Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:24 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I just had my post removed for commenting on DEALERS POST OF A USED GT3 asking over msrp on a used car is ridiculous- they are a sponsor- these prices are stupid for 150k cars. Options used to go out the window the 1st year.
Not like there is a LACK OF SUPPLY.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
I just had my post removed for commenting on DEALERS POST OF A USED GT3 asking over msrp on a used car is ridiculous- they are a sponsor- these prices are stupid for 150k cars. Options used to go out the window the 1st year.
Not like there is a LACK OF SUPPLY.
My understanding is that they frown upon comments in the actual advert but comments over here in General area about such car are permitted

While there may be Tourings available now, I feel in the future they will be tightly held by owners who cherish them as special

Last edited by Perimeter; 02-25-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:41 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
Options used to go out the window the 1st year.
I think 40k over is ridiculous, but when have options gone out the window? I'm not doubting you, just genuinely curious on what era of pcars based resale on base pricing. This whole GT car craze has been a +/- MSRP thing as long as I've been buying them (not very long).
Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 78 Posts

Gorgeous CPO'd dolphin grey PTS GT3T at Park Place. I have no affiliation with Park Place, but they have been great to deal with over the years, especially my sales guy JVS. I highly recommend them.

https://www.parkplaceporsche.com/cer...c790fcbf75.htm

Old 02-26-2019, 03:56 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,381 Likes on 637 Posts

I think a lot more touring buyers bought their cars to drive and enjoy vs the winged guys , remember only winged PDK cars where built for a period of time and lots of those were flipped immediately.

The touring due to its subtlety seems to have better staying power
Old 02-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I think a lot more touring buyers bought their cars to drive and enjoy vs the winged guys , remember only winged PDK cars where built for a period of time and lots of those were flipped immediately.

I agree as a new Touring owner, at least for me, that I bought it to drive it but I have seen many "regular" GT3s at the track! I have let a couple of cars sit in the garage when I should have driven them more. So, after 7 days of ownership and 1,000 miles of careful break in, I attended a 2 day PCA event this past weekend just southwest of Fort Worth at MSR Cresson. The car is incredible - driver is fair. There were several .1 and .2 winged GT3s, GT3RSs, and TWO GT2RS. I had the only Touring. One of the GT2RS owners was new to the hobby and enjoying his green run group at the wheel of a monster!

Last edited by Vintage72; 02-26-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

I think a lot more touring buyers bought their cars to drive and enjoy vs the winged guys
funny my take is the opposite. it seems like the touring buyers are uber-concerned with production numbers, value and investment potential.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:50 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,381 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch
funny my take is the opposite. it seems like the touring buyers are uber-concerned with production numbers, value and investment potential.
I think everyone 991 is on that same page so it cancels out both sides of the equation
Old 02-26-2019, 05:11 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
I agree as a new Touring owner, at least for me, that I bought it to drive it but I have seen many "regular" GT3s at the track! I have let a couple of cars sit in the garage when I should have driven them more. So, after 7 days of ownership and 1,000 miles of careful break in, I attended a 2 day PCA event this past weekend just southwest of Fort Worth at MSR Cresson. The car is incredible - driver is fair. There were several .1 and .2 winged GT3s, GT3RSs, and TWO GT2RS. I had the only Touring. One of the GT2RS owners was new to the hobby and enjoying his green run group at the wheel of a monster!
I just missed you at MSR. I was there on Friday in the rain and fog testing out a 996 track car I bought from an MSR member, Rob, who apparently was CJ's roommate there a few years back. I bet Saturday and Sunday were great out there. I was at Hallett on Sunday, and it was a great time.

In regards to the GT3T, I am picking up my car in Stuttgart for ED in a month and can't wait. I hope to rack up the miles on it and drive it everywhere.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Bingo

I'll be buried in mine..most who bought touring won't sell for next shiny object

When I drive either of my RS, I feel like "that guy"

Most think black touring is a base 911

No need for a wing as it will never see a race track
Old 02-26-2019, 09:16 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

There are dozens of Tourings for sale on AT, don't seem much different than the winged versions. A ton of both for sale. What's most shocking to me is how many of them are PTS. I'm beginning to think that regular colors are the new PTS. Either that or most people who did PTS either couldn't live with the color once they got the car or went PTS for flipping purposes. Search .2 GT3s on AT and it's like looking at a bunch of jelly beans.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:44 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
There are dozens of Tourings for sale on AT, don't seem much different than the winged versions. A ton of both for sale. What's most shocking to me is how many of them are PTS. I'm beginning to think that regular colors are the new PTS. Either that or most people who did PTS either couldn't live with the color once they got the car or went PTS for flipping purposes. Search .2 GT3s on AT and it's like looking at a bunch of jelly beans.
I checked it now just to see what comes up out of curiosity. I only saw 4 Tourings on there, out of 208 other 2018/19 GT3 for sale:
- Riviera Blue @ $213k
- Lave Orange @ $218k
- Agate Grey @ $195k
- Black @ $186k

There’s several PTS wing GT3 cars there which makes sense if there’s 204 wing GT3s for sale. But only 4 Tourings, only 1 PTS.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Bingo

I'll be buried in mine..most who bought touring won't sell for next shiny object

When I drive either of my RS, I feel like "that guy"

Most think black touring is a base 911

+1....May buy at 992 Targa as a DD for my wife in the next two years...but I don’t envisage selling mine either. It IS the 911 I always wanted...and had a heck of a lot of them to make that assessment.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:55 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

Still, you should track it every once in a while just to experience what it does. I think you’ll be surprised at how it will drive, feel, keep up and/or pass other cars. Even if you also have an RS, at least to drive the manual at the track for fun.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
dozens I’ve not seen more than 6 ever at one time. Can you list .....curious to see the specs?

Quick Reply: NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread