokio car
Old 08-01-2018, 01:17 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,829 Likes on 2,389 Posts

depends on where you live.
some places, a GT3 is just as common as civic. no one bats an eye.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:37 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

i guess you meant RS bc 7000

joking about non porschephilers
indeed i like the winged as well
Old 08-01-2018, 02:50 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
In LA the GT3T blends right in with every other **** in their 991 Carrera variant (PDK of course). Ultimate sleeper. Especially in Black.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,829 Likes on 2,389 Posts

newport or any part of OC actually ha
Old 08-01-2018, 11:03 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 144 Posts

You stick out in anything non-american in metro Detroit. Around Toronto/Oakville ON. most folks wouldn't pay attention, wing or not.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
In LA the GT3T blends right in with every other **** in their 991 Carrera variant (PDK of course). Ultimate sleeper. Especially in Black.
Nailed it! Been working in Pasadena for a year - so many people daily all sorts of 911, Touring looks no different - to the untrained eye.
I can't wait for mine.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:56 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
I expect the same in London.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Around here most Porsche models go unnoticed. The only exception being an RS in some crazy color. The others, including GT3's fly under the radar.
Now, if you have an R8, McLaren, etc they get tons of attention.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 1,121 Posts

an accord with an uber window sticker is an awesome way to go unnoticed
Old 08-01-2018, 12:20 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

IMO Jack go with what you want, don't worry too much about what others think

I was very close to ticking the Touring pack option for my build for the same reason that I didn't want a car that attracted too much attention (as Im more of an understated guy), and would be just too stressful/too much of an event to simply enjoy the car. But then I said for this kind of money I'm just going to get what I want, and for my first GT car im really happy I went with the "wing", just feels right and adds to that sense of specialness every time I take the car out compared with my C4 or seeing other 911 variants on the road.

So Im new to the GT line but IMO the GT3 has to have the wing. It looks awesome/integral to the entire design of the car for me personally. Also a lava orange touring or Miami blue touring will collect more attention than my GT Silver winged GT3 I would bet

On the other hand if the Touring speaks to you ala the R or because you simply don't like the wing, then thankfully now you have that option
Old 08-01-2018, 12:24 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

I get basically zero attention in my Chalk 991.2 GT3. But my buddy has a Miami Blue one and he's always getting comments, looks, and people wanting to race him. I think it's the color. We both have huge wings on the car.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 571 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

I was very close to ticking the Touring pack option for my build for the same reason that I didn't want a car that attracted too much attention (as Im more of an understated guy), and would be just too stressful/too much of an event to simply enjoy the car. But then I said for this kind of money I'm just going to get what I want, and for my first GT car im really happy I went with the "wing", just feels right and adds to that sense of specialness every time I take the car out compared with my C4 or seeing other 911 variants on the road.

So Im new to the GT line but IMO the GT3 has to have the wing. It looks awesome/integral to the entire design of the car for me personally. Also a lava orange touring or Miami blue touring will collect more attention than my GT Silver winged GT3 I would bet

On the other hand if the Touring speaks to you ala the R or because you simply don't like the wing, then thankfully now you have that option
Perfectly stated by Sam........I have had 3 Porsches and now my first GT3 Winged version.....had to have the wing as my personal preference, with no second thought........have gone around Atlanta with little fanfare with comments from non-Porsche people mentioning the car "being beautiful " as their most repeated comment.........my silver C4S 996 gathered more initial non-Porsche consumer response and questions, when it was new........I am 63 and I think if you drive it responsibly on the road, that helps it blend in with other cars.........
Old 08-01-2018, 12:45 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

Here's another way of looking at it. Because you are an understated guy and don't really like the attention, having a GT3 with a wing might bring a positive change to your life. I know I felt like a fish in a bowl when I first got mine, but now I look forward to the occasional interaction with random people, and maybe it has made me a bit more outgoing. I don't find those interactions stressful at all now, but I sort of was dreading them in the beginning. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Quick Reply: Can you really go unnoticed in a GT3 Touring ?!?