Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Skip Euro Delivery and Take the Car ASAP?
YES
56.86%
NO
43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 01:02 PM
niqui7ladoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do?

Hey Guys,

Curious what you guys think, since I am starting to lose it and wonder if I am being shortsighted.

Long story short, ordered my GT3 last year, got my PTS slot "confirmed" supposedly around Dec 2018/Jan 2019. Was always supposed to be Euro delivery at Leipzig. Initial date was May 18. Since then the car has been delayed for "paint issues" and I have had various tentative euro delivery dates, mid-June was the last one. Now supposedly the entered production - unclear if it really did - but PGNA can't give a firm euro delivery date. Nothing in July in Leipzig, "maybe" late July at the other pick-up point (no track, which is what i wanted). But perhaps some slot on August is more likely. My SA seems helpful, but highly ineffective at this - and says its all PGNA, which I believe him on...supposedly the PTS plus Euro delivery is too much to coordinate.

Long story short, should I just cancel the euro delivery and say ship me the car when its done in mid/late june. Then id get the car in mid/late july at home in Canada/NYC, and have a few weekends before winter storage (I will be traveling a ton at the end of the summer so the car will barely see much use but better than nothing). Or continue to bend on the euro delivery tentative/delay dates and risk getting some date in Aug (which seems most likely), with my car being delivered to Canada in September probably.

I can always do euro delivery again i assume, but it was my original plan...make the whole thing memorable. First GT3 and a cool euro trip...but now its got so delayed and will kill the summer with the car in a city where winter is really winter. Plus PGNA can't commit to anything date wise and it is only getting harder to get ten days out of the office for a proper euro drive.

Anyways, there are my ramblings. just wondering if i should throw in the towel on euro delivery and get an extra 1.5 months in the summer with it or continue to wait it out?

thanks

nick
Old 05-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Your explanation answers your question.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

I would just move forward and get the car now. If you want to do a trip with it, then switch to PEC delivery. Even if you do ED, you have another month at the end of the ED, before you get the car states side.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:48 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo

my original plan...make the whole thing memorable. First GT3 and a cool euro trip...
I think you already answered.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:31 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Euro Delivery is by far the most important option on any new car to me...
Old 05-20-2018, 08:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I think I would forego if I cant do ED.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:34 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I would switch to Zuffenhausen ED, The Leipzig track isn't all that very flat and not many other tracks around Eastern Germany. Pick up in Zuffenhausen drive to Spa, greatest race track on earth go to Nurburgring if not into TF days (dangerous) hit it on a day the Grand Prix track is open much better track whole lot of fun and hey Baden baden isn't far with the Black forest great drive. I couldn't get Leipzig confirmed either so instead hitting 2 days as Spa then the ring and maybe south of france. You will not regret it. the 8 week wait is a bitch but getting the car back in the winter is not that bad and the epic trip in Europe will more than make up for it
Old 05-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't do ED later on though, but you have next summer with the car, yes? Which dealer did you buy from?
Old 05-21-2018, 02:57 PM
pebble
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
You can't do ED later on though, but you have next summer with the car, yes? Which dealer did you buy from?
Couldn't agree more. Personally, I'd go ahead with ED, even if you have to wait. It'll be an experience you won't forget.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:28 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 428 Posts

Highly recommend ED; I’ve done it numerous times and have my RS confirmed for September in Zuffenhausen. It’s a really cool experience.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:26 AM
niqui7ladoo
Advanced

sorry for the delayed response and thank you all for chiming in.

i am DOING euro delivery in the end - picking up the car at Zuffenhausen on July 13. A bit lost on the plan thereafter, will have the car for 9 days or so - thinking of following the Porsche suggested route through the Alps down to lake como and maybe towards the south of france for a bit and return to stuttgart to drop the car off. will try and post some pics once i get to finally see it.

i was told that getting the car 3m wrapped at Zuffenhausen is no longer possible - so i would have to drive the car naked in Europe, is that correct?

thanks again!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:08 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo
sorry for the delayed response and thank you all for chiming in.

i am DOING euro delivery in the end - picking up the car at Zuffenhausen on July 13. A bit lost on the plan thereafter, will have the car for 9 days or so - thinking of following the Porsche suggested route through the Alps down to lake como and maybe towards the south of france for a bit and return to stuttgart to drop the car off. will try and post some pics once i get to finally see it.

i was told that getting the car 3m wrapped at Zuffenhausen is no longer possible - so i would have to drive the car naked in Europe, is that correct?

thanks again!
From my understanding that is correct if you want it done *prior* to your delivery experience. If you want PPF, I have heard good things about Sandro and his company SchwabenFolia near Stuttgart who can do the PPF after you take delivery. Some RLers have had their cars picked up from Zuffenhausen and taken to SchwabenFolia to get it done prior to Euro driving... IMO though, just did my ED and Im very happy I just took the keys and started driving without worry. Best trip of my life.

Oh and happy to hear you are doing euro delivery, glad I was encouraged to do it and will always encourage others to do it now...I don't think I can take "US delivery" of a new Porsche again...
Old 06-14-2018, 12:25 PM
otisdog
Pro

My GT4 choice was either factory delivery or PTS, but not both, even though we were pre approved for both. Quite difficult to get the stars aligned to accomplish the two. We ending up picking the car up two years ago yesterday, had a great trip. Problem is after being able to drive as fast as you want, when permissible, in Europe, the car is a bit of a bore once you get it back home.
Scwabenfolia wrapped the front of our car in the time it took to take the tour and have lunch. Quite glad we did it, but it's a little unsettling to drive a brand new Porsche out of the factory and hand the keys to a stranger!

Quick Reply: What should I do?