Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Got it, good job on some version of "Keep Calm and Carry ON "
Old 04-14-2018, 02:04 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Awesome.

You have 1000Euro deductible but it covers the glass..
Mine was cracked in 4 places and the replaced it before they shipped the car.

They also replaced my fender liners and gave it an oil change..
Old 04-14-2018, 02:14 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Awesome.

You have 1000Euro deductible but it covers the glass..
Mine was cracked in 4 places and the replaced it before they shipped the car.

They also replaced my fender liners and gave it an oil change..
Hmm... They did that at Sindelfingen/your drop off location or in Zuffenhausen? The windshield will cost more than $1k euro? If it does then I might as well take advantage, unfortunately it's the one time I wished it was bird poop but this will not buff out... thanks for letting me know that's helpful. So far knock on wood only damage is the crack on the windshield. Scraped a bit front fender but it still looks good. Isn't dealing with the insurance a huge pain/how did you do the claim? Just talking to Porsche's third party roadside assistance I wanted to kill myself
Old 04-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I'll extrapolate on this later but basically my experience with Porsche Euro Delivery team here in Zuffenhausen *post* delivery key word *post* has not been great. It kind of makes sense I guess that it's not like they can stop the factory to get a technician to help, but they own the dealership across the street so you'd think they would make it completely available to current ED customers in case of problems. Instead they want you to go through a third-party roadside assistance company which is s^%# in my opinion or wait to have issues fixed with your dealer back in US

Not complaining though and very thankful my issues have been relatively minor/not getting in the way of enjoying this truly amazing trip
if you return the car to zuffenhausen you fill out a drop off form, on that you can list the issues you have and the factory will fix before shipping the car. I had a couple of issues on my cayman that were addressed before it shipped. Trip sounds amazing.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Filled in form, ran my card for 1000Euro.
with drop off. Super simple.

it was about the same cost but I prefer the factory do it.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is your car going to CJ's dealership if you didn't buy from there?
Old 04-14-2018, 04:39 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by Todd B

if you return the car to zuffenhausen you fill out a drop off form, on that you can list the issues you have and the factory will fix before shipping the car. I had a couple of issues on my cayman that were addressed before it shipped. Trip sounds amazing.
No Zuffenhausen option (at least anymore), but I'll look into it at Sindelfingen...it might make sense to have any issues just taken care of now - thanks for letting me know
Filled in form, ran my card for 1000Euro.
with drop off. Super simple.

it was about the same cost but I prefer the factory do it.
This is what I was thinking initially as well, but my experience trying to get help with my PCM issue was terrible with delivery center for the most part... since you guys had some repairs done and they seem to be seamless I'll likely do the same. Thanks again for the tip
Old 04-14-2018, 04:40 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
Why is your car going to CJ's dealership if you didn't buy from there?
Because I feel like it? Relocating to CA
Old 04-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Weather in Nürburg looks good on Monday.

But it changes quickly.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:37 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default SCPS alert!

Looks like you were introduced to the PCM SCPS1000 - Service Center Proximity Sensor
whereby all issues are resolved just prior to getting within 1000m of the nearest Porsche Service Center, the fault history is cleared and all warning displays blanked, thereby rendering your claim unsubstantiated and bordering on embarassing.

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
So the PCM issue was interesting (was completely dead while all other systems perfect)

Took it to Porsche Center Milan and they told me they can't help me after trying system reset

Took it to Porsche Center Zurich and they check it, system shows cable decoupled or power issue not reaching the PCM, but they are busy and cannot help me

Getting fed up I call delivery center to help me, they tell me to come to Zuffenhausen if I can

Go to the dealership in Zuffenhausen and they are confused as hell why I'm there (lol), call again and delivery center wants the car specifically at the center site

Get in the car from Zuffenhausen dealership across the street to take car to delivery center.... the PCM f*^%#%^ reboots and turns on and I see this because I have my beautiful backup camera again... WTF lol

So no PCM at all for 4 days then poof its back online and they run PIWIS and system checks and all shows good.... hmmm....

Anyways... back in Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart for the final 4 days

2100 miles on odo and counting, not bad for 11 days old

I might actually hit 3000 miles by the end of the trip depending on if I go to Nuremberg (for some WW2 history stuff) or Munich (no idea why but to check out the city) as well as the Ring on Monday. I don't know yet if I'll drive it because this car is scary to drive fast (what I learned today under WOT > 5K RPM) and I'm afraid I'll get carried away/hard to drive slow. Also don't know about weather/wet conditions. Traumatized with the Dunlop tires in 34 degree weather and snow all over the ground and piling on my car through the Swiss alps (maybe one of the scariest experience of my life). But I'll go to Ring for sure for pictures and watch the track from a corner, try to get that steak on a rock thing.

Today did Black Forest drives and for a second thought Jesus took the wheel. My eyes were "sweating" a bit and I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. Moments of pure happiness. Ok Ok maybe I teared up a little bit with how perfect the roads/scenery/car was, too good to be true... *sniff* Roads I could eat dinner off of, better than Angeles Crest and Skyline put together..

Pics will come in the recap thread but I'll leave some teasers here..

Attachment 1279050Attachment 1279052Attachment 1279051Attachment 1279049

This car is like a drug, I just want to keep driving... feel like an addict at this point... Mooty was right coke would have been cheaper but my God what a weapon

Attachment 1279053

Also the windshield has a bad crack in it so it will need to be replaced on arrival at CJ's dealership lol, a rock decided to acquaint itself with the windshield on an unrestricted part of the autobahn going north of 220km/hr. Like they say "smoke if you got em", if you own this car... drive it...

Edit - ignore clock and times in last TFT pic, my time has not been syncing since delivery day. No idea why and tried everything short of manually setting it rather than auto sync which I don't want to do but once it gets re-PDI'd in the US hopefully it will get sorted.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:25 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pics and trip.

im jealous

enjoy
Old 04-16-2018, 01:15 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Today is my final day of the trip, I just feel very grateful... best trip I've been on by a mile and that is even considering I have had to reuse some clothes *ahem* without getting into specifics

Nordschleife complete can't thank Kobalt/Dan enough for his PMs/emails/guidance for his help checking this off my bucket list. Not bad for my first ever track experience, in a GT3 on the Ring with the Ring taxi GT-Rs hunting me down left and right

I'm still buzzing from the adrenaline and standing in the parking lot post lap watching all the Porsche GT cars drive by, I don't remember much as I blacked out but a photographer told me he got shots of me driving. That track really is batsh!t crazy but also the most fun I've ever had in a car by a mile. The lap felt like it was 30 seconds when it probably was 10-12 minutes...

What a trip. I don't really want to drop the car off and say goodbye for a little while LOL

By return tonight at Stuttgart after Pistenklause I should be well over 4000 km

Can't wait to do the recap for you guys and so I can archive/memorialize it as fond memories for me

Btw saw 718 Spyder testing and it sounds like a 4 cyl.. will try to post videos in my thread

Last edited by sampelligrino; 04-16-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:18 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Fantastic, I know that feeling well!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:28 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Fantastic, I know that feeling well!
It's a pretty damn cool feeling!! I'm an idiot and I was so excited to get on the track I forgot to let the car slowly warm up to operating temps before putting all settings in sport and letting her rip in retrospect, but considering how carefully I did the break in I think I'll be ok
Old 04-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Congrats.

Quick Reply: Where In The World is Sam Pelligrino?