Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 04:28 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SG7
I just put a deposit on my allocation today. I'm in the GCC market. I believe my OPC only has 15 allocations and it was really just a case of first come first serve.

Speaking of, I wanted to go for Miami Blue but was advised against it as it clashes with the Weissach package & would be a pain in the case of resale. What colours are you all going for? I'm now tied between Lizard Green & GT Silver Metallic.
I think Lizard will be the new LO, meaning we'll see many, and even with that thought u am leaning towards that color. Remember, this is conf from a RY owner. If not Lizard then similar here with GT Silver. It is classic and stays that way for the long run. Every RS that I've seen in GTS has been amazing.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:28 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ taiwan. the wealthy not the kids of the wealthy
I see. I went to school with the kids of the wealthy so I'm too young to know. However, have eaten at proper restaurant in department store w/ Taiwanese billionaires.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SG7
I just put a deposit on my allocation today. I'm in the GCC market. I believe my OPC only has 15 allocations and it was really just a case of first come first serve.

Speaking of, I wanted to go for Miami Blue but was advised against it as it clashes with the Weissach package & would be a pain in the case of resale. What colours are you all going for? I'm now tied between Lizard Green & GT Silver Metallic.
GCC market and OPC - no clue what those mean - where are you located and what dealer.

Pain for resale - who cares it's your car ...
Old 03-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SG7

I'd say see the color yourself - if possible to decide. Not sure how a black package would clash with it.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by SG7

I assume you're in the UK. When you write you put a deposit on an allocation, is it an allocation with a commission number or no allocation yet but waiting and hoping to get one i.e.V70 status?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 833 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
GCC market and OPC - no clue what those mean - where are you located and what dealer.

Pain for resale - who cares it's your car ...
I think OPC means official porsche centre in the land of meghan markle.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:15 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by SG7

unfortunately lizard clash as well if not more
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have an allocation, but dealer now wants me to pay over (somewhere between $40-50k). Bought 3 new cars within the past 10 months (2 Panameras (4S/Turbo) and my GT3.2) so hmmm.

I'm really feeling like saying f*** it and buying a Lusso instead. My current GT3 is my dream spec and Ferrari has been really growing on me recently. Have a little while to decide though.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Mike
Have an allocation, but dealer now wants me to pay over (somewhere between $40-50k). Bought 3 new cars within the past 10 months (2 Panameras (4S/Turbo) and my GT3.2) so hmmm.

I'm really feeling like saying f*** it and buying a Lusso instead. My current GT3 is my dream spec and Ferrari has been really growing on me recently. Have a little while to decide though.
Your dealer has been given his allocations from PCNA? If so, he to my knowledge is the only US dealer that has received them.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 467 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by SG7

I actually think that Miami blue complements the exposed c/f frunk and roof better than all the other bright colours..Gt silver is always a great safe colour, but if i was in your shoes i would go MB, as i think it looks better with c/f than as a whole body colour.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:08 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Your dealer has been given his allocations from PCNA? If so, he to my knowledge is the only US dealer that has received them.
dealers in canada have received allocation.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:09 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I think OPC means official porsche centre in the land of meghan markle.
Thanks

The old Prince Harry would spec the lizard - soon he will ask permission
Old 03-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Fcastel04
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi everyone!
I have spec my .2RS in lizard green with WP and black rims with green around... what you guys think?
I really don’t know if to confirm it like this to my dealer or not...
Considerations are that is a special color that the car has been launched with and that the seats Alcantara are available in green too... but from the first spy photos it doesn’t look great with the WP.... maybe better in white or all black but no contrast with WP
What are your opinions?
Thanks
Old 03-14-2018, 12:24 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcastel04
Hi everyone!
I have spec my .2RS in lizard green with WP and black rims with green around... what you guys think?
I really don’t know if to confirm it like this to my dealer or not...
Considerations are that is a special color that the car has been launched with and that the seats Alcantara are available in green too... but from the first spy photos it doesn’t look great with the WP.... maybe better in white or all black but no contrast with WP
What are your opinions?
Thanks

same.. thinking about giving up WP because the green is
Old 03-14-2018, 02:05 PM
gn993s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Black on black with Weissach package and deviated stitching is the way to go.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS allocation thread