Sponsored by:

Liqui Moly Cera Tec Feedback request

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:48 PM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Liqui Moly Cera Tec Feedback request

I use Cera Tec on my AMGs, Audi and BMW bike and truly changes the color of the oil at every change from black to like new. I am tempted to put this on my 15 GT3, any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:26 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

I don’t have any experience with that product, but I have a good impression of the brand.

However, one of the functions of motor oil is to act as a detergent to clean and absorb lots of dirt and byproducts of combustion. If the oil looks like new, doesn’t that imply that it’s not flushing that stuff from the engine and into the oil where it can be filtered and eventually exchanged with new oil?

I was also always told not to draw any conclusions about the freshness or effectiveness of oil by its color - need to do a real chemical analysis from Blackstone or similar...
Old 03-20-2018, 08:47 PM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I was also always told not to draw any conclusions about the freshness or effectiveness of oil by its color - need to do a real chemical analysis from Blackstone or similar...
I would agree with the analysis of the oil. I did it on my bikes and did actually reduce all the different solids and elements, it also reduced the oil temp when riding in the heat.. I could try to dig the excel and post the results but I remember being convinced beyond doubt, one of my GS had 180k miles and never burnt oil.

My question was more about if it is something that Porsche engines like.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:05 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Oil gets black due to the effectiveness of the detergent properties of the oil suspended the dirty stuff. If oil stays clear after some usage in the crankcase tells me dirt has settled within your oil pan or internal parts of the engine. A lot of people mistakenly thought when the oil is clear it is good and that is just the opposite.

Quick Reply: Liqui Moly Cera Tec Feedback request