CarPlay Google Maps?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:17 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Got it. I remember that fake hack.

P.S. Here is the beta software. Another user who installed it says that Apple car play looks the same. No waze or google maps.

https://beta.thuthuatios.com/en/
First beta never has everything in it. Plus it's going to take updates to google maps and waze to support the CarPlay API.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:04 AM
Siriuslux
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
I wouldn’t trust Google anymore than I would Facebook. It’s truly amazing how little people value their privacy. In fact, up until recently, Google was even reading your emails. I’ve turned off all Google services. Apple maps works just fine where I live. YMMV. DuckDuckGo is my default search engine and I’ve noticed zero change in the quality of search results.

Don’t forget, with Facebook and Google, YOU are the product.

+1
Old 06-08-2018, 12:21 PM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Siriuslux
+1
And your cell carrier has your location, your ISP has all your searches, Amazon all your buying habits, your bank all your transactions....and the government has it all. Pretty scary but can't be avoided specially if you own a modern device.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Siriuslux
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astolfor
And your cell carrier has your location, your ISP has all your searches, Amazon all your buying habits, your bank all your transactions....and the government has it all. Pretty scary but can't be avoided specially if you own a modern device.
astolfor, there is a significant difference between the bank with all its privacy obligations, the government, the ISP who are obliged to destroy these information about location IP etc. after a defined lapse of time and theformer three need tomkeepmit confidential and are not allowed to sell this information.
vs. Google and GB that a) try to keep this information forever, analyse it and b) sell this information for a living.
I am sure it was and is not your intention to disseminate incomplete or misrepresented information in order to make believe myself and other contributors to this thread are completely ignorant.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:31 PM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Siriuslux

astolfor, there is a significant difference between the bank with all its privacy obligations, the government, the ISP who are obliged to destroy these information about location IP etc. after a defined lapse of time and theformer three need tomkeepmit confidential and are not allowed to sell this information.
vs. Google and GB that a) try to keep this information forever, analyse it and b) sell this information for a living.
I am sure it was and is not your intention to disseminate incomplete or misrepresented information in order to make believe myself and other contributors to this thread are completely ignorant.
Although I do not want to get into an argument that can't be won unless we worked for the same company
I want to say that it is all semantics, and after 72hr data becomes cold and weighted so much it becomes mostly useless for heuristics, 72hrs< older data is mostly for law enforcement or archival for example. All online retailers do sale "their" data, all banks "share" information, all credit bureau have all relevant info.

Don't get me wrong what FB and Google do is pretty pathetic but not much once can do....

Quick Reply: CarPlay Google Maps?