Sponsored by:

GT3T vs TTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 08:46 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 428 Posts
Default GT3T vs TTS

For some reason i dont see the OPs comments before my post... basically question is in title.. self explanatory. My response was id rather have a gts. I dont have the cojones to drive either of these on the street.
cheers

Last edited by Rennolazine; 06-01-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:58 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

GT3 touring is my dream car, but I have kids so lack of back seat is an issue, and then of course, no available allocation makes any aspirations of owning one absolutely moot.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:05 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 604 Posts

Between your two choices:
  • Don't need back seats, and it's a car to blow out the mental cobwebs: GT3 Touring
  • Do need back seats/need a good, livable all-rounder/happy with PDK: Turbo S
But...GTS is that sweet spot in the middle: Back seats, 7MT or PDK, RWD or AWD, etc.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:34 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,015 Likes on 644 Posts

The GTS seems to do everything well - 4 seats, no wings, fully configurable, lightish, stealthy - fast and real - world quick. Are the TTS and GT3T the victims of mission creep?

By this I mean, I can see why the GT3 exists and I can see why the GTS exists - in contrast I don't see why the TT/TTS or GT3T exist.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:49 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 129 Posts

After owning a C4S with every performance option ticked, testing a GTS, and now owning a 991.2 GT3 I can assure you that the GT3 is a very different car from the GTS in its overall experience.

I thought about the touring, but I felt it looked a little plain in the end. The wing is a bit of a different and more “out there” look, but my car is chalk so it’s not too outrageous.

i don’t think anyone who wants a TTS would consider a GT3 and vice versa. They’re two totally different cars.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:53 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,015 Likes on 644 Posts

I think they just fill market niches - seems to be very little difference in real world performance
Old 05-31-2018, 11:20 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
After owning a C4S with every performance option ticked, testing a GTS, and now owning a 991.2 GT3 I can assure you that the GT3 is a very different car from the GTS in its overall experience.

I thought about the touring, but I felt it looked a little plain in the end. The wing is a bit of a different and more “out there” look, but my car is chalk so it’s not too outrageous.

i don’t think anyone who wants a TTS would consider a GT3 and vice versa. They’re two totally different cars.
I test drove a TTS and GT3 back to back and yes, could not believe what a difference there was between the two. I took home a Guards Red GT3.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:46 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

I believe you’re 100% correct
Old 05-31-2018, 11:46 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,304 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
The GTS seems to do everything well - 4 seats, no wings, fully configurable, lightish, stealthy - fast and real - world quick. Are the TTS and GT3T the victims of mission creep?

By this I mean, I can see why the GT3 exists and I can see why the GTS exists - in contrast I don't see why the TT/TTS or GT3T exist.
If you have ever owned a Porsche TT or a TTS you would know without a doubt why they exist.
They do all the things the other cars you mentioned do well if not better and faster and you can still drive them every day throw the kiddies in the back if you want.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:54 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
If you have ever owned a Porsche TT or a TTS you would know without a doubt why they exist.
They do all the things the other cars you mentioned do well if not better and faster and you can still drive them every day throw the kiddies in the back if you want.

Ditto This!!! ^^

I own the older version 997.2TTS but feel it's the most capable street car in the line up that is also comfortable and not too stiff like the GT cars.

TTS has my vote... Get the .2 if you can and never look back!
Old 06-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 59 Posts

Jump in a Bentley GT and a TTS feels quick and agile.

Jump in a TTS and a GTS feels quick and agile.

Jump in a GTS and a GT3 feels quick and agile.

Jump in a GT3 and an Indy Car feels quick and agile.

All great rides in their own right for different reasons.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:12 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Yes, or even just get a chance to drive one. They are supremely capable cars, and maybe the best usable supercar the world has yet turned out. Yes, Bugatti etc. But name a more usable car with more usable performance in more situations and more types of weather. So far as I know, it isn't possible.

The big surprise to me was that the latest Turbos are really fun in use, too. I'm not a PDK guy, but I fell in love with the total package. Put 2500 miles on one in fast road and track use, and came to the conclusion that I'd rather have the current 911 Turbo than the last 991.1 GT3 RS...the first time I've liked a Turbo more than a contemporary GT3 since the 996 GT3 arrived. Yes, the Turbo may be overkill, but it's delicious overkill. Ever used a really, really good tool? It's kind of like that. Very different to the GT3, which has now raised its game again and is still a more passionate/exciting car to me, but the Turbo/S is not to be trifled with. We're in an interesting time with the 911, with three very distinct flavors between Carrera, GT3, and Turbo and their various offshoots.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:20 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,897 Likes on 4,821 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Yes, or even just get a chance to drive one. They are supremely capable cars, and maybe the best usable supercar the world has yet turned out. Yes, Bugatti etc. But name a more usable car with more usable performance in more situations and more types of weather. So far as I know, it isn't possible.

The big surprise to me was that the latest Turbos are really fun in use, too. I'm not a PDK guy, but I fell in love with the total package. Put 2500 miles on one in fast road and track use, and came to the conclusion that I'd rather have the current 911 Turbo than the last 991.1 GT3 RS...the first time I've liked a Turbo more than a contemporary GT3 since the 996 GT3 arrived. Yes, the Turbo may be overkill, but it's delicious overkill. Ever used a really, really good tool? It's kind of like that. Very different to the GT3, which has now raised its game again and is still a more passionate/exciting car to me, but the Turbo/S is not to be trifled with. We're in an interesting time with the 911, with three very distinct flavors between Carrera, GT3, and Turbo and their various offshoots.
The TTS is like the Swiss Army knife of sports cars. If the Swiss Army knife was on a daily regimen of HGH.

I'm almost a bit embarrassed to admit it, but there are days when I would rather have a TTS Exclusive than a GT2 RS.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:36 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

The TTS is amazing. Arguably the most well engineered do-everything sports car in history. Almost too good to where it seems clinical.

Still, GT3 all day. Sound, soul, N/A masterpiece of a motor, vastly better resale, instant classic, more special and unique.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:55 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Einmalig
Jump in a Bentley GT and a TTS feels quick and agile.
Jump in a TTS and a GTS feels quick and agile.
Jump in a GTS and a GT3 feels quick and agile.
Jump in a GT3 and an Indy Car feels quick and agile.
All great rides in their own right for different reasons.
All great rides, but seriously is that the way you feel about TTS and GTS? I own both and just cannot disagree more TTS is superior in all respects hands down.

Originally Posted by stout

Delicious overkill it is Pete. At the moment I am in love with TTS.

Quick Reply: GT3T vs TTS