Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 10:00 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

As always, when it comes to limited edition cars, you can count on Porsche to **** off a ton of its customers
The following 3 users liked this post by unotaz:
928cs (07-08-2019), evilfij (06-23-2019), JAM2 (06-26-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 03:46 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, no posts in a week. This thread needs to come back from the dead! Where did everyone go...Boxster Spyder thread?
Old 06-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Fcastel04
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1
Wow, no posts in a week. This thread needs to come back from the dead! Where did everyone go...Boxster Spyder thread?
So just to bring this thread back...
Who has found some photos of a Speedster with Satin Aluminum wheels ? Did at least some of the cars on the Sardegna Press week had the Satin Alu wheels?

Receiving soon on my PTS Speedster with Satin Alu and would like to see what they look like, since on the configurator these are shown much darker (mistake?)

thanks
Old 06-29-2019, 04:58 PM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 232 Likes on 104 Posts

Does anyone have confirmation on custom interior options approved for their Speedster? Even the Heritage is now stopped.

I was verbally confirmed on numerous “off the configurator standard list” options. Now; I haven’t had a reply in a couple weeks from the rep. It does seem the Speedster custom options may be put off as the latest p profit news is heritage package available for other models. I think they’ll be moving on to the 992 and other new products as the Speedsters will all be taken up without a problem. Maybe at the end of production more options will be available.....

Last edited by Bubba Wibs; 06-29-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:15 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
Does anyone have confirmation on custom interior options approved for their Speedster? Even the Heritage is now stopped.

I was verbally confirmed a go on numerous off the configurator list options, then no reply in a couple weeks from the rep. It does seem the Speedster custom options may be put off as the latest p profit news on heritage package available for other models indicates they’ll be moving on to the 992 and other new products as the Speedsters will all be taken up without a problem. Maybe at the end of production more options will be available.....
Also had heard nothing for a couple of weeks, then mid last week I heard that I got denied my two CXX request for a september build.

One of them was a longshot (heritage calipers on a non heritage car), the other which is usually never an issue also got denied (painted wheels).

My understanding is that Porsche isn't allowing for anything that has a chance to delay production of this car, they just want to get them out as fast as possible and get on with 992/Spyder/GT4 production.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:20 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Also had heard nothing for a couple of weeks, then mid last week I heard that I got denied my two CXX request for a september build.

One of them was a longshot (heritage calipers on a non heritage car), the other which is usually never an issue also got denied (painted wheels).

My understanding is that Porsche isn't allowing for anything that has a chance to delay production of this car, they just want to get them out as fast as possible and get on with 992/Spyder/GT4 production.
My dealer confirmed my order still good for Sept build. Porsche Racing Green and Black/Ascot interior. But not feeling comfortable til build starts
Old 06-30-2019, 07:06 AM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I got PTS for October build, but was denied ANY CXX. This was a week or so ago. It’s kind of a shame they have to circumscribe the builds for such a beautiful, limited and possibly seminal car. Their manufacturing capacity must be really stretched thin: too many new models/ platforms to get into production.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:06 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Would be good to get an understanding of how many cars are delivered in each colour along with Heritage and PTS cars. It is possible for Australia we may see the Heritage Spec limited to 5 to 10 cars only and possibly no PTS. Sept & Oct builds only.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:38 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Originally Posted by TylerCoupe
My dealer confirmed my order still good for Sept build. Porsche Racing Green and Black/Ascot interior. But not feeling comfortable til build starts
That sounds like a incredible build, congratulations! Hopefully it’s locked and loaded in their system and no issues come up for you.

For the rest of us at least the standard interior being black will suite every exterior color. I personally ordered my PTS somewhat based on the fact they had told me I’d get custom interior and I could do lots of unique touches to tie it all together. Hopefully standard CXX items like the custom stitching colors, extended dash and so on are available unlike my last RS which had nothing available.... if not I’ll save 30k so whatever.

Either way I’m stoked on this car and excited to drive the thing! The weather is so nice, I can’t wait to get out with the top down and let the engine scream!!! I’m way more interested in seeing what aftermarket exhaust options will be available then any interior options at the end of the day.

I’m sure the last batch RS cars coming out soon with the particulate filters will get lots of attention, hopefully exhaust options without a ECU flash required are possible.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 162 Posts

It looks like the first North America Speedster build sheet appeared in the database last night. It’s a Canadian car, Agate Grey over Black Leather interior. Many of the Canadian GT cars don’t have the options correctly listed in the build sheets, so no clue how it was spec’d.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
That sounds like a incredible build, congratulations! Hopefully it’s locked and loaded in their system and no issues come up for you.

For the rest of us at least the standard interior being black will suite every exterior color. I personally ordered my PTS somewhat based on the fact they had told me I’d get custom interior and I could do lots of unique touches to tie it all together. Hopefully standard CXX items like the custom stitching colors, extended dash and so on are available unlike my last RS which had nothing available.... if not I’ll save 30k so whatever.

Either way I’m stoked on this car and excited to drive the thing! The weather is so nice, I can’t wait to get out with the top down and let the engine scream!!! I’m way more interested in seeing what aftermarket exhaust options will be available then any interior options at the end of the day.

I’m sure the last batch RS cars coming out soon with the particulate filters will get lots of attention, hopefully exhaust options without a ECU flash required are possible.
@TylerCoupe
Is your build still ok? A September build that I know 0f just got notified to come up with a plan B. No LTS for PCNA September builds... only 5-6 LTS made September production for ROW...
Old 07-08-2019, 02:01 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
@TylerCoupe
Is your build still ok? A September build that I know 0f just got notified to come up with a plan B. No LTS for PCNA September builds... only 5-6 LTS made September production for ROW...
no bad news yet...but again not comfortable until its built
Old 07-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Originally Posted by TylerCoupe
no bad news yet...but again not comfortable until its built
Funny enough the exclusive rep called me last Wednesday after I thought all hope was lost and told me that LTS should be fine for my build and will confirm this week. He said since we requested it months ago it shouldn’t be a problem. I’m not holding my breath, I’ll touch base when I get a answer as my build locks this month. Agree with TylerCoupe, until locked who knows...
Old 07-08-2019, 02:28 PM
mxp
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I was able to add 2 CXX items to my order, yellow door pulls, and yellow 12 o'clock steering wheel marker ... pricey as hell
Old 07-08-2019, 04:46 PM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mxp
I was able to add 2 CXX items to my order, yellow door pulls, and yellow 12 o'clock steering wheel marker ... pricey as hell
Great news... in these uncertain (CXX) times !!! 😬

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies