Sponsored by:

.2GT3 for a 2016 GT3/RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mehoff
Perfect, simplistically elegant answer. Think this trumps all other arguments........if looking toward future value/iconic status.

Personally I would opt for the .2GT3, but ONLY because of the manual. I buy all of my cars to drive; I love manual, I don't like the PDK (fully acknowledging the PDK is a better transmission). But if you just want to buy it as an investment or to show off to the country club set, RS will always be the answer.
Value is also set by desirability, and the emotional connection the driver has with an object or experience (emotional equity)....not just "investment or to show off to the country club set"? Those values are driven by something and it's more than numbers or rarity. My point is that over time, more than in one body cycle, Porsche has told us the RS is the more special car, and we've always complied. I have a 997 .1RS no faster than the GT3, but God I love that car.

Seems disingenuous to presume GT3 owners are somehow immune to use your words again "show off to the country club set", I bet both buyers are very much the same. Big wing, small wing the world just sees guy in flashy mid-life Euro sled. So I drive a truck to work.

Last edited by consolidated; 01-03-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Value is also set by desirability, and the emotional connection the driver has with an object or experience (emotional equity)....not just "investment or to show off to the country club set"? Those values are driven by something and it's more than numbers or rarity. My point is that over time, more than in one body cycle, Porsche has told us the RS is the more special car, and we've always complied. I have a 997 .1RS no faster than the GT3, but God I love that car.

Seems disingenuous to presume GT3 owners are somehow immune to use your words again "show off to the country club set", I bet both buyers are very much the same. Big wing, small wing the world just sees guy in flashy mid-life Euro sled. So I drive a truck to work.
well put.

lol. I drive a pick up truck as my dd too.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by Waxer

well put.

lol. I drive a pick up truck as my dd too.
Yeah, great stress remover compared to driving a 'nice' car. I tapped the wall parking last week, and left it parked like that, glorious. Mine has big running boards, just try to ding my doors and you'll bend yours.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:48 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I DD my GT3, 365 days a year. The GT3 is subtle enough especially the touring option.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Big Wing/Big truck. Starting to see a pattern and may be a small issue.....

- Sorry' Could not help Myself- just drinking some wine and having fun while my Son is with Wife in Hotel room with Stomach Virus he caught today at Disney World. Boy do I hate this place
Old 01-03-2018, 09:56 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by 0to60
I DD my GT3, 365 days a year. The GT3 is subtle enough especially the touring option.
Depends on the color. Your Viper Green GT3 is hardly subtle but you know this, great color btw. A silver or black RS is much more subdued to me at least.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:57 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

- Sorry' Could not help Myself- just drinking some wine and having fun while my Son is with Wife in Hotel room with Stomach Virus he caught today at Disney World. Boy do I hate this place
It's a board wide epidemic I believe. lol
Old 01-03-2018, 10:02 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on the color. Your Viper Green GT3 is hardly subtle but you know this, great color btw. A silver or black RS is much more subdued to me at least.
My Arena Red was the perfect color for DD. Yes the Viper Green is less than subtle, but will still DD it here. No snow, no ice, hasn't rained in over 100 days. GT3 is a great DD given the right circumstances.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, great stress remover compared to driving a 'nice' car. I tapped the wall parking last week, and left it parked like that, glorious. Mine has big running boards, just try to ding my doors and you'll bend yours.
lol again. Seriously. My son backed up into my Raptor with his M4. $350 to adjust my fender. $1400 to fix his M4.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

roflmao. Last time I was there I walked so much I wanted to have my feet amputated just to stop the pain.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

roflmao. Last time I was there I walked so much I wanted to have my feet amputated just to stop the pain.
I have a 19 year old, did that, many times, now i have a 4 year old, I have to do it all over again. Its painful, but its cool watching your kids eyes light up and just dream. magic land for them
Old 01-04-2018, 06:00 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I have a 19 year old, did that, many times, now i have a 4 year old, I have to do it all over again. Its painful, but its cool watching your kids eyes light up and just dream. magic land for them
i will say the food was very good and the place was spotless. However walked for days with my son looking for “Mickey”. He was 6. No Mickey except his image printed on EVERYTHING except toilet paper. Like looking for water in the Sahara. Finally even the kid says to me “ so dad , where the hell is Mickey?”

Finally appeared in a parade at the Magic Kingdom. Waved to us and he was gone. I wanted to give him the finger at that point.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:44 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 932 Likes on 535 Posts

for those who are saying that RS values are dropping. I sold my RS to a dealer 3 weeks ago and they listed it for 17 k above sticker , and it sold within a week.. This is real market value at this time. I can't tell you for how much it was sold for, but usually when a used car sells quickly, it sells close or at asking price
Old 01-04-2018, 10:17 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
If only we knew someone who owned a race team with a couple pro drivers. And maybe owned a dealership with manual and PDK GT3's. Then we could find out easily.
Anyone know such a person?
Only wrinkly bits:

All da GT3's are belong to da customa
Old 01-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pitt911
for those who are saying that RS values are dropping. I sold my RS to a dealer 3 weeks ago and they listed it for 17 k above sticker , and it sold within a week.. This is real market value at this time. I can't tell you for how much it was sold for, but usually when a used car sells quickly, it sells close or at asking price
Spoke to a dealer on a car a friend was interested in. They told me RSs go for $15 to $20k over depending on spec, mileage ...

Quick Reply: .2GT3 for a 2016 GT3/RS