Sponsored by:

A drive in the GT3 Touring and Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 12:00 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
You were right. Got an allocation earlier in the week for Sept. Apparently the last or one of the last for Canada.
I'm on the fence ... wing ... Touring ... I like the leather interior in the Touring better and the car will be a street car. Just wished the color palette was better/wider.
Now to drive myself nuts until I have to lock.
Great news! Congratulations!

I agree that the color palette right now is underwhelming. The basics are handled, but the "other" colors are meh—either metallic versions of the basic colors plus 2-3 "safe" different choices and some real outliers that aren't quite brilliant. For me, it would be an agonizing decision between a GT Silver GT3 with satin aluminum wheels and PCCB (man, does that combo work...somehow cutting through the "too many silver Porsches" problem) or a Jet Black Metallic GT3 Touring with satin aluminum wheels and PCCB. Would agonize a bit there on window trim (mostly this). After seeing a bunch of cars in Europe, these were the two that stood out as particularly stunning.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You were right. Got an allocation earlier in the week for Sept. Apparently the last or one of the last for Canada.
Now to drive myself nuts until I have to lock.
Hi Crazy, my delivery is mid-Nov!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:45 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Just wished the color palette was better/wider.
Originally Posted by stout
I agree that the color palette right now is underwhelming.
The color palette is especially dismal now that three colors have been removed. Probably no consolation to GT3 buyers, but the color palette for the Carrera T is even more abysmal (only nine options... with two whites, two blacks and lava included - pretty rough).
Old 03-18-2018, 11:30 AM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Color pallete for me was just right because I've never wavered from Miami for a few years since awaiting this car. I'm just wavering on Buckets and PCCB
Old 03-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by macan2016
Color pallete for me was just right because I've never wavered from Miami for a few years since awaiting this car. I'm just wavering on Buckets and PCCB
If it is a GT Touring go with the most comfy seats(4 ways) and with MB go with PCCBs and yellow belts
Old 03-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the color palette right now is underwhelming. The basics are handled, but the "other" colors are meh—either metallic versions of the basic colors plus 2-3 "safe" different choices and some real outliers that aren't quite brilliant. For me, it would be an agonizing decision between a GT Silver GT3 with satin aluminum wheels and PCCB (man, does that combo work...somehow cutting through the "too many silver Porsches" problem) or a Jet Black Metallic GT3 Touring with satin aluminum wheels and PCCB. Would agonize a bit there on window trim (mostly this). After seeing a bunch of cars in Europe, these were the two that stood out as particularly stunning.
I believe, from purely a color harmony perspective, that the Touring’s lovely arabesque lines are best revealed with the silver trim. This applies to all the colors offered (an egregiously wanting palette); though several, guards red being an example, also work well, in a more contemporary fashion. The lighter colored wheels also emphasize the stance and sculptured look of the machine, again because of the contrast they offer.

I am taking delivery of my A1 Black this Thursday. Silver metallic side stripes (very close to the standard silver wheels), and yellow porsche lettering (very close to the pccb calipers) are a last minute decision, and being applied in the next day or two. I shall post pictures. Worst case scenario, they peel right off.

Cheers,

Claudio
Old 07-05-2018, 10:53 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
Don't think so. Unlike the "R", there should be more tourings on the market. My estimate: Approx. 2000 (on a total of approx. 8000 GT3).
I think less tourings than 2,000, can anyone confirm?

What a fantastic thread and a big thank you to @Stout for amazing and insightful posts!

Here is mine:
Old 07-05-2018, 01:40 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

^ Very nice, and either identical or nearly identical to how I would have ordered mine after the drive in France.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:55 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

^ Very nice, and either identical or nearly identical to how I would have ordered mine after the drive in France.
You have great taste, if I do say so.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:05 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

Perfection in Black, and elegance in simplicity.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:43 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For me, it would be an agonizing decision between a GT Silver GT3 with satin aluminum wheels and PCCB (man, does that combo work...somehow cutting through the "too many silver Porsches" problem) or a Jet Black Metallic GT3 Touring with satin aluminum wheels and PCCB. Would agonize a bit there on window trim (mostly this). After seeing a bunch of cars in Europe, these were the two that stood out as particularly stunning.
Pete, your thoughts on a black touring with light wheels and pccb is what ultimately led to my final spec. So if I hated my car, I was going to blame you. Fortunately, I love how it turned out
Old 07-05-2018, 07:12 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

You have great taste, if I do say so.
Or, at least, there's a good bet we'd enjoy an afternoon together.

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Pete, your thoughts on a black touring with light wheels and pccb is what ultimately led to my final spec. So if I hated my car, I was going to blame you. Fortunately, I love how it turned out
Crazy to hear, but cool that it worked out for you! At every press trip, there is a color or two that sort of "win" for that car of the colors present. For me anyway, and so far the results have been entirely unpredictable and ofter violate what I think I would like on the car, or my usual faves. 918 was Dark Blue Metallic. 991.1 GT3 RS was Ultraviolet. GT4 was Guards Red. 991.2 GTS was White. And GT3 Touring was Black—leaving me with the view that I would only consider Black or Jet Black Metallic from the standard selections or maybe Brewster (which may as well be black in low light) if PTS could be had. There is just something about the car that really works in black.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:54 AM
NevB
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

What a fantastic thread and a big thank you to @Stout for amazing and insightful posts!

Here is mine:
Looks like my GT3T also!
Old 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 343 Likes on 176 Posts

Here is mine:
Very, very nice. Aluminum trim, silver wheels, PCCBs always look great, especially on black. With modern film and ceramic coatings, dark colors are getting easier to own.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 389 Posts

9sec 1/4 mile in a Carrera T with only about 10k in upgrades.

Last edited by Norge911; 07-22-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Quick Reply: A drive in the GT3 Touring and Carrera T