Was suppose to enter Body shop today 7/20
The actual date was 7/17

Entry port of San Diego went from 9/21 to 9/14

We will see, it's a WP car, I keep hearing of stop orders, part shortages

Old 07-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I don’t get it. My car entered the body shop on July 11th issued a vin# with an expected completion date of July 20th. Now I’m told the completion date has changed to September 13th. I ordered a standard car without any special requests. I don’t have a clue why this is happening nor does my dealer.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Spend A Buck
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick,

If the initial expected completion date of July 20th which is now September 13th gets further delayed to let's say November or December then do you have any recourse at all? Or at this point your hands are tied and you'll basically have to grin and bear it?

Reason I ask is because I have not had too much experience with Porsche but remember having a 7-month delay on my 458 with moderate options I had customized.

Anyway good luck with things and appreciate your thoughts.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:23 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I don’t get it. My car entered the body shop on July 11th issued a vin# with an expected completion date of July 20th. Now I’m told the completion date has changed to September 13th. I ordered a standard car without any special requests. I don’t have a clue why this is happening nor does my dealer.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKJ8HXE6

Maybe compare yours to mine, mine went in the body shop 7/16 and was V300 yesterday. Mine is expected at the dealer on 9/7.

If yours is truly delayed, it can be for a number of reasons. It doesn't have to be an unusual option that delays your build, it can be a standard option were a supplier is behind. It can be a defect found in final inspection like a body panel with bad clear coat - lots of possibilities.

Ryan
Old 07-21-2018, 11:26 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

My concern is the car getting here before tariffs possibly be imposed. If not, then I’ll ask Porsche to absorb the tariff which I doubt they will. Sadly, I will have to reject the car. I’ll just keep my .2 GT3.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Spend A Buck
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My concern is the car getting here before tariffs possibly be imposed. If not, then I’ll ask Porsche to absorb the tariff which I doubt they will. Sadly, I will have to reject the car. I’ll just keep my .2 GT3.
If you have to reject it, do you lose your $10K or $20K deposit plus any tax, title, and license you may have pre-paid?
Old 07-21-2018, 12:06 PM
RazzleDazzle
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

V332 for me as of today.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spend A Buck
If you have to reject it, do you lose your $10K or $20K deposit plus any tax, title, and license you may have pre-paid?
My dealer has never asked me for a deposit. If I gave him one, I would able to get it back under CA law.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:23 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

You're spending way too much time worrying about something beyond your control. Either you will buy the car or you won't so wait and see how things shake out.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:43 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Your obsession with tariffs that may or may not be isn't normal. Your obsessive behavior is getting the best of you. RELAX
Old 07-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Gentlemen I worked in Washington and still have contacts. Trump has every intention of imposes tariffs on imported cars. He wants to time it just before the mid term elections possible last week in October. His issue is under the statute authorizing the tariffs, he needs the Commerce department to make a finding that the importing of cars has become a national security issue. They are working on it now. However, Congress because of a ground swell of opposition from their voters is now taking action. (So much for the claim there is nothing you can do about it.)

This week Congress will try to pass a bill stopping the Commerce department from any findings until which time the Trade Commission has held hearings and made recommendations. Congress will need to approve the recommendations. The fly in the ointment is any bill that passes will meet with a Trump veto. But many in Congress believe they have enough votes to override his veto.

Whether any of this comes to pass is unknown. But I don't believe in acting like an Ostrich and sticking my head in the sand hoping the issues goes away. Contacting your congressional delegation goes a long way in having your voices heard. Sit on the sidelines if that's what you're made of. I'm not and actively engaged in stopping these tariffs. That's why I beat the drum regarding tariffs on this blog. It affects all of us and hopefully we get off our butts and take action.

BTW, it wouldn't break my heart if I don't get the RS. I am perfectly happy with my .2GT3.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Contact your congressman and BE DONE WITH IT. Stop obsessing and creating fear.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:46 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

From my contacts, I’ve been told any possible tariffs are NOT applicable once the car locks. Sit back, relax.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:52 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

These neurotic individuals are crying the "sky is falling" stop it, enjoy the spec/build process instead of focusing what may or may NOT occur.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Homeles
From my contacts, I’ve been told any possible tariffs are NOT applicable once the car locks. Sit back, relax.
Your information is wrong. Once the car enters the US the tariff will apply.

Oto60, I don't know what your problem is but you want to the dictate to posters what they can and cannot post. If you harbor a desire to be a moderator apply for the job. Short of that, stop telling other posters what they can post. You may not like it but many may. How many posts have there been on PTS colors, should I get LWB's?, MT?, PCCB's? and on and on. All are expressing concerns, obsessions and some stress. So please you relax and chill out. Get off your high horse and learn from this blog.

Quick Reply: Status of my GT3 RS build