Sponsored by:

X-post GT4: Replacement engine - 2500 mi car, PCNA contact help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 03:43 PM
ShinAsurada
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-post GT4: Replacement engine - 2500 mi car, PCNA contact help

This is a crosspost from the GT4 forums since the GT4 forums aren't as active. I was wondering if any of you GT3 owners have a contact at PCNA that I can talk to.

Basically my car has 2500 miles on it. Within a year, the rear shocks were found to be leaky and replaced, this was at ~2000 miles. 500 miles later, the engine developed a ticking noise. Needless to be said, I took it into Porsche of Irvine where they said that there was nothing wrong with the car. I persisted and through facebook got in contact with the shop manager Mauro at South Bay Porsche who has been extremely helpful so far. They found that there were metal shavings in the oil filter and after some trouble shooting, PAG ordered an engine replacement. Bear in mind, this car has never been tracked or abused in any way. It has yet to see redline and I have always kept it under 3k rpm until the oil is at 200F.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I have lost confidence in Porsche. I am hoping that Porsche can offer me an extended warranty on the vehicle to give me/a future buyer some peace of mind. Has anyone dealt with anyone that is known to be reasonable and willing to listen at PCNA that I can share my concerns with? I would greatly appreciate it you can share their contact information with me.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Chumlee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShinAsurada
This is a crosspost from the GT4 forums since the GT4 forums aren't as active. I was wondering if any of you GT3 owners have a contact at PCNA that I can talk to.

Basically my car has 2500 miles on it. Within a year, the rear shocks were found to be leaky and replaced, this was at ~2000 miles. 500 miles later, the engine developed a ticking noise. Needless to be said, I took it into Porsche of Irvine where they said that there was nothing wrong with the car. I persisted and through facebook got in contact with the shop manager Mauro at South Bay Porsche who has been extremely helpful so far. They found that there were metal shavings in the oil filter and after some trouble shooting, PAG ordered an engine replacement. Bear in mind, this car has never been tracked or abused in any way. It has yet to see redline and I have always kept it under 3k rpm until the oil is at 200F.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I have lost confidence in Porsche. I am hoping that Porsche can offer me an extended warranty on the vehicle to give me/a future buyer some peace of mind. Has anyone dealt with anyone that is known to be reasonable and willing to listen at PCNA that I can share my concerns with? I would greatly appreciate it you can share their contact information with me.
Contact me via email at gt39962003@yahoo.com
Old 06-12-2018, 02:21 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Quick Reply: X-post GT4: Replacement engine - 2500 mi car, PCNA contact help