Sponsored by:

Miscommunication surrounding 991.2 GT3 RS Deposit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 12:28 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Update:
I just got an email from my SA at Paul Miller. He apologized and said this was a "computer error"
I guess they have Bots like in the stock market for high frequency trading that just issue checks ***** nilly!! Anyway he said to mail the check back to them and he'll let me know if I get an allocation. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:31 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't know of a single dealer not looking for $150k ADM in the tristate area. Just be grateful that they let you know early.

My dealer on the GT2 RS went from we're working on getting your GT2 RS slot (I had been number 1 a long time), to slots are tough to get, to Mr Pepe (the owner) wants a big ADM on the slot. I had spent about 7 figures with them in the proceeding 18 months.

I just won't do business with them, not much else you can do. No point bitching to PCNA over a hobby, if it's not bringing you joy do something else with your money.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:33 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Jockey
Update:
I just got an email from my SA at Paul Miller. He apologized and said this was a "computer error"
I guess they have Bots like in the stock market for high frequency trading that just issue checks ***** nilly!! Anyway he said to mail the check back to them and he'll let me know if I get an allocation. I'll keep you guys updated.
Lol - my dealer told me it was a miscommunication on the GT2 RS when I cancelled my other 3 orders over their ADM request.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:43 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Update:
Seems you might improve your chances w/some dealership goodwill by changing the title of your thread, which I'm not convinced was appropriate in the first place. Mistakes get made, in the real word and yes, inside dealerships. Without more facts about your situation, I think it's premature to tar and feather the dealership on an online forum.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I don't know of a single dealer not looking for $150k ADM in the tristate area. Just be grateful that they let you know early.

My dealer on the GT2 RS went from we're working on getting your GT2 RS slot (I had been number 1 a long time), to slots are tough to get, to Mr Pepe (the owner) wants a big ADM on the slot. I had spent about 7 figures with them in the proceeding 18 months.

I just won't do business with them, not much else you can do. No point bitching to PCNA over a hobby, if it's not bringing you joy do something else with your money.
Lol - my dealer told me it was a miscommunication on the GT2 RS when I cancelled my other 3 orders over their ADM request.
You sir are a true non-VIP VIP at your dealer, that is just wrong how they screwed you over. I'm glad to hear that you cancelled your other 3 orders and took your business elsewhere. If someone like you can't get a GT2RS allocation at MSRP, there is something really wrong with the system.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
For the brand this isn’t an acceptable practice. Why not just place your order through Porsche, select the dealer to take delivery from, and then that dealer makes the standard profit. Porsche builds those cars, then makes more so each dealer has stock for the guy walking in and losing his **** when he sees the thing?
Absolutely true, no brand loyalty is being established when flippers get the first allocations and buyers only feel sleighted by depreciation later
Old 02-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

On my .2 GT3 there was a little miscomunication and all was worked out and made right. But- these things need to be Professionally worked out before you turn to the internet. Mothership is watching these emails so one should first try to clear up the miscommunication one on one.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:24 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I really don't understand how everyone who doesn't get a car thinks they got screwed over. If a dealer has a dozen great high dollar customers and only get 5 cars, some of those great customers aren't going to get a car. What exactly is the dealership supposed to do in that case? Magically turn five cars into 12?
Old 02-18-2018, 01:32 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Paul Miller and they are top notch and very honorable

a simple error occurred Did you speak to the GM before writing this thread?

I’d delete this thread personally or at minimum change the title
Old 02-18-2018, 01:42 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Originally Posted by raclaims
I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Paul Miller and they are top notch and very honorable

a simple error occurred Did you speak to the GM before writing this thread?

I’d delete this thread personally or at minimum change the title
I'll delete or change the title when I get better communication from the dealer. Personally I don't buy the "computer error" story but whatever!!! And for the people who say they had more deposits than allocations yes that may be true but how do they know how many allocations they have before the car is even announced and who are these people that are on the list before me?! When did they get on the list? 10 years ago?!!! Come on guys. We all know what's happening here.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I'll delete or change the title when I get better communication from the dealer. Personally I don't buy the "computer error" story but whatever!!! And for the people who say they had more deposits than allocations yes that may be true but how do they know how many allocations they have before the car is even announced and who are these people that are on the list before me?! When did they get on the list? 10 years ago?!!! Come on guys. We all know what's happening here.
I hear what you are saying but have you gone to the Dealership and sat with the GM and had a conversation/ explanation???. If you are saying "yes" and the outcome was not good than I get posting your frustration. But- if you burn a Dealer on here and now they want you to resend your check back - How do you see your chances improving now??

Life will throw one many curve ***** and how you react is what separates one's self. I think it is in your best interest to believe is was a comluter issue bacause it is irrelevant if things are all worked out.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:59 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I hear what you are saying but have you gone to the Dealership and sat with the GM and had a conversation/ explanation???. If you are saying "yes" and the outcome was not good than I get posting your frustration. But- if you burn a Dealer on here and now they want you to resend your check back - How do you see your chances improving now??
Good point How do I change the title?
Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Holy Socks , how nearsighted of Larchmont ; The few times I've heard news on them in the past it has always good .
Old 02-18-2018, 02:32 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Update:
Mail the check back? They will cancel it one way or the other since it was computer generated (?) and most likely through their bank account system. Something sounds fishy here.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default PAUL MILLER CAN NOT PICK UP THE PHONE ON A $250k DEAL? WTF????

You are entering into a serious $250k+ transaction and the dealership can not pick up the phone to discuss the deal with you?
No wonder there is so much miscommunication.

Again, this is Sales 101 and they failed, you need to inform Porsche NA immediately - Germany Home Office would be absolutely PO'ed if they found out how you are being treated

Update:

+1, keen insight....fishy, like they read RL and the aftershocks have started
Hold these dealers to their word, there is never any miscommunication, just the BS they will try and pull on you.
Originally Posted by ExMB
Mail the check back? They will cancel it one way or the other since it was computer generated (?) and most likely through their bank account system. Something sounds fishy here.

Quick Reply: Miscommunication surrounding 991.2 GT3 RS Deposit