Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 09:49 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah I just checked my notes, it was Progressive - sorry for Fake News there, but perhaps Flo has spoken to AP and knows that there is a "911 Carrera GT3" in the works.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
So a $149,999 MSRP is $1000 a year and $150,001 MSRP is $5000?....that makes zero sense
Agreed. My insurer said nothing of the sort.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:51 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

Will Geico do OEM parts no shortcuts, etc..? This is more critical for me than the cost of the premium. Going to call and shop around soon
Old 03-14-2018, 10:58 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Confirmed with Liberty Mutual OEM Porshe parts is an add on part of the policy for 30$ a year extra. My agent explained Liberty does not have a parts contract with PAG, hence the add on for a very minor cost. I'm grateful this was pointed out my this forum as I was unaware.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:06 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

I have had Amica for years. It is consistently rated one of the top insurance companies in terms of customer satisfaction. I do think Amica's premiums tend to be a little higher than the competition but this is a case where you get what you pay for. Incredible customer service. I have had 3 incidents with car damage and I have been very impressed with Amica's availability, thoroughness and the quality of the work done on my car (at Caliber Collision here in LA). They also went to bat for me when the woman who illegally turned left in front of me tried to claim it was my fault. I have them for home, auto, and umbrella. A++
Old 03-14-2018, 11:44 PM
kbGT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve been on the other end of an Amica claim, where one of their insured ran a stop sign and totaled my car. Amica’s claims department was an absolute class act, and treated me like royalty even though I wasn’t their customer.

In their claims handler’s words: “we make money by insuring good drivers and great people, not by stiffing people on insurance claims.” I like that approach and, in my personal experience, they sure walked the walk.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:59 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Will Geico do OEM parts no shortcuts, etc..? This is more critical for me than the cost of the premium. Going to call and shop around soon
I believe so. I don't have anything for that in my notes. But I think it's because they said I can bring the car wherever I want, including the Porsche dealer.

Originally Posted by 0to60
Confirmed with Liberty Mutual OEM Porshe parts is an add on part of the policy for 30$ a year extra. My agent explained Liberty does not have a parts contract with PAG, hence the add on for a very minor cost. I'm grateful this was pointed out my this forum as I was unaware.
I'll have to call and ask again. Because my notes say they refuse to allow genuine Porsche parts. Maybe I misunderstood.

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I have had Amica for years. It is consistently rated one of the top insurance companies in terms of customer satisfaction. I do think Amica's premiums tend to be a little higher than the competition but this is a case where you get what you pay for. Incredible customer service. I have had 3 incidents with car damage and I have been very impressed with Amica's availability, thoroughness and the quality of the work done on my car (at Caliber Collision here in LA). They also went to bat for me when the woman who illegally turned left in front of me tried to claim it was my fault. I have them for home, auto, and umbrella. A++
In my case, Amica is one of the better rates I've seen. The most expensive have been AAA, State Farm, Nationwide, and All State. Cheapest is Geico, Wawanesa, Amica. In the middle are Farmers and Liberty Mutual.

Originally Posted by kbGT
I’ve been on the other end of an Amica claim, where one of their insured ran a stop sign and totaled my car. Amica’s claims department was an absolute class act, and treated me like royalty even though I wasn’t their customer.

In their claims handler’s words: “we make money by insuring good drivers and great people, not by stiffing people on insurance claims.” I like that approach and, in my personal experience, they sure walked the walk.
Good to know, thanks!
Old 03-15-2018, 02:19 AM
ReadyEddie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for starting this thread. I've honestly never heard of some of the insurance companies you mentioned and it's been very helpful!~ Please keep us posted.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:34 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Yeah, cash/market value. Nobody does actual "agreed value" except those specialty companies like Hagerty and Grundy and classic car companies. And you need to have a dedicated daily driver on a separate policy to be eligible, which I don't. I live in a city so I walk everywhere. The GT3 is a weekend fun car. So I have to stick to the regular insurance companies.
That's not true.....I have Travalers for all my cars and an agreed value on my RS, $225K.....
Old 03-15-2018, 01:01 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by astolfor
I insure cars in CA (San Jose) and WA (Bainbridge Island) and about the same. Own my home, no tickets, 1 hit and run last year and 53years old.
Per year $100/$500 deductibles
AMG 2015 E63s wagon San Jose = $1932 <<<>>>> AMG 2016 E63s wagon Bainbridge Island= $1816
AMG 2017 GTs San Jose = $1916 <<<>>>> Porsche 2015 GT3 Have not paid yet but quoted around $1900
Do yourself a financial favor and raise your deductibles to $1,000 especially when you are insuring several cars.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:38 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

That's not true.....I have Travalers for all my cars and an agreed value on my RS, $225K.....
What state are you in? It matters.

I can only speak for California, but after reading this I just called Travelers. First, I confirmed with them that they DO NOT offer Agreed Value. It is Actual Cash Value. I asked 3 times. And spoke to their claims department. I would look back at the fine print in your policy to double check you're actually getting Agreed Value. And not "stated value" with a "whichever is less clause". Second, their rate was the highest yet. $640/month. No way lol
Old 03-15-2018, 02:36 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

What state are you in? It matters.

I can only speak for California, but after reading this I just called Travelers. First, I confirmed with them that they DO NOT offer Agreed Value. It is Actual Cash Value. I asked 3 times. And spoke to their claims department. I would look back at the fine print in your policy to double check you're actually getting Agreed Value. And not "stated value" with a "whichever is less clause". Second, their rate was the highest yet. $640/month. No way lol
You are correct and I assumed wrong....my agent also did not use the correct terminology either as I have emails that says "Agreed Value" of $225,000 for the Porsche and my policy, which I just checked, states "Actual Cash Value".....obviously big difference

I have Travelers for all my vehicles....after doing some inquiries for a possible new purchase I will likely move to Grundy as they are agreed value.....The RS costs me $2500 a year and Grundy is $1900.....the 458 is only $900 with Travelers but $1500 with Grundy....so those are both a wash.....the kicker is I was quoted $6500 (Yikes!) for a 2017 Ferrari Lusso ($300K value).....Grundy was $2500....it's obvious Travelers does not like to insure the high end cars, hence the huge Premium....I would love to move all to Grundy (MVP program) but they won't insure daily drivers in Mass anymore.....it's crazy

Bottom line Grundy is Agreed Value and obviously much different than Actual Cash Value....
Old 03-15-2018, 02:53 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

You are correct and I assumed wrong....my agent also did not use the correct terminology either as I have emails that says "Agreed Value" of $225,000 for the Porsche and my policy, which I just checked, states "Actual Cash Value".....obviously big difference

I have Travelers for all my vehicles....after doing some inquiries for a possible new purchase I will likely move to Grundy as they are agreed value.....The RS costs me $2500 a year and Grundy is $1900.....the 458 is only $900 with Travelers but $1500 with Grundy....so those are both a wash.....the kicker is I was quoted $6500 (Yikes!) for a 2017 Ferrari Lusso ($300K value).....Grundy was $2500....it's obvious Travelers does not like to insure the high end cars, hence the huge Premium....I would love to move all to Grundy (MVP program) but they won't insure daily drivers in Mass anymore.....it's crazy

Bottom line Grundy is Agreed Value and obviously much different than Actual Cash Value....
Yep. It's always important to double check this stuff. Because if your RS gets totaled you'd be expecting a check for $225,000. But really, you'd get market value minus deductible. Maybe market value is around 225K. Maybe it's much lower. Either way, I'd hate to be in that situation where you're expecting one thing, but reality turns out differently.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, cash/market value. Nobody does actual "agreed value" except those specialty companies like Hagerty and Grundy and classic car companies. And you need to have a dedicated daily driver on a separate policy to be eligible, which I don't. I live in a city so I walk everywhere. The GT3 is a weekend fun car. So I have to stick to the regular insurance companies.
try chubb. They do stated value ( whatever you state in K ) and no DD needed.

Geico and a lot of other companies cap liability at 500k. You don’t want low coverage like that.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:39 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Outlaw

try chubb. They do stated value ( whatever you state in K ) and no DD needed.

Geico and a lot of other companies cap liability at 500k. You don’t want low coverage like that.
Chubb does not cover new cars. Car must be at least 30 years old. I will try the other Chubb agency, looks like they have two.

Quick Reply: GT3 Insurance Question