Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decorative stitching on extended interior package dashboard trim in leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:37 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decorative stitching on extended interior package dashboard trim in leather

I have just collected my gt3 and have chosen the acid green as the decorative stitching colour choice but I just found that the stitching colour on the parts of extended interior package dashboard trim in leather is platinum grey, can anyone please tell me is this normal or it is suppose in acid green stitching as well?

Old 06-02-2018, 10:14 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Send a PM to RM21. He has the same issue and has been through a lot dealing with it. Not an easy fix.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:05 AM
ssaa77
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That can’t be right. Maybe because it’s a special special stitching color? I have my GT3T coming in a few weeks. I ordered this option too but have red stitching. Hopefully it all matches...
Old 06-02-2018, 11:08 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

I asked the SA about this last week because the configurator didn't show yellow stitching on the vents, clock or by the windshield. He told me it was a configurator problem. Looks like I will be sending him a link to this post and making sure it doesn't happen to me. Or if they won't do it all in a color like yellow, I'll go back to regular stitching I guess.

You would think this would be common sense and they would make all the stitching match in the entire car.....

Last edited by joejenie; 06-02-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:40 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

When you select this option, the stitching will be platinum (as shown) if no notes are made.

When the option is selected, a box appears next to the information icon on the far right side. The newly appeared icon/box looks like a notepad. If you want this stitching to be deviated, the dealer must write a note in that box. When a note is written by the dealer in that box, it triggers the car to v110 status, otherwise known as "text handling required." PAG will confirm the note which has been written is viable, and copy that message on their end. When the message has been copied, the car will go back to v200.

You are not able to make these notes. The dealer and PCNA make these notes in PVMS when the car is being ordered and it must be done before the configuration locks.

It is also important to note, if you've chosen leather to sample, you MUST click this "extended leather" option on the dash. If you do not select it, these plastic pieces will arrive as black and look completely out of place against your "leather to sample" option.

I hope this helps explain how it works from the internal side.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

What does your final build sheet show?
Old 06-02-2018, 11:44 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

It will not appear on the build sheet.

The build sheet will only show that you've selected "Extended leather option on the dash."

It will not designate whether it was supposed to be platinum or deviated. Those notes are made internally in PVMS via the "notepad" that I mentioned.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:45 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
That would bother me.
It does bother me too..I wouldn't take this option if I knew the stitching colour will not be same but I have been told from the dealership the stitching will be in same acid green before confirming my options.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:46 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
It will not appear on the build sheet.

The build sheet will only show that you've selected "Extended leather option on the dash."

It will not designate whether it was supposed to be platinum or deviated. Those notes are made internally in PVMS via the "notepad" that I mentioned.

Is there not enough training at the dealership level to catch these things or properly input them?

Should PCNA be catching the potential problem?

Many of these things seem too complicated for your average sales guy.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:47 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by sgroer
Send a PM to RM21. He has the same issue and has been through a lot dealing with it. Not an easy fix.
Thanks Sgroer. Right.. I'm not sure how could they fix it even if it's an factory error
Old 06-02-2018, 11:54 AM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by ssaa77
That can’t be right. Maybe because it’s a special special stitching color? I have my GT3T coming in a few weeks. I ordered this option too but have red stitching. Hopefully it all matches...
I have been thinking of that too because of it is a custom colour choice of decorative stitching, that's why I want to see if anyone knows about this here.
Hope yours will be ok, I think the red stitching will be matched.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:01 PM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
When you select this option, the stitching will be platinum (as shown) if no notes are made.

When the option is selected, a box appears next to the information icon on the far right side. The newly appeared icon/box looks like a notepad. If you want this stitching to be deviated, the dealer must write a note in that box. When a note is written by the dealer in that box, it triggers the car to v110 status, otherwise known as "text handling required." PAG will confirm the note which has been written is viable, and copy that message on their end. When the message has been copied, the car will go back to v200.

You are not able to make these notes. The dealer and PCNA make these notes in PVMS when the car is being ordered and it must be done before the configuration locks.

It is also important to note, if you've chosen leather to sample, you MUST click this "extended leather" option on the dash. If you do not select it, these plastic pieces will arrive as black and look completely out of place against your "leather to sample" option.

I hope this helps explain how it works from the internal side.
Thanks for the information Chicago Whale, sounds like my dealership has missed to do the part about write a note in that box.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:10 PM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by joejenie
I asked the SA about this last week because the configurator didn't show yellow stitching on the vents, clock or by the windshield. He told me it was a configurator problem. Looks like I will be sending him a link to this post and making sure it doesn't happen to me. Or if they won't do it all in a color like yellow, I'll go back to regular stitching I guess.

You would think this would be common sense and they would make all the stitching match in the entire car.....
Yes, better to contact your SA to avoid this.

"You would think this would be common sense and they would make all the stitching match in the entire car....." Exactly what I think..
Old 06-02-2018, 01:56 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Just talked to the SA and here is the response:

"Looks like the stitching on the leading edge of the windshield in contrasting color is a CXX option (unless you do lizard green interior package then all stitching is lizard green)

Exclusive does not have CXX available on GT3RS at the moment, so in this case it will be platinum grey. Let me know how you want to adjust the build."

So I guess I change to Green or go back to standard stitching at this point unless something changes a long the way. Green won't look right with my PTS color, so probably back to silver/standard stitching.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:34 PM
brian7272
Track Day

Originally Posted by joejenie
Just talked to the SA and here is the response:

"Looks like the stitching on the leading edge of the windshield in contrasting color is a CXX option (unless you do lizard green interior package then all stitching is lizard green)

Exclusive does not have CXX available on GT3RS at the moment, so in this case it will be platinum grey. Let me know how you want to adjust the build."

So I guess I change to Green or go back to standard stitching at this point unless something changes a long the way. Green won't look right with my PTS color, so probably back to silver/standard stitching.

May I ask what is the CXX option? And I would suggest you double confrim with your SA, as I know Porsche does do the yellow stitching on extended leather trim on the 991.1 gt3rs but not sure on the .2, here is the pic I found on rennlist:

, here is the pic I found on rennlist:

Quick Reply: Decorative stitching on extended interior package dashboard trim in leather