Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Any aesthetic car care DIY requests?

Old 04-24-2019, 01:29 AM
sunnyr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Easy way to get rid of dead insects goo after a drive? Not anything too involved, must take < 10 mins. I am lazy.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:51 AM
ubtrippin
User

Wd 40 always works
Old 05-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Detailed Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cyberbug View Post
Any recommendations or power steamer for cleaner, I don’t need to wash the car much as I drive in fair weather only and was thinking a quality pressure steamer would be better than a pressure washer, thoughts?
For exterior paint? Do not use steam. Use a pressure washer or water hose. A good rule of thumb is to not place the water jet any closer than you would to your own skin (for instance, use your own hand as a gauge for the distance). You'll be perfectly fine. The paint is far more durable than your skin.

Originally Posted by ubtrippin View Post
Hi if I passed it up in the thread my apologies in advance. What is everyone using to get your paint extra smooth.
If it's not smooth, it's not clean. Start with degreasing with something like P21S Total Auto Wash and then move upwards of claying or decon pads from there.

Originally Posted by F1tifosi View Post
Dear JC - What do you recommend for removing winter salt from my carpets? Have Weathertech inserts but ended up collecting a lot of salt around the gas pedal. Thanks
Pay a professional to steam clean and/or hot water extract them. For DIY, Youtube will have many tutorials but that's a level of cleaning that's best left to the guys with the professional equipment IMHO and, in general, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to have it done.

Originally Posted by Jerrygreene View Post
I feel very foolish for asking as NO one is too eat in my cars.... i dropped a hot cheese tac- o sauce on to black leather perforated seats ( ones that have A/C) can't get out... thoughts?
Call a pro.

Originally Posted by Cyberbug View Post
Steamer rec?
Cheap one that's pretty okay.

Cost more, but is far nicer. <--I own this one.

Originally Posted by sunnyr View Post
Easy way to get rid of dead insects goo after a drive? Not anything too involved, must take < 10 mins. I am lazy.
Mix up some Optimum No Rinse Quick Detail Spray. Mist to a towel, place the towel over the bug marks for a few moments/minutes, gently wipe away. Do not do this on hot surfaces or in direct sunlight.

Enjoy!
Bespoke paint protection film services • Modesta Pure Glass Paint Coating Systems • Restorative Detailing & Paint Correction
Let us improve your Porsche Experience Center delivery Read HERE
770.648.6030 -by appointment only
[email protected]
Old 05-16-2019, 01:31 AM
sunnyr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs View Post

Mix up some Optimum No Rinse Quick Detail Spray. Mist to a towel, place the towel over the bug marks for a few moments/minutes, gently wipe away. Do not do this on hot surfaces or in direct sunlight.

Enjoy!
Thanks! Will give it a try after the next drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any aesthetic car care DIY requests?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: